Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Morning all! Nothing much to add to this week's bunch of toss: the Dreary is now so boring I don't know how she gets away with it week afetr ghastly week. Such rubbish. The 'poor me... I coulda been a contender if only it wasn't for my Ma & Pa" drivel was a new low: the never been through puberty/huge breast issue is a bit of an eye opener. Of course, there afre no photos of the 'melon years'... can it be they never existed? John Lewis must be out of their minds... to let the mad old pensioner at their dressing-up box and get her weird penis-knees out in public... not to mention the frightful 'just wet my knickers' posing *shudders*. Mad old baggage.

Ha yes! I noticed a penis on her knee in one of those pictures too.

What in the name of all that is holy were John Lewis thinking of?
  • Pixie24Pixie24 Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Seabird wrote: »
    The trouble with the Diary, well, one of the troubles, is that it is written so far ahead that the 'cliffhanger' endings are redundant. If Dscrace had indeed taken Liz up the, er Shard and fulfilled his contract by proposing to her it would have been on the front cover of Fluffy Wuffy Animals Weekly by now and the Side Bar of Shame. So no need for us to purchase a Michael Korrs hat just yet.

Eww - I don't want to see Liz flaunting anything in the sidebar of shame!
  • SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie24 wrote: »
    Eww - I don't want to see Liz flaunting anything in the sidebar of shame!

Oh she'd love it, so many SoS catagories she could aim for:

'Liz Jones, 56, is finally...'

a) 'All Grown Up'
    b) 'A Kardashian'
    c) 'Pregnant with 'miracle' baby'
    d) 'Hilarious'
    e) 'A Muslim'
    f) 'Twerking'
    g) 'Adorable'
    h) 'Another Kardashian'
    i) 'Middle-aged' (probably the worst accusation)
    j) 'Arrested for historic crimes' (against journalism)'

Etc, etc, etc....
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thing about D'Scrace is that, almost uniquely amongst her alleged paramours, he actually exists (yes, I know, so does Nirps - btw, anyone else read his dire book ? And isn't he a truly unappealing, slimy individual ?). That said, I'm certain that he's just along for the ride and agreed to being lampooned as a dirty-nailed, spineless, ponytailed wonder in response for... er... er... well, money, I'm assuming. Time, he opined nodding sagely, will tell.
  • Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In which news breaks about my alleged impending bankruptcy because I PUT IT IN MY DIARY FOR PUBLICATION.

So this is the reality Liz. If you want to share your life with this man you have to be honest. Richer for poorer etc. And stop lying about your "one and only" dress, you're miraculously throwing money at David every two minutes and spending a small fortune on unnecessary spa treatments. Live within your means or stop whining. You're nearly sixty years old - it is time to live in the real world. Real people don't need million-plus homes, real people don't have to drive costly cars, real people supplement their existing rich-person wardrobes with the sort of stuff you cheerfully model from chain stores and real people pluck their own knees. Wake up.

"I have to go on TV and awards dinners" - surely someone as sample-sized as Liz could hire or borrow, everyone else does. And to be perfectly honest, who fricking cares? Designers supposedly hate her, the industry is a load of wank anyway - why not cultivate STYLE Liz and actively show your "green" credentials (AHAHAHAHHAHAHAH) by recycling what you have? Some of the most stylish people I know are wearing jackets and suits that are 30 years old and they look FANTASTIC in them. God what a ridiculous woman, I want to smack her in the face.

Meanwhile DScrace is back with the old "perhaps I am not the right man for you mope mope" act which will naturally trigger Liz into a fit of morose remorse and they'll make up. They are so codependent it's nauseating.
  • nitenursenitenurse Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The hearing Collie has returned.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2732922/LIZ-JONES-Forced-fed-snooty-culture-dodgy-Victoria-sponge.html

Who knew she was "addicted to Coronation Street"????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    " ‘Yes, it’s true as I never write what isn’t..."

Said statement is:

1 - a lie, and...

2 - appalling grammar.
  • newbabynewbaby Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you earn a lot of money (which LJ helpfully says she does), you have an accountant whose primary purpose is not actually to file your tax returns on time but minimise the tax payable at year end: calculating expenses which can be offset against the tax owing. It's up to the client to pay HMRC on time, based on those figures.

