Calvin Harris

Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What are complete prat he is being over his split with Rita Ora. She was due to do a live performance of " I will never let you down" which she spent a month in rehearsal and spent her own money on the performance only for Harris to block the performance right before she was due to go on stage. He owns the rights to the song and all ,live performances of songs need permission from song writer to go ahead.

I just cant help thinking what has he gained by blocking the performance? He has surely lost out on Money for as start and has made himself look like a kid having a tantrum .

Do you think he was right to block the performance and if so on what grounds or has he made himself look like a prat?

Comments

• kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's difficult to judge without knowing the full story. She could have done something really bad to him behind the scenes. In which case I think it's kind of understandable that he would want to get his own back (if a little unprofessional).

On the other hand, she could be completely innocent and he's just being an idiot. Who knows.
  • Steve_HarrimanSteve_Harriman Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even she has done something bad to upset him it is totally unprofessional and not the way to act in the music business?
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    It's very easy for people to judge him & for Rita to play the innocent act....however there are two sides to a story & Rita Ora has a TERRIBLE reputation for sleeping her way to the middle & using people to get to where she is now. I honestly believe Calvin was another stepping stone for her (and it got her a #1 single) but maybe karma has come back to bite her in the backside.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    It's very easy for people to judge him & for Rita to play the innocent act....however there are two sides to a story & Rita Ora has a TERRIBLE reputation for sleeping her way to the middle & using people to get to where she is now. I honestly believe Calvin was another stepping stone for her (and it got her a #1 single) but maybe karma has come back to bite her in the backside.

Even so he isn't painting himself in a very good light is he? He is basically saying you upset me and I will throw my toys out of the pram. He has a musical reputation to look after and doing things like that can only paint him in a bad light
  • qwerty_1234qwerty_1234 Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think Calvin seems like a nice and decent guy - he's written plenty of songs before. I don't think he would do this for no reason.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this story definitely true?
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think Calvin seems like a nice and decent guy - he's written plenty of songs before. I don't think he would do this for no reason.

Yeah Calvin has shown time and again that he will support artists that he likes and help them out. Look at Ayah Marar, Dizzee Rascal, Example etc. Calvin has had a hand in their successes and helped them out even more by putting them on his latest album as well.

Obviously we don't know the whole story here, but Calvin was quite clearly provoked, and if this Rita Ora has done to him what she has done to her exes, then I can't say I blame him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Is this story definitely true?

She talks more about it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6xwhCREA94
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard he's a very nice guy in general, so I imagine he had his reasons.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (If the rumours are true.....)

If a gf of mine cheated on me and slept with someone behind my back, i'd do the exact same thing! Good on him i say! Unprofessional yes but revenge is a dish best served cold.

She doesn't have a reputation for no reason.
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    She talks more about it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6xwhCREA94

At the start of the interview she claims she wrote it with him then she goes on to say he wrote??? I have seen interviews where she claims to have written the song like this one with no mention of Calvin so she is literally taking credit for something he made, i'd be pretty angry with her for that reason alone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly, it wasn't just before she went out on stage..... facts, get them right.

Seeing as this has happened and he's blocked more songs that were meant for her new album.... maybe the stories of her being a slag are true. I mean, she's not the best singer in the world, not the greatest looking (not saying she's not nice) and apparently isn't even that great of a writer if she's taking credit for a song Calvin wrote, so maybe she really has been sleeping her way to the top. She doesn't come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer after all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, it wasn't just before she went out on stage..... facts, get them right

it was on the same day so yes just before she was due on stage
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the start of the interview she claims she wrote it with him then she goes on to say he wrote??? I have seen interviews where she claims to have written the song like this one with no mention of Calvin so she is literally taking credit for something he made, i'd be pretty angry with her for that reason alone

This reminds me of the time she claimed she was offered and turned down Call My Name and then Calvin publically announced she was lying. Pretty embarassing for her.
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a gossip forum for this nonsense? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    This reminds me of the time she claimed she was offered and turned down Call My Name and then Calvin publically announced she was lying. Pretty embarassing for her.

Or this: http://www.heatworld.com/Festivals/2013/08/Calvin-Harris-Rita-Ora-doesnt-like-my-music/

She told him she didn't like his music, then a few months later they did several songs together. Seems weird to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RikScot wrote: »
    Is there a gossip forum for this nonsense? ;-)

Not gossip at all .

if you took the time and watched the links Peeps have posted on this thread I think you will find it is very much true
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firstly, it wasn't just before she went out on stage..... facts, get them right

it was on the same day so yes just before she was due on stage

Erm, no. It should have been obvious before that day he had no intention of giving his permission.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well clearly it wasn't was it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not gossip at all .

if you took the time and watched the links Peeps have posted on this thread I think you will find it is very much true

I meant...is there a 'celeb nonsense' forum as opposed to a 'music'one :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RikScot wrote: »
    I meant...is there a 'celeb nonsense' forum as opposed to a 'music'one :)

oh ok but Kelvin and Rita are both pop stars?? so its in the right forum isn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh ok but Kelvin and Rita are both pop stars?? so its in the right forum isn't it?

Barely...it's right up there with Phil Collins dumping his missus by fax ;-)