Options

Nicole Scherzinger - Boomerang

Comments

• Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    This is at #6/#7 on iTunes right now I think, well done to Nicole, I reckon it will be another top 10 single for her despite the lack of radio airplay.

Killer Love went so well, she landed 3 top 3 singles in a row and a top 10 album, so I hope that Boomerang can possibly push into the top 5. She has an incredible voice and clearly worked hard on the X Factor, I like the song. :)

Yes she's worked really hard, it's a shame the track is no where to be seen in the top 100 airplay chart could have given that extra push for number 1. I think Capital and Radio 1 are kicking themselves right now.

With the right amount of airplay Nicole could have a great career over here. :)

With both versions combined it's top 5 at the moment...:)
  • Options
    maddiesdoormaddiesdoor Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #6 :d
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Up to 6, and the gap between 6-3 is so close! I think she could do it.

With both versions combined #6 + #34 she is at 3! We still have the BigTop40 coming up in the afternoon which Capital plays the top 10 tracks from live iTunes, so that'll hopefully keep the track climbing and Daybreak tomorrow...

I had my doubts the track would flop but I'm so pleased to see it doing so well.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    Up to 6, and the gap between 6-3 is so close! I think she could do it.

With both versions combined #6 + #34 she is at 3! We still have the BigTop40 coming up in the afternoon which Capital plays the top 10 tracks from live iTunes, so that'll hopefully keep the track climbing and Daybreak tomorrow...

I had my doubts the track would flop but I'm so pleased to see it doing so well.

I don't get why radio aren't playing it though? Its a radio friendly song and she has become really popular herself. Strange :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    I don't get why radio aren't playing it though? Its a radio friendly song and she has become really popular herself. Strange :confused:

Exactly! The public love her and R1 and Capital premiered the track too, just doesn't add up :confused:

Some album news;
    In a recent interview with MailOnline, Nicole said of the upcoming record: 'I'm still working on the album, it's always a work in process. But for the most part, a lot of the stuff I have recorded so far is like really big dance anthems - really energetic, motivating, inspiring and fun songs.
    'They are good to work out to. I've done some stuff with will.i.am, who executive produced the album, and I've been in the studio with Toby Gad - we did some more mid-tempo earnest heartbreak songs.
    'And I've worked with Dallas Austin, I was just in the studio with Afro Jack so it's going to be a good mixture.'
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is she now? Big fan of Nicole but not sure this has #1 material written all over it like Don't Hold Your Breath.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dory353 wrote: »
    Where is she now? Big fan of Nicole but not sure this has #1 material written all over it like Don't Hold Your Breath.

She's at 3
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

she`s at #3 and #33 at the moment on itunes.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, I never expected for it to do this well once it became clear radio were not going to support her. Shame radio won't support her as it is clear she would do well if they would.

Hopefully it can stick around, though with little promo for the rest of the week it will be hard I think, it is already fallen on Irish Itunes two days after release.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Never expected her to reach top 3 on itunes!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never expected her to reach top 3 on itunes!

Why was nobody expecting her to not to go top 3? Is it purely because of the lack of airplay? She had 3 consecutive top 3 hits from her debut album so I should hope she can match this success with Boomerang :eek:
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why was nobody expecting her to not to go top 3? Is it purely because of the lack of airplay? She had 3 consecutive top 3 hits from her debut album so I should hope she can match this success with Boomerang :eek:

That was largely thanks to strong radio support and performances. Boomerang has not been promoted that much and it has been largely ignored, so the odds were against it. But ironically she has "come back around" and scored a top 3 on iTunes, so well done to her imo. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do people mean when they say "both tracks are on I tunes?" what 2 tracks??
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »
    What do people mean when they say "both tracks are on I tunes?" what 2 tracks??

some people are buying the single and other people are buying the single from the ep, but they are both the same song. that is why she is currently #3 and #31 on the itunes chart.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    With both versions added she is at 1...:cry: Scherzy is so strong, hopefully Daybreak increases the sales and gived the track a bit of stability

Do you think Radio will jump on the bandwagon now?
  • Options
    SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Done to her.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe this is getting barely any airplay. Happy for her that it's doing so well without it though. Loved her performance on Jonathan Ross, and her interview was great too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Daybreak her only promo today? Wondered if she was on This Morning or Loose Women at all. She's performed it quite a few times now! :)
  • Options
    87Ben87Ben Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a464715/nicole-scherzingers-boomerang-storms-itunes-chart.html

I think its promising I really hope the song does well I like Nicole she is a great singer and great performer, I have always liked her.

On X Factor as a guest judge I liked her but on X Factor US I thought she wasn't good but still liked her music and I wasn't keen on her being on our X Factor show and she turned out to be the only thing decent about the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Scherzinger's Daybreak interview and "live Boomerang" performance. http://www.itv.com/daybreak/showbiz/nicole-scherzinger-chats-and-performs/ She talks about Boomerang, The X factor and PCD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always been quite confused regarding the PCDs split. They were doing really well when the split ('When I Grow Up', 'I Hate This Part' and 'Jai Ho') then they sort of just ended abrubtly. At this time they also were touring and Gaga was supporting them (in the UK anyway). They were just as successful as their 'Don't Cha'/'Buttons' days.

Nicole never seems to say a bad word about them which is good (considering what she said about how the PCDs just dismantled over the course of a week!) but the other PCDs don't seem so kind about Nicole (Ashley and Kimberley inparticular). Although they've never said anything too scathing about Nicole, I specifically remember Ashely being asked if the PCDs would ever reform and she replied "not with Nicole". :confused:

I'm not saying Nicole is an angel but she seems much nicer than I originally thought (general impression before X Factor was; the main one of the PCDs who gets all the limelight). But surely that must've been the deal in the first place?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've always been quite confused regarding the PCDs split. They were doing really well when the split ('When I Grow Up', 'I Hate This Part' and 'Jai Ho') then they sort of just ended abrubtly. At this time they also were touring and Gaga was supporting them (in the UK anyway). They were just as successful as their 'Don't Cha'/'Buttons' days.

Nicole never seems to say a bad word about them which is good (considering what she said about how the PCDs just dismantled over the course of a week!) but the other PCDs don't seem so kind about Nicole (Ashley and Kimberley inparticular). Although they've never said anything too scathing about Nicole, I specifically remember Ashely being asked if the PCDs would ever reform and she replied "not with Nicole". :confused:

I'm not saying Nicole is an angel but she seems much nicer than I originally thought (general impression before X Factor was; the main one of the PCDs who gets all the limelight). But surely that must've been the deal in the first place?

Nicole seems far too sweet. I think the main reason they all hate her is because she was the lead singer and they were just her backing dancers.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Haaaa, Capital have just started playing this! They've given in to Queen Nicole :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Haaaa, Capital have just started playing this! They've given in to Queen Nicole :D

I think she will be #1 (or #2) so they'll have to start playing it at some point :D