EE: Did Anybody Notice?

shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Did anyone notice nancy put her hand over her mouth when ian walked out with peter. why would she do that. Is that a clue. For what reason would she do that, if she doesnt know whats happened? Bit strange to me, obv she has been told to do that. or is this another bit of trickery by DTC.

Comments

• Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At some point, every character in the square is going to have a moment where someone begins to think that they could be linked to Lucy's death. But imo its only going to be one of the following

Cindy
    Abi
    Aleks
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shraine wrote: »
    Did anyone notice nancy put her hand over her mouth when ian walked out with peter. why would she do that. Is that a clue. For what reason would she do that, if she doesnt know whats happened? Bit strange to me, obv she has been told to do that. or is this another bit of trickery by DTC.

Maybe Nancy just put 2 and 2 together and must have thought Lucy was dead.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably because of how Ian walked in. It must have been obvious from his face that something terrible had happened.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Because he staggered in bawling his eyes out
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    It wasn't just Nancy, though. Most of the people at the bar had turned to look at Ian sensing that something had happened.
  • Beale_FowlerBeale_Fowler Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    shraine wrote: »

It was obvious that Lucy was dead. That's part of the whole drama. Just hearing those words is what makes it so potent.
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole pub was watching Ian walk out the door, it was obvious that something tragic had happened. Plus this was after him and Peter just had a huge argument, the fact that they were both 100% silent leaving the pub must have looked a bit sad.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    It was clearly obvious he had devastating news. I mean CLEARLY.
  • KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    It was clear something was very wrong, Ian walked in looking like a broken man and held Peter's hand as he walked him out. Peter's eyes were already filling with tears with worry, already guessing he was about to find out something terrible.

Nancy has already shown to be quite a caring and instinctive person in the past, she looked after Tamwar during his troubles with Masood and even invited him to stay at the Vic so I'm thinking Nancy was quick to realise that something awful had happened to the Beale family.

That whole scene was very sad to be honest, everyone turning around, some of them knowing Ian for decades and others knowing Peter since he was born but remaining silent as they all knew it was a serious family matter and the worst may have happened. I thought it was quite nice how none of them made a smart comment (looking at you Alfie) or anyone tried to ask what was wrong, they just let them walk out to deal with whatever it was as a father and son, nobody interrupting, not even Sharon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    Probably because of how Ian walked in. It must have been obvious from his face that something terrible had happened.

Yeah and he was obviously not going to tell the whole boozer about it, either. Which was why he took Peter outside when they spoke - it was hardly surprising, he wanted some privacy, just the two of them.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,778
    Forum Member
    Max wasn't around much in tuesdays episode was he if at all? Maybe it could have been Peter himself! Had a row over who was Ian's favourite and it all got out of hand?
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Styker wrote: »
    Max wasn't around much in tuesdays episode was he if at all? Maybe it could have been Peter himself! Had a row over who was Ian's favourite and it all got out of hand?

I'm not convinced personally, I think his anger was directed at Ian rather than Lucy because he seemed fine while trying to ring her. He didn't say anything like "Can we talk? I'm sorry I got angry at you too" or anything, it seemed that as far as Peter was concerned, his relationship with Lucy was fine.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,778
    Forum Member
    Mel94 wrote: »
    I'm not convinced personally, I think his anger was directed at Ian rather than Lucy because he seemed fine while trying to ring her. He didn't say anything like "Can we talk? I'm sorry I got angry at you too" or anything, it seemed that as far as Peter was concerned, his relationship with Lucy was fine.

Hmm, I've just got a feeling it may have been Peter or Max, though i hope it wasn't Peter and if it is then that is the end of the Beales surely.

I never guessed that Stacey was Archie's killer and I don't think I was on DS at the time too and I didn't guess until the revelation that Nick Cottton killed Eddie Royal back in the early 90's either. Clyde "Traverner" was wrongly suspected of that muder and even when they arrested Nick, he manged to get off because of a barister pulling out all the stops for him and him pleading all innocent.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At some point, every character in the square is going to have a moment where someone begins to think that they could be linked to Lucy's death. But imo its only going to be one of the following

Cindy
    Abi
    Aleks

I just hope they haven't brought Lee Carter into the show for him to be revealed as the killer in February.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Styker wrote: »

it wasnt Lucys fault that Ian said she was his favourite, Peter has no reason to be mad at Lucy for something their dad said
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »

And when he replied "No, not here" to Peter
  • Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I originally found it interesting that Nancy had her hand around her mouth but like said above the entire pub knew that something was badly wrong, they just didn't know what. I like that nobody spoke to them too, nobody walks in looking like that and drags their child away like that in public without something being awfully wrong and I think the sensitive and honestly likeable Nancy was more empathetic than some of the others. With that said I'm still not ruling her out yet to be honest. Everybody is a suspect and Nancy is no different right now.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even the music stopped.
  • revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    it wasnt Lucys fault that Ian said she was his favourite, Peter has no reason to be mad at Lucy for something their dad said

Maybe not angry at her, but it wouldn't surprising for him to have felt really jealous and resentful towards her. :(
  • c120701c120701 Posts: 715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He also walked past the door that Peter was sat right by to parade all the way through the Vic.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    revans33 wrote: »
    Maybe not angry at her, but it wouldn't surprising for him to have felt really jealous and resentful towards her. :(

maybe - i still dont think Peter would kill his twin sister - either intentionally or unintentionally
  • lulu25lulu25 Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c120701 wrote: »
    He also walked past the door that Peter was sat right by to parade all the way through the Vic.

I also noticed this! Thought it was a bit wierd!
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they have it that any of Lucy's blood relatives killed her i'l be furious
  • KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even the music stopped.

From ours and Ian's perspective, it did, again going to symbolism, his whole world was stopping, and in his grief he was blocking out all the external noise, and focussing on getting outside to tell Peter that devastating news
  • soapfan2005soapfan2005 Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I thought was weird that when Peter started shouting, no one came out of the pub to see what was going on! Not even a flicker of the curtains!