Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    Fantastic picture of Louisa here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200849149607156&set=a.1658376935406.2094481.1116612274&type=1&theate

again, apologies to those of you who can't see it. She looks smashing.

Thanks again NewPark

That one opened up for me too

She does indeed look smashing :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »
    Thanks again NewPark

And there's Sally Tishell in a chair off to the right. YAY :) !
  • lemsterlemster Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    It is interesting that the fans seem to be able to get much better access to the crew/filming in the last few weeks compared to April and Early May. Glad for it.
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »
    Thanks again NewPark

There's a consensus that those are CC's after-work clothes, and that's she's being picked up to be driven home.
  • Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking at the notice someone had posted and it seems they will be spending all next week filming at Bert's Restaurant and Port Gaverne with a few hours filming in the Golden Lion. Sounds like a lot of action at those two locations.
  • mazziebluemazzieblue Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Joe Geary?
    Originally Posted by ImNeverBusy View Post
    I came back from PI on Sunday night. Didn't manage to get any 'spoiler' type info I'm affraid. As MC had been ill the week before a lot of filming was rescheduled and this enabled a few of the actors to go home for half term. Towards the end of the week they all seemed to be back in PI. I saw CC on Friday night on the Platt and she was wearing the red scarf so the FB photos are CC and not LG !!! I did discover that Nigel (can't remember his surname) is directing all episodes in this series and Joe (can't remember is surname either), the assistant director is no longer in PI. When I asked a few people where he was they were a bit evassive but said he probably would not be coming back. Has there been a some artistic differences ??
    Shop Girl - The location of the scene with Al carrying the sink I'm pretty sure is in Middle Street but will check for sure the next time I am there in about 6 weeks.

There were 2 first ADs when i was there. Joe, a Scottish guy named Stewart and there was another one due "later". they split their duties the same way they did when there were more directors. Perhaps Joe did the early episodes and the other do later ones. They may have been evasive because he would come back for a Christmas special...if they do a Christmas special...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching S5 ep2.

Would love your thoughts....

The scene where AR rushes to DM & hugs him. After they separate, he walks away complaining of regurgitated breastmilk. AR gets a look & a smirk on her face. Then she walks towards DM.

What's your thoughts on the look on her face?

To me she looks pleased...very pleased...not because she just found out she isn't dying anymore but I think because she got to hold/hug DM. Both stayed in that embraced for a long time in DM's world - neither of them trying to pull away immediately. dM didn't look awkward like he did with AJ, until he felt he had to beak the uncomfortable silence between them by complaining about the smell on the surgery.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    **Greta** wrote: »
    Just watching S5 ep2.

The scene where AR rushes to DM & hugs him. After they separate, he walks away complaining of regurgitated breastmilk. AR gets a look & a smirk on her face. Then she walks towards DM.

To me she looks pleased...very pleased...not because she just found out she isn't dying anymore but I think because she got to hold/hug DM. Both stayed in that embraced for a long time in DM's world - neither of them trying to pull away immediately. dM didn't look awkward like he did with AJ, until he felt he had to beak the uncomfortable silence between them by complaining about the smell on the surgery.

Greta, I think you are right that AR was both relieved and pleased to have a chance to be close to DM.

I have thought that DM had become a bit emotional and that is why he clears his throat and make the comment about regurgitated breast milk as an excuse for why his throat is clogged.
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching S5 ep2.

Kudos again (I previously acknowledged this scene in Thread 14) to Eileen Atkins who nailed the role of AR right there in that scene. For me, when DM tells AR that she does not have lupus remains one of the great acting scenes of S5. These two top actors playing against each other, the dialogue, the facial expressions, shows the top professionals that they are on British tv.
  • dcdmfandcdmfan Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching S5 ep2.

I think he was also relieved that she wasn't sick. Probably didn't want to lose another aunt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a consensus that those are CC's after-work clothes, and that's she's being picked up to be driven home.

Yes, agree :yawn:

The beautiful CC is def in mufti

:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Fan Fiction -
    I did mosy over to the FF site (NOT from the link on DMO - that does not work) and did see that there are quite a few new works and some updates. Did not stop to read but was encouraged that there may be more depending on S6.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemster wrote: »

Thanks, lemster. What a cutie pie!

I had to play around with the math a bit. He started filming in early March. He's currently 9 months old and is wrapping up his part in the filming. So in early March he was 6 mos, then 7 mos in April, 8 mos in May.