If LJ fails to pay a tax bill at the given time, and is a serial repeater at not settling with HMRC, it's not the accountant's fault. It's her airy-fairy attitude to money. She's 56 or so, and supposedly intelligent.: ergo, should realise that frugality is a friend not an enemy if you get yourself into a financial hole. A financial hole of your own making. But she seems to think she's hard done by and the "bankruptcy" is all frightfully unfair,and she can continue to spend, spend, spend on things which, in the great scheme of things, are crazed indulgences. Say her gross earnings over a year were £500,000 (can't see how, but hey ho). Lob off 40% tax and Nat Ins (class 4/self-employed), ignoring any justifiable expenses which includes professional fees as an offset, and that's about £20,000 PER MONTH, NET, to "live on". (not sure I've got the figures quite right, but it's as near as dammit)

She is an unbelievably stupid woman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    OK... Dreary first: who are these friends who tell her how wonderful she is? Who are these people who will tweet about her looking like a sack of shite? Does she remember she is no longer Fashion Editor of the Wail? Does she insist that she and the DIrty Baker converse purely by text and email because it's easier to cut 'n' paste?

Picnicgate: I'll bet a shiny shilling that the 'pop' was 14% and not alone. Does she realise she is showing herself up as a dribbling incompetent (again) to turn up to an evening 'do' outside in Yorkshire without so much as a travel blanket? If there's a basic set of cardinal rules it's a) hot food b) chair c) many layers. I will also bet two shiny shillings that the reported 'conversations' only took place in the echoing, dusty attic where her brain used to be.

RADAgate: well, I'm not sure about you, but this seems like another example of her crippling self-image problems (along with thinking she could be a model and a backing dancer for Adam Ant) along with a further delusion regarding any actual talent (no degree? You astound me...). At least there was only one carpet-chewingly ghastly piece apart from the Dreary and no dressing up, so perhaps we should be grateful.
  • newbabynewbaby Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK... Dreary first: who are these friends who tell her how wonderful she is? Who are these people who will tweet about her looking like a sack of shite? Does she remember she is no longer Fashion Editor of the Wail? Does she insist that she and the DIrty Baker converse purely by text and email because it's easier to cut 'n' paste?

Picnicgate: I'll bet a shiny shilling that the 'pop' was 14% and not alone. Does she realise she is showing herself up as a dribbling incompetent (again) to turn up to an evening 'do' outside in Yorkshire without so much as a travel blanket? If there's a basic set of cardinal rules it's a) hot food b) chair c) many layers. I will also bet two shiny shillings that the reported 'conversations' only took place in the echoing, dusty attic where her brain used to be.

RADAgate: well, I'm not sure about you, but this seems like another example of her crippling self-image problems (along with thinking she could be a model and a backing dancer for Adam Ant) along with a further delusion regarding any actual talent (no degree? You astound me...). At least there was only one carpet-chewingly ghastly piece apart from the Dreary and no dressing up, so perhaps we should be grateful.

RADAgate is just so silly. The idea of Juliet's soliloquy fills me horror (anyway, her drama teacher - if there was one - should have pointed her in the direction of something less obvious to stand out, if there was a modicum of talent). Then to be so traumatised at hearing about the death of someone she didn't know that she was unable to function: anybody really wishing to audition for a place at RADA would have pitched up, regardless. I have no sympathy at all.

Picnicgate is nearly funny: for all the wrong reasons. God help us if LJ went to Glynebourne - with the hearing dog, a packet of vegan crisps and a can of Pellegrino, but without a deckchair, a picnic rug and sufficient layers - to see butlers, candelabra and proper china at the most low-key "picnics". (as she was with a friend at R&J in the park, why was the hearing dog necessary? or so clever, it could act all parts and do semaphore of the script?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By calling Michael, a hearing dog, she is insulting people with hearing problems, and the wonderful animals that are trained to help them in their day to day activities
  • amikolaichekamikolaichek Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WHY the hell does she have to be so bloody foul to those she obviously considers beneath her ... like the hapless ticket lady who asked if she was accompanied by a child? Did the Lizard really have to reply, in such a snotty way:

'So I said: ‘What difference does it make? I haven’t paid yet, you can see we are both over 21, you will take your £15 each and that is that. Why get in a stew? Why not say, “Hello! Enjoy the performance!” My dad fought Germany so that you could have a democracy, and be welcoming'.

No wonder so many loathe her. Rude, critical woman. As for bringing her 'hearing dog' - oh please! Act like a grown-up, for God's sake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then to be so traumatised at hearing about the death of someone she didn't know that she was unable to function: anybody really wishing to audition for a place at RADA would have pitched up, regardless. I have no sympathy at all.

Yes. USE that emotion, lovey!

