TAR Season 17 Episode 10

javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
Forum Member
✭✭
I was so excited about this leg as I've actually been around to some of these places xD

Overall it was a ok episode I guess. Too much Nick and his tantrums though!

Glad both female teams are still in, hope they both are here next week aswell :D Eating challenege looked quite fun to me tbh :o I dunno how Brooke thought it was a karaoke challenge besides from the singers as even JT were infront of them eating...

Want Nick out. I hope the '16/18hour' gap between them puts them damn behind. I'm going to assume that their will be more than 1flight to North Korea even on select airlines...

My thoughts on Hong Kong - the airport isn't that confusing to find the bus stop! Its basically out of departures then straight then a little right. xD Though getting the buses is another thing, but I assume its a direct bus to the ferry. And if the ferry is where I think it is then its quite weirdly situated - its in a shopping centre/hotel area. And you def do not want taxis in HK to go faster - they are crazy and I'm not kidding! Um, other than that, other things I picked up on were that the Aberdeen Harbour bit where the detour was is huge!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew it was a non-elimination anyway, but I'm very happy that Nat & Kat got another 1st, yay! Hope they can keep it up until the last leg!!

I quite like Vicki, she seems nice but Nick is just plain nasty. I can't see them getting back from a 6 hour and speed bump disadvantage... but then again Chad & Steph managed a 1st when they overslept so you never know.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked this leg a lot, but then i always love a good eating challenge! Nat and Kat were very impressive this leg, they are still my tip to take the title.

Felt quite sorry for Claire, as I felt that Brook could have been more supportive of her, tbh. I really like them as a team but Brook let herself down a bit there i thought.

Jill and Thomas remain strong but not terribly interesting to watch.

Nick's inner asshole came out to play again after he had kept it in check for so long, think him and Vicki are well and truly screwed next leg though, which does have the potential to make for a predictable leg next up. However i would like to know when the penalty for not doing the detour was reduced to six hours from twenty four and what bought this about!
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, I can't see how Nick and Vicki can recover from that time difference and a Speed Bump, unless there is a massive bunch up point.

Its great to see two all female teams performing so well, still have fingers crossed that one of them will win it all. :)
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping it would be an elimination leg and Nick & Vicky would go, I don't like to see quitters get anywhere on the race and the way Nick kept wanting to throw away challenges was pathetic.

Brook & Clare are the team I am wanting to win the most.
  • AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 6 hours probably won't matter. 5 minutes into the episode they'll probably be blocked by something that resets the gap between teams, as usual.

This was the worst time for a non-elimination leg ever. Nick deserved to go home.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anachrony wrote: »
    The 6 hours probably won't matter. 5 minutes into the episode they'll probably be blocked by something that resets the gap between teams, as usual.

i don't think so, even if they catch up some lost ground they still have a speed bump. They are toast.
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they don't catch up... I want Nick out :o
  • CwejCwej Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really am torn. I love Vicki - I love her spirit, I love her self-deprecating humour, I think she's a really good contestant. But Nick really was HORRIBLE this episode - worse than Chad was on any single episode this series. When he was being nasty because she had asthma he really went over the line for me.

So pleased to see Nat & Kat take the leg... I still have a horrible feeling it's going to be a Jill & Thomas win, but Nat & Kat have been an exceptional team throughout I have to say.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An OK episode. I wish they'd rethink the roadblocks etc, it hasn't evolved in the same way as Survivor. After watching the first 12 seasons it's getting a bit repetitive.

But I also watch it to see the team dynamics. I find myself wanting to shake Vicky and tell her to ditch her moronic excuse for a man asap. She really doesn't deserve to be treated like that. He's atotal jerk. :mad:

Still loving the two girl teams. I like them both so one of them for the win, please.

I think unless they have considerable luck that Nick and Vicky are going to be eliminated next leg. Nick had so totally given up this week he doesn't deserve to be in the final 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    I wish they'd rethink the roadblocks etc, it hasn't evolved in the same way as Survivor. After watching the first 12 seasons it's getting a bit repetitive..

the show has definitely evolved quite a bit down the years, but i think they are wise not to veer away from the basic roadblock/detour formate, for me Survivor has changed too much down the years from what it once was, tbh. If you change things too much you risk losing the core appeal the show has.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah I didn't realise there was an amazing race forum!

I'm loving Nat and Kat so much. Hope they go on to victory. If not them Brooke and Claire.

Not keen on Jill and Thomas.

I'm torn on the other team. I think Vikki is sooooo nice but Nick is a total ass to her. Hope she chucks him :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Loved this episode have now watched twice.

Felt so bad for Vicki, Nick was such a jerk this week after she overcame that horrific roadblock and then he just gave up on her on the detour.

Really feel they have no chance whatsoever next week, they must be 10 hours plus behind some of the teams, they need some major bunching right at the start to give them any chance.

Loving Brook and Claire such an awesome team with so much charisma, i see Mirna and Charla in them so much. Charla/Claire seems to do all the difficult roadblocks for their dominant teammate, "Run Charla" seems to be becoming "Run Claire".

Surely this is the year one of the all female teams and would be very happy with either. Roll on next week, speed skating looks awesome and driving close to North Korea takes me back to TAR4 :D.

One of my fave seasons in such a long time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah I didn't realise there was an amazing race forum!

I'm loving Nat and Kat so much. Hope they go on to victory. If not them Brooke and Claire.

Not keen on Jill and Thomas.

I'm torn on the other team. I think Vikki is sooooo nice but Nick is a total ass to her. Hope she chucks him :mad:

A fellow Nat & Kat fan, yay! :D
    You have completely the same opinions on the teams as I do!