This tells me we've definitely got some somewhat significant time passing, even PW time, in S6.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmbesotted wrote: »
    Fan Fiction -
    I did mosy over to the FF site (NOT from the link on DMO - that does not work) and did see that there are quite a few new works and some updates. Did not stop to read but was encouraged that there may be more depending on S6.

I've enjoyed Rob's contributions, and also am waiting for Declan5 to resolve his/her story, Resolutions. She/he has hinted at a happy ending, hope that happens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching S5 ep2.

I think in general he interacts quite differently with AR than with AJ. i would hesitate to say that he's fonder of AR, but I think he treats her more as an equal. AJ and he were more of a mother/grown son relationship.

I don't quite know why he's shown as so fond of AR when she was introduced as someone he spoke to once a year at Christmas, but evidently he is fond of her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More new filming photos at the FB Doc Martin fan page. I won't link to just one photo or set of photos because there are quite a few, including several of CC definitely as LG, and one in which LG and Mrs. T are having a conversation. I would love to know what's up in that one!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DocMartin/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Thanks, lemster. What a cutie pie!

I had to play around with the math a bit. He started filming in early March. He's currently 9 months old and is wrapping up his part in the filming. So in early March he was 6 mos, then 7 mos in April, 8 mos in May.

This tells me we've definitely got some somewhat significant time passing, even PW time, in S6.

Didn't they ask for babies of age 2-6 months, starting filming in March? or maybe 3-6 months?

I'm hoping that less, rather than more, time has elapsed since the castle scene. Then let it move on at whatever pace seems best!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think in general he interacts quite differently with AR than with AJ. i would hesitate to say that he's fonder of AR, but I think he treats her more as an equal. AJ and he were more of a mother/grown son relationship.

I don't quite know why he's shown as so fond of AR when she was introduced as someone he spoke to once a year at Christmas, but evidently he is fond of her.

I think it's because Doc has decided he's done with his parents once and for all. Aunt Joan died, and even though he has Louisa and James Henry, his family is dwindling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Found some more filming pics on facebook. Looks like Louisa is squaring up to you know who.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151465915242636&set=a.10150263015107636.330653.612452635&type=1&theater

I like that she is carrying two bags :-) don't know why, she looks busy. :p
  • dcdmfandcdmfan Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found some more filming pics on facebook. Looks like Louisa is squaring up to you know who.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151465915242636&set=a.10150263015107636.330653.612452635&type=1&theater

I like that she is carrying two bags :-) don't know why, she looks busy. :p

It seems like the white haired man in front of and to the right of Louisa has been in several photos. Does anyone know who he is?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems like the white haired man in front of and to the right of Louisa has been in several photos. Does anyone know who he is?

He seems to always have antennas and a base station in hand. He probaly does the tech work for wireless microphones.
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ReneeBird wrote: »
    I think it's because Doc has decided he's done with his parents once and for all. Aunt Joan died, and even though he has Louisa and James Henry, his family is dwindling.

Interesting topic!

DM was done with his parents awhile ago. And good riddance! :)

Remember, that AJ got very cranky, and even obnoxious at times in the later series. She screamed at DM as much as offered friendly, motherly advice. She was nearly always impatient or upset about something. We saw her collapse from high blood pressure and that finally did her in at a relatively early age.

AR is a very different person than her deceased sister. She is much more intellectual than emotional; she is also more accepting and non-judgmental. She is more equal in education and profession with DM than was AJ the farmer. AR is not overly sensitive or reactive, but still does love and need friendship and affection, much like DM. She has common sense, a rational way of analyzing situations, and a complete understanding of the damage their parents/grandparents did to them both.

AJ offered a loving reprieve from his nightmarish parents when he was a child, and some emotional support early on in his living in PW, but she grew difficult as a person. AR offers a relationship which is steady, supportive, scientific, even, and tolerant of who he is. It's the kind of relationship DM needs at this time in his life, I think, to balance his chaotic love relationship with LG. A port, so to speak, in his LG storm. :)

I think that's why he has so quickly bonded with her.
  • SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed Rob's contributions, and also am waiting for Declan5 to resolve his/her story, Resolutions. She/he has hinted at a happy ending, hope that happens.

Ditto to all.:)
This discussion has been closed.