That picnic thing, taken in combination with the Dreary, is really vile. She sneers and mocks at middle-class people trying to be "cultured", with their bad clothes and hats. She throws in some "animal welfare" stuff to show how much more sensitive she is than mere people. She mentions again via RADAgate that unlike other middle class humans she is too sensitive for this world (shades of Julie Burchill also in the sudden worship of nasty working class cultural icons over boring nobby Shakespeare).

And then she thcweams and thcweamth until she's sick about the awful horror of being so "poor" that she might have to eat in or wear synthetics because "I want to go out!" Well you CAN'T go out Liz, not if you can't live on 20,000 nicker a month. Why the woman needs a million-plus home is anybody's guess.

Dyeing her "one dress" my arse. If I had the energy I'd check through the Dreary and find out exactly WHAT she has claimed to have in her depleted wardrobe. I do believe there's more than one "VB" and that's not counting the buttery soft separates.
  • serenity2012serenity2012 Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    We are all assuming that Liz was actually there at the concert. i know it took place local to her but it was on Friday night. she would have to work fast to submit for publication seeing as the paper will be printed late Saturday. Reasons for wondering......

It seems out of character for her not to boast about her cashmere blanket, expensive, named food and drink. Liz Jones drink "fizzy pop"-not unless it was in a sparkling wine bottle.

No comments about how she couldn't hear anything, being "profoundly deaf".

I don't know of any concert venues where you can book tickets but not have to pay until arriving at the venue, you pay online or over the phone or on arrival without having prebooked. The staff would have no reason to ask about a child ticket if she had already booked or request to know who the other party was.

There is no review of the actual performance.

As for RADAgate, no-one who wished to be an actress and was lucky enough to get an audition would be so fragile as to not turn up because someone unknown to her had died.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    August 23 2014 Dreary:

‘I am frugal! I bought one dress last year! I’ve bought nothing to wear this year and I have to go on TV and to awards dinners, etc, etc.

April 5 2014 Dreary:
    "Before anyone starts Tweeting about my profligacy, I bought just one dress in 2013, a VB* [nude bodycon, referred to often], and this will be my only purchase this year: a black VB tuxedo gown."

So that's one dress bought last year and another bought this year.

December 2013
    "I wore my Zara lingerie dress and my feather Louboutins."

So that's three dresses she owns, not one. Although perhaps the Zara doesn't count as an actual garment since it only cost about fifty quid and is polyester.

Plus, September 2013:
    "I bought a new, pale pink, slouchy Rick Owens jacket with narrow sleeves."

A garment bought a year ago.

Plus, presumably, the Prada t-shirts, the multiple skirts, the multiple tanks, the J-Crew jeans are still in the wardrobe. And you can't tell me she doesn't have old dresses, or additional non-designer ones like the Zara polyester nightie frock.
  • BellaFigaBellaFiga Posts: 1,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also didn't she admit to nicking the lacy slip frock from her recent photo shoot? Now it looked more like an underthing to me, but what do I know of fashion?

(Is that the Zara one??)
  • mivvykinsmivvykins Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Oh the inconsistencies in today's story! Jones thinks she's frugal... maybe we should introduce her to www.moneysavingexpert.com :D Remember back in March her wanting Scrace to be "groomed by Trumper's of St. James, the Royal barbers"? What's wrong with an ordinary barbers?

As for having to wear current fashion because of her appearances on tv etc, what about her telling the fake RS that she has to wear her 'statement' piece of white prada?? t-shirt, black jacket from ??? Remember that lacy skirt with the scalloped bronzey/blacky hem she wore, with those silly black high heel sandal looking shoes with the strappy crossover front that made her look like she had chunky calves. You can tell the name dropping was a waste of time on me ;-) She wore that outfit on This Morning programme with Phil and Holly and was in the Mail wearing the same outfit when she dissed Holly for still looking pregnant and other articles since.

A couple of weeks ago she wrote "Never underestimate my ability to turn a positive into a negative.."
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2713026/Liz-Joness-Diary-In-I-feel-positively-negative.html
    So she's aware that she does it, yet today's story is a true negativity-fest that Liz does so well and David was on the receiving end again.

It seems what she is is doing, is a trait that someone with Borderline Personality disorder does, and that is to push your 'beloved' away before he does it first. I wonder if she's bought the same book she gave to Nirps.. "Living with someone with Borderline Personality Disorder"? She mentioned it in one of her previous columns.
    Not that I am disrespecting anyone with BPD as it's a tough disorder to live with, emotional disregulation, black and white thinking, and some with narcissistic traits, the need to be put on a pedestal and adored.
    It's just that Liz does it in the public eye, offends many and gets away with it.

