Options

Sorry.. But Kevin and Susanna are not very good !

Comments

• Options
    Mood IndigoMood Indigo Posts: 4,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange thing is, I quite liked Susanna on breakfast, but find her cloying on SCD and the dancing…well for the most part is a bit drunk auntie at wedding. I think Kevin is part of the problem too. I find his dancing too hectic and manic. Their AT….that was an egregious example of bad dancing.

Having said that, of course she will win.

Fast forward a few months and Suze will have shown BBC Breakfast a clean pair of kitten heels and ditched her weekly saver rail ticket to Manchester for pastures new.

Expect to see "Escape to the Homes Under the Antiques Hammer Road Show" with Susanna Reid on BBC daytime.

Late Afternoon test your general knowledge and join Susanna Reid for another edition of "Only Eggheads Pointless Challenge".

Tune in after Eastenders for another hard hitting edition of "The Crime Watch Dog Show" where hard hitting consumer champion slash hard hitting investigative journalist slash hard hitting vigilante Susanna Reid, tackles hard hitting crime and your faulty dishwashers.

Whilst on BBC2 in Gardener's World. Susanna Reid teaches you how to create a herbaceous border whilst wearing Latin shoes.

And then the self same people who are loving her on here, will be complaining in the TV forum that the woman is everywhere….c'est la vie.
  • Options
    Becky_BBecky_B Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I admit i came into this not expecting to like her, as i find her and Bill Turnbull extremely difficult to watch.

So much so, that i only really watch Breakfast now when Louise and Charlie present.

SCD has not made her any easier to watch.
  • Options
    captainerikabeecaptainerikabee Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    I totally disagree with the majority on here. Maybe not so much with the dancing, some have been awful but some have been great. I love her personality, and having come from a media background I find her far more genuine than a few of the others.

That said, I'm not taking it as written that she'll win, but I hope she does, and I have since week one!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    If the voting figures released were true then Kevin and Susanna are very, very good...

At entertaining the public enough for them to want to see more.

It's an entertainment show about learning to dance not a dance competition.
  • Options
    davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sofajudge wrote: »
    It's an entertainment show about learning to dance not a dance competition.

Judging by that Salsa she's still got a lot to learn.
  • Options
    nedtheatomicnedtheatomic Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Who cares about the technique if folk enjoy it and they seem to in their thousands.

Better dancers in my opinion and the total OTT gang show enthusiasm of it all makes my flesh creep.

Just when you think it couldn't get any worse, Susanna starts shaking her maracas during the Tess interview, for the love of God turn the volume down please.
  • Options
    sradiasradia Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Susannah and Kevin, I can see the faults; Kevin in his enthusiasm needs to tone done his dancing on occasion, Susannah does at times dance like a drunken Auntie at a wedding, she does some 'interesting' facial expressions during her dancs. I know all this, but every time she is on the dance floor she makes me smile (with the exception of the A.T.)

I find her obvious joy of dance infectious, I understand from reading the thread that many think she is fake etc. but I don't get that I just see somebody really enjoying it. I know she is not the best dancer left in the competition, but if she makes the final and actually wins it, I'm not going to vilify her because the public voted for her, it's an entertainment show and rarely does the best dancer win.
  • Options
    differentdrumdifferentdrum Posts: 3,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why people are assuming Susanna is fake in terms of her enjoyment and involvement with dancing. I see it as genuine and so does everyone I know. If she's been getting through every week so far, without being in the bottom 2 once, she must be doing something right. Even if so many people on here seem to absolutely detest her.

Almost certainly a reflection of exposure and the gullibility of the public. Perhaps those watching can 'associate' themselves more with her than any of the others - mother in her 40's battling against the odds. You would seriously wonder about anyone voting for her based on either dancing prowess or some sort of likeability factor.

In a way she has been the only one on a 'journey'. Unfortunately, that appears to have been to become even more annoying every week.

As I said it has been a dire series and it seems very likely she will be crowned the worst winner ever. Rather than celebrating a 'home' victory the BBC should be embarassed.
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    Almost certainly a reflection of exposure and the gullibility of the public. Perhaps those watching can 'associate' themselves more with her than any of the others - mother in her 40's battling against the odds. You would seriously wonder about anyone voting for her based on either dancing prowess or some sort of likeability factor.

In a way she has been the only one on a 'journey'. Unfortunately, that appears to have been to become even more annoying every week.

As I said it has been a dire series and it seems very likely she will be crowned the worst winner ever. Rather than celebrating a 'home' victory the BBC should be embarassed.

the forum equivalent of a sylvia plath poem. only without the poetry bit.

cheer up, it might never happen. :D
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As I said it has been a dire series and it seems very likely she will be crowned the worst winner ever. Rather than celebrating a 'home' victory the BBC should be embarassed.[/QUOTE]

I find her very annoying.
  • Options
    nedtheatomicnedtheatomic Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    sradia wrote: »
    I really like Susannah and Kevin, I can see the faults; Kevin in his enthusiasm needs to tone done his dancing on occasion, Susannah does at times dance like a drunken Auntie at a wedding, she does some 'interesting' facial expressions during her dancs. I know all this, but every time she is on the dance floor she makes me smile (with the exception of the A.T.)

