Denise Welch to have IVF?

2»

Comments

• Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think everyone's being a bit harsh actually.

We're talking about a woman who's been depressed, but still drank when alcohol's actually a depressant, a woman who's had severe PND, but still wants a baby at 54 years old with a man 14 years younger, a woman who's been irresponsible enough to take drugs and have many affairs behind her then husband's back but still expected to carry on as normal.

Harsh? Nah.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise welsh can't look after herself never mind a baby..
    and in a few years that baby will turn into a moody teenager who quite possibly has inherited the same severe depression and addictions?
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Proof, if any were needed, that this woman is an utterly selfish, irresponsible moron. Having a child is a privilege, not a right. Just an idea Denise: How about turning your attentions to your existing children rather than being a middle aged soak pratting about with your toyboy????:rolleyes:

Yes, rather blunt but true, sadly. I have often felt really sorry for her sons when she appears on Loose Women going on about not being able to remember what she did the night before or now going on about her toyboy. How confused those kids must be, are they living with her or Tim or is everyone, ex-wife,ex-husband, boyfriend, Tim's new girlfriend all living in the same home????? No wonder our kids today are so emotionally mixed up and confused. So many so-called adults never seem to get over their teenage years and carry on and on into adulthood behaving in a totally irresponsible way.
    Forum Member
    Denise welsh can't look after herself never mind a baby..

Isn't it amazing how many people who obviously cannot look after themselves want a baby!!!!! Denise wants to be young again, hence the baby. She wants her young boyfriend to have a child obviously as she has two sons (?) already. Demi and Ashton did the same thing apparently when they were together. Why cannot people understand that there are phases in life that cannot be repeated. I do not like men having kids later in life either. I thought Paul McCartney and his youngest child looked ridiculous recently when photographed in a playpark. Bea looked like his grand-daughter.
    Forum Member
    We're talking about a woman who's been depressed, but still drank when alcohol's actually a depressant, a woman who's had severe PND, but still wants a baby at 54 years old with a man 14 years younger, a woman who's been irresponsible enough to take drugs and have many affairs behind her then husband's back but still expected to carry on as normal.

Harsh? Nah.