"Narcissistic Personality Disorder - Diagnostic Criteria, American Psychiatric Association

An individual diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder needs to show at least 5 of the following criteria:

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements.
    2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
    3. Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
    4. Requires excessive admiration.
    5. Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.
    6. Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.
    7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
    8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.
    9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes."
    http://www.mentalhealth.com/home/dx/narcissisticpersonality.html
    There's an interesting video clip on the page, from 6:20 onwards the Psychiatrist talks about ageing and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. If this is what Jones has, is seems she isn't going to improve, but the article goes some way to explain why she does the 'Liz Jones' thing best.

MoS must know there's something amiss, yet they allow Jones to 'bare her soul' every week in a series of badly written articles which feed into the narcissicism and make her feel superior to everyone else.

As for CollieComber's comment about Liz's 'penis knees' from the JL spread, I choked with laughter over breakfast :D

Ooh by the way, my friend's mum saw Jones at Kipling Hall, she was with her Equine Holistic Behaviourist/General assistant Nic. Friend's Mum wasn't sure what they arrived in as there were other new Land Rovers and Mercedes there. Or they might have been chauffered in be one of Liz's 3 male staff :D The apparently looked like they enjoyed themselves, so all that fretting over tickets didn't seem to last long :o
  • Mr CurmudgeonMr Curmudgeon Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Suzy_Cat wrote: »
    In which news breaks about my alleged impending bankruptcy because I PUT IT IN MY DIARY FOR PUBLICATION.

God what a ridiculous woman, I want to smack her in the face.

Please form an orderly queue ladies and gents...;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Her Ma died the other day, bless her heart. Only Sue was in attendance, so brace yourself for all sorts of lies about Jones' bedside vigil, about various 'last words', about how she's the only one who ever cared. I'm delighted the old lady is at peace and no longer has to be the butt of Jones;s crass comments, cynical exploitation and bloody ingratitude.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness.

This week she has made it quite clear to readers that she has sold all of her clothes and fashion world perks in order to support her sheep-worrying dogs, sponsored children and ailing siblings, so that told US.

Quite honestly if the woman wants to marry the baker she should ask him.

Of course losing a parent is not nice for anyone, and I feel for her on that level. Odds on a "shock" article on "why I'm glad my mother's dead by Liz Jones", that's all about the horrors of old age and dementia and not really "glad" at all, anyone?
  • nitenursenitenurse Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My best pal's father just died of pneumonia related to his dementia. She told me she's glad it's over. She has had a terrible seven years waiting for it to happen. So no mourning in that family, because the father and grandfather they knew was long gone.

She might not write an essay about it on the 'net but she and her siblings are glad it's over and they are all at peace.

Now back to la lizard, funny how the hearing dog returned after we all queried his whereabouts.

Oh, and I'm sure the baker knows she wants marriage but it's just not in his contract. He only sold his soul, not his marital status
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Sue reminded us that when we’d first moved into the rented house in Brixton, I had painted the front door a different colour, and had stood on the stepladder wearing only my T-shirt and knickers.

I’d forgotten that. I soon, having discovered David was living next door, covered up in case he didn’t like what he saw."

Now, maybe I'm misremembering here - or maybe I really don't give a flying one - but I seem to recall she painted the door in her bloomers expressly to entice the poor bugger.
  • fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »
    "Sue reminded us that when we’d first moved into the rented house in Brixton, I had painted the front door a different colour, and had stood on the stepladder wearing only my T-shirt and knickers.

I’d forgotten that. I soon, having discovered David was living next door, covered up in case he didn’t like what he saw."

Now, maybe I'm misremembering here - or maybe I really don't give a flying one - but I seem to recall she painted the door in her bloomers expressly to entice the poor bugger.

Whatever the dopey bint's motivation, it makes a bit of a mockery of her protestations of life-long body image problems and crippling shyness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to wonder - no, really, you do, you do - if they're one of the two pairs of kecks she currently claims to own, her being the epitome of frugality an' all that...
  • mivvykinsmivvykins Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    In her other 'story' today - she mentions she doesn't have any fingerprints due to having typed one million words a year (so that's the latest phrase to be repeated again and again). I would have thought she has all of them on a clipboard to copy and paste?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2738782/LIZ-JONES-I-ve-nearly-arrested-TWICE-enduring-hell-flying-Give-Knee-Defender-time-lucky.html

So she's flown to the USA "a few years ago" for a Justin Bieber interview (guffaw!) If that really happened, where's the story? Anyone remember it?