Corrie - was Audrey right to keep the money?

gboygboy Posts: 4,989
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It was a laugh-out-loud moment on Friday's Corrie when poor old Gail grabbed the £9,000, thinking it she could keep it, only for Audrey to stake her claim on the cash.

But is Audrey in the right here?

OK, it had her name on the envelope, and it was money Lewis owed her.

But 'technically' it's stolen money, and stolen from Audrey's very own dim daughter. Morally, (or even legally) is Audrey entitled to keep that cash...?

Comments

• Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed in Audrey, it was quite unlike her to not sympathise with Gail at all. A rare selfish moment.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    i think she'll give it back eventually.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't sympathise with her either. Does her utmost best to break up Audrey's relationship and then suddenly sings Lewis's praises, essentially agreeing with Audrey that he was a changed man. Then plans to take off to another country with him without a thought for the rest of the family.
  • maggiekmaggiek Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. :)
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no evidence that it was the money that Lewis stole from Gail. Lewis might have had another stash and got the 9k from there. On that basis, I think Audrey should keep it. Gail has herself to blame, trusting someone who she knows full well is a conman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aud is still angry, she'll probably give it her back once she's calmed down.

Either that or she'll give it to David & Kylie to buy Gail's house I'm thinking.

Gail deserves to stew for a while, she didn't give Aud a second thought while she was lapping up Lewis's charm.
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it was stolen from her daughter. Gail has been left with nothing, and Audrey puts the boot in even more. And I just don't get how Audrey could be happy to have that Lewis admit he loved her. I don't care what my daughter did or how foolish she was, if any man hurt her and stole from her like Lewis did, he could go to hell!
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes:)
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she was wrong to take the money. She knows Gail needs the money. At the end of the day Gail is her daughter and Lewis is a smarmy con man. She shouldn't still love him after what he did to Gail.
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    I think she was wrong to take the money. She knows Gail needs the money. At the end of the day Gail is her daughter and Lewis is a smarmy con man. She shouldn't still love him after what he did to Gail.

Then its a pity that Gail didnt think about being Audreys daughter then isnt it? and she then wouldnt have been in the predicament she is now in.
  • Superstar99Superstar99 Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gail should now inform the police that Audrey and Lewis have colluded to con her out of her money and that Lewis has given Audrey £9k back as a way of thanking her to set gail up for a fall. gail needs to play Audrey at her own game, she's happy to see gail suffer like she did when Lewis conned her but now the boot is on the other foot she is taking Gails money off her through lewis
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she should have given it to Gail, and like someone else said she probably will over time :)
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    I wouldn't sympathise with her either. Does her utmost best to break up Audrey's relationship and then suddenly sings Lewis's praises, essentially agreeing with Audrey that he was a changed man. Then plans to take off to another country with him without a thought for the rest of the family.

Agree 100% Joe !!
    Gail deserves all she gets simpering witch:mad:
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kasper69 wrote: »
    Then its a pity that Gail didnt think about being Audreys daughter then isnt it? and she then wouldnt have been in the predicament she is now in.

She only did that plan because she was worried about her mum. After all she was right all along! Lol
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,968
    Forum Member
    She was more than right. It was her duty as a mother. Gail did wrong and Audrey her mum has made sure she will have time and need to think long and hard about what she has done.
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    She only did that plan because she was worried about her mum. After all she was right all along! Lol

I wasnt talking about that " Plan". People say Audrey should think about her daughter but her daughter didnt think of the mother or her family when she was planning on dumping on them for Lewis.

As for Gail being right about Lewis what he did to her was out of revenge. He didnt try anything like that with Audrey after all.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes :)
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,968
    Forum Member
    gail should now inform the police that Audrey and Lewis have colluded to con her out of her money and that Lewis has given Audrey £9k back as a way of thanking her to set gail up for a fall. gail needs to play Audrey at her own game, she's happy to see gail suffer like she did when Lewis conned her but now the boot is on the other foot she is taking Gails money off her through lewis

What lie to the police :confused: Well she's got form for that I suppose so it would probably come easy to her. Audrey is in the right here. We don't know that the money she has received is anything to do with the money Lewis stole from Gail.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!

And I hope she won't cave in to Gail:D
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    No, it was stolen from her daughter. Gail has been left with nothing, and Audrey puts the boot in even more. And I just don't get how Audrey could be happy to have that Lewis admit he loved her. I don't care what my daughter did or how foolish she was, if any man hurt her and stole from her like Lewis did, he could go to hell!

So you wouldn't mind your daughter ruining your relationship with her meddling and then falling in love with your man ?

I'm completely with Audrey on this one. She'd been in love with Lewis for ages and was still grieving the loss of her relationship. Gail was a heartless cow to even contemplate a relationship with Lewis. If she'd cared about her mother and believed in Lewis (which she must have to fall for him) she should have been doing her utmost to repair the damage she'd done and pursuade Lewis to get back with Audrey, not try and keep him for herself.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Id like it if she gave it to david as a deposit on a place for him and kylie. I would love to see gail lose the house and end up living with nick after everything shes said about leanne! That would be great to see them arguing as gail makes herself at home much to leannes annoyance.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Id like it if she gave it to david as a deposit on a place for him and kylie. I would love to see gail lose the house and end up living with nick after everything shes said about leanne! That would be great to see them arguing as gail makes herself at home much to leannes annoyance.
    According to the spoilers, that might happen.

Feb 8th (ep 1): Also, Gail begs Nick for her job back and somewhere to live. Will Nick agree?

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/spoilers/a453743/the-police-investigate-rubys-disappearance.html#ixzz2JsPNooxh
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Feb 8th (ep 2): Also, will Nick invite Gail to move in with him and Leanne?

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/spoilers/a453742/kirsty-is-stunned-by-rubys-disappearance.html#ixzz2JsPAsS8E
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you wouldn't mind your daughter ruining your relationship with her meddling and then falling in love with your man ?

I'm completely with Audrey on this one. She'd been in love with Lewis for ages and was still grieving the loss of her relationship. Gail was a heartless cow to even contemplate a relationship with Lewis. If she'd cared about her mother and believed in Lewis (which she must have to fall for him) she should have been doing her utmost to repair the damage she'd done and pursuade Lewis to get back with Audrey, not try and keep him for herself.

Of course I would mind, but if I saw him then turn on my daughter (whom I would love unconditionally) and destroy her life then he would be dead to me. I would forgive my daughter.
  • ParoFlameParoFlame Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved that scene :D

I wouldn't say Audrey was right or wrong to take the money but I think she will give it to Gail at some point.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bib - you don't have to believe in someone to fall for them. Several years ago a member of my family fell for someone she knew was a baddun but she couldn't help it. They were together about 2 years. Someone once said to me 'You can't help who you fall in love with' and it's true.