Diana Rigg and daughter appearing in new season

DavidusDavidus Posts: 201
Forum Member
Another link for people to maul over.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18675589

So now we have a better idea of the story that Mark Gatiss has written - will it be any better than those he has previously churned out???[news]'Doctor Who': Character return revealed by new filming pictures?[/news]

Comments

• dorkjacksndorkjacksn Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guest cast for this upcoming series has been staggering so far! I'm hugely excited! :)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Mrs Peel, we're needed!!"
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Mark Gatiss script? Is he writing more than one episode this season? Or does it mean Rigg and Rigg Jr
    are appearing in Gatiss's rumoured Ice Warrior episode along with David Warner and Liam Cunningham? If so that is a mighty great cast for one episode!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    should be amazing.
    Not seen her in a bad role yet
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like both actresses. I hope their episode is a good one.
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't Sara Kingdom, the First Doctor's companion in "The Dalek Masterplan", based on Emma Peel, played by Diana Rigg in "The Avengers"?
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have gotten a cracking line up of guest stars for series 7, it has to be said...:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Well we have had Honor Blackman in 'Terror of the Vervoids', Gareth Hunt in 'Planet of the Spiders', and Joanna Lumley as 'Dr Who' in 'The Curse of Fatal Death', we only need Linda Thorson to complete the set. Unlikely that Patrick Macnee will appear as he is far too old, and Ian Hendry is dead. We must not forget patrick Newell who played 'Mother' in The Avengers, he appeared in Doctor Who in 'The Android Invasion'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news! Bring it on!!:)
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the script's anything like Gatiss' previous attempts, then it's nothing to be getting excited about :/ hopefully an improvement :)
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not one for spoilers usually but I was delighted to read Diana Rigg is going to be in Doctor who, it's a shame it never happened sooner in the Classic series. I adored her as Emma Peel in The Avengers, the best Avengers girl by a long shot. I always thought if Honor Blackman could do it, so could she and I look forward to this episode enormously.

:)
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Interesting- Dame Diana and Rachael Stirling in DW....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Great to see Rachael getting involved. She was superb in Boy Meets Girl with Martin Freeman and great in Lewis "Life Born Of Fire". Hopefully she'll be able to be as amazing as in Tipping the Velvet this time, even if she's brought her mum!!:D:D