I find her obvious joy of dance infectious, I understand from reading the thread that many think she is fake etc. but I don't get that I just see somebody really enjoying it. I know she is not the best dancer left in the competition, but if she makes the final and actually wins it, I'm not going to vilify her because the public voted for her, it's an entertainment show and rarely does the best dancer win.

Your view is shared by many many more I know and so fair enough not trying to antagonise the pro group, I am just a grump but she ain't for me
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree I hope when she wins she has decency to say I am not the best dancer but thanks anyway.

A very Hollow victory imo.
  • Options
    MinstrelgirlMinstrelgirl Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange thing is, I quite liked Susanna on breakfast, but find her cloying on SCD and the dancing…well for the most part is a bit drunk auntie at wedding. I think Kevin is part of the problem too. I find his dancing too hectic and manic. Their AT….that was an egregious example of bad dancing.

Having said that, of course she will win.

Fast forward a few months and Suze will have shown BBC Breakfast a clean pair of kitten heels and ditched her weekly saver rail ticket to Manchester for pastures new.

Expect to see "Escape to the Homes Under the Antiques Hammer Road Show" with Susanna Reid on BBC daytime.

Late Afternoon test your general knowledge and join Susanna Reid for another edition of "Only Eggheads Pointless Challenge".

Tune in after Eastenders for another hard hitting edition of "The Crime Watch Dog Show" where hard hitting consumer champion slash hard hitting investigative journalist slash hard hitting vigilante Susanna Reid, tackles hard hitting crime and your faulty dishwashers.

Whilst on BBC2 in Gardener's World. Susanna Reid teaches you how to create a herbaceous border whilst wearing Latin shoes.

And then the self same people who are loving her on here, will be complaining in the TV forum that the woman is everywhere….c'est la vie.

:D:D:D I think you are spot on!
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Susannah, and for me her PD is still the highlight of the series to date, but that second dance (can't remember if it was Samba or Salsa, damn sherry!) was terrible, compared to everyone else's overall standard for the night (including S&K's own first dance). It really shouldn't have got more than a 6 (Craig Dahling) and 7's.

The right couples are in the bottom 2 and whilst I would prefer to see Susannah and Kevin ('s bottom) stay, as I think Patrick has been constantly over-hyped and over-marked, either one of them could justifiably not make the final.
  • Options
    mwig5mwig5 Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I like them
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you get a dish of complimentary sour grapes when entering this thread because there are quite a few on show!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Of course she will win and of course it will be a travesty. This program has become an absolute joke and a haven for z list celebs. But the only ones who can be blamed are you and I. This whole web voting thing has made it even more of a joke. If it cost £2 to vote then maybe the people who vote 5 or 6 times the same evening to keep a contestant in the competition would think twice.
  • Options
    millie3millie3 Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course she will win and of course it will be a travesty. This program has become an absolute joke and a haven for z list celebs. But the only ones who can be blamed are you and I. This whole web voting thing has made it even more of a joke. If it cost £2 to vote then maybe the people who vote 5 or 6 times the same evening to keep a contestant in the competition would think twice.

Stop watching then. Always remember you have a choice.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her foxtrot was excellent and I admire her having the short dress that didn't hide her footwork. The salsa was enthusiastic (which I always appreciate rather than those who hold back) but definitely lacked control and was marked accordingly in comparison to the others.

The winner is purely decided by public vote and therefore whoever gets it then it is totally fair. That always has been the show. And she'd hardly be the worst dancer to ever win! If she were to do her paso and waltz next week then dance talent wise she'd be right up there.
  • Options
    notsolonely153notsolonely153 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They had amazing music for their foxtrot, and wasted it.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You would seriously wonder about anyone voting for her based on either dancing prowess or some sort of likeability factor.

Because, God forbid, anyone could have a different opinion to you eh?
    claire2281 wrote: »
    Her foxtrot was excellent and I admire her having the short dress that didn't hide her footwork. The salsa was enthusiastic (which I always appreciate rather than those who hold back) but definitely lacked control and was marked accordingly in comparison to the others.

The winner is purely decided by public vote and therefore whoever gets it then it is totally fair. That always has been the show. And she'd hardly be the worst dancer to ever win! If she were to do her paso and waltz next week then dance talent wise she'd be right up there.

And, once again, we're in agreement Claire.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you get a dish of complimentary sour grapes when entering this thread because there are quite a few on show!

Fantastic :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also agree with Claire's comments. :). Not clear why people think that Susanna's foxtrot was lacking technique. It is a very difficult dance and she coped with it well and she has quite a nice posture. I would have liked a more elegant theme and dress. Salsa was never going to be her dance but she made a good effort.
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought her dances were a mixed bag last night - the first one was lovely and I couldn't see anything wrong with it at all. The second one was sloppy and messy. I don't think she should win, but if she gets the most votes then that's how it works.

Also, I don't see why people think she's being kept in because she's a BBC employee. It's the public who vote, so unless we all work for the BBC how are they keeping her in?
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even the Andrew Marr show had a Susanna news story during the paper review. :D