Royal Mail said they delivered my parcel today but didn't

highland paddyhighland paddy Posts: 672
Forum Member
✭✭
I got an email saying my parcel had been delivered at 11.30am when I was still in the house. What's more I went on their tracker function and there is my signature there for it!

Of course the useless bastards are already closed for the rest of the weekend so can't ask them myself. Has anyone had something like this happen and what did you do?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forum Member Posts: 0
    Have you checked around your property? I know they sometimes leave it lying around in what they consider a safe place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Sometimes they put it in blue bucket
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Fiona72 wrote: »
    Sometimes they put it in blue bucket

Say you haven't a blue bucket.?
  • TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    I got an email saying my parcel had been delivered at 11.30am when I was still in the house. What's more I went on their tracker function and there is my signature there for it!

Of course the useless bastards are already closed for the rest of the weekend so can't ask them myself. Has anyone had something like this happen and what did you do?

I have never once signed for parcel then forgotten about it within an hour.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've left it somewhere to save you the bother of going to get it. Have a look around your house.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Post Office and courier's that deliver to us don't always ask for my signature, they must sign it themselves hoping to just hand it over and save some time. They either didn't knock on your door loud enough or decided they didn't have the time to deliver it, I'm sure they'll be back soon.

Or the Post Office signed for it and gave it to a neighbour.
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    How do they have your signature for it if you didn't receive it?

Can someone else in your household forge your signature?

Or could you have experienced some kind of short-term memory loss and you did actually receive it and then put it somewhere out of sight?
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes - I found it in the recycling bin a few days later.
  • highland paddyhighland paddy Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry guys, mystery solved, they delivered it to my mum's address because that is where my paypal account is registered. :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha :D
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys, mystery solved, they delivered it to my mum's address because that is where my paypal account is registered. :blush:

So they're NOT 'useless bastards' after all then.
  • Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha 😀
  • rufnek2k6rufnek2k6 Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would the signature not have given this away in the first instance?
  • charlie-chancharlie-chan Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    rufnek2k6 wrote: »
    Would the signature not have given this away in the first instance?

Unless poster's mum has similar name/signature.