connecting to o2 through pc

DickibobboyDickibobboy Posts: 2,033
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i am going away for a bit and would like to connect to the internet using my mobile phone(d900) i am on o2 payandgo. I have the option in samsung pc studio 3 to connect to the internet and it has all the settings there for o2 uk, just asks for username and password which i thought was payandgo and password. When i click connect it goes past dialing - - username and password but then when it gets to registering your computer on the network it comes up with an error.

Can anyone help me please i need a quick reply if possible i am going today.

Thank You

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    ...and the error is?
  • prkingprking Posts: 9,791
    Forum Member
    You can't easily do this on O2 pay and go, as officially mobile internet is only available to contract customers. The gateway will not allow internet connections on pay as you go.
    To get around this, if your software supports it you can set a proxy server (try 113.193.200.195 port 8080)
  • DickibobboyDickibobboy Posts: 2,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1631/o2js7.png

I have tried the dns 113.193.200.195 and still nothing. i am not sure where to put port 8080. I can use the normal windows connection wizard to set it up.

Thankyou
    Forum Member
    Another solution is to use your phone as a dial-up modem. You will be limited to 9600baud and will cost 15p a minute.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    okay. thankyou. .how can i do this. will come in handy sometimes. i am going to look at networks and plans for paymonthly and a cap on the bill. Im sure orange do a deal for unlimited mb of wap for £1 for a day.....
    Forum Member
    You will need a dial-up account with an ISP. Then setup the connection as usual but selecting the modem in your phone. The samsung software should have installed a modem on your system.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well, i have borrowed a friends phone tonight... hoping the cost is not going to be hughe, will only use it now and again for messenger. i have also disabled images video and audio in ie so that will help.
    Forum Member
    If you want to use messenger you can access it on your phone via the MSN/Windows Live wap site.
    You have to check to see if someone has sent a message, but apart from that its ok.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know about that i use it from time to time, but not very practicle. this is fine, not looking towards the bill though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know about that i use it from time to time, but not very practicle. this is fine, not looking towards the bill though