Options

Royal Mails 'Something for You' card

javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
Forum Member
✭✭
I know we have a few threads loosely on Royal Mail and delivery cards. But I was just wondering if anyone else has had these seemingly new cards through their door before. They're called 'Something for you' cards and looks exactly like the 'Sorry you were out cards' I'm wondering if they've just replaced them all so it sounds better...

I just buzzed the postie into the building, waited by the door (I looked through the peephole) and then one of these cards came through. Thinking it was a 'Sorry you were out card' just straight away opened the door and glared at him. He saw then scurried away!

I thought the point in mail companies was to deliver to you not for you to pick them up at a sorting office. It's a small package and I don't see why they can't just add it to one of those vans that deliver them rather than give it to the potties to (not)carry.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Not had one of those but had the sorry you was out card a fair few times even when i have been in, our postie seems to just prefer to pop 1 of them through the letter box rarther than actually knocking:mad:
  • Options
    javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think near enough everyone will have experienced one of those before.

I mean what annoys me is that that's their job... to deliver post/mail to people but clearly they don't... I'll have to pick this up - which is not an issue in a sense as its not urgent this particular time - but its the principle...

Wonder if they have either phased out the 'sorry you were out cards' and replaced them with these new ones or are using both. Maybe they're not new at all and I'm just late to notice. I mean from a companies standpoint 'Something for you' pretty much covers both and lets face it with all the posties who do the 'chap *1 second later* card' technique(:rolleyes:) I wouldn't be surprised if they just started issuing these cards.

Brings me back to a card I got a few months ago and went online to get it redelivered for a particular day. Didn't arrive on that day so went into the office later that day after 6(they were on extended opening hours until 8pm) to collect it as clearly they couldn't be bothered to deliver on the stated day. They couldn't find it. Next day they got a normal mailman to deliver it. Now this was a much larger package than todays - about 4 times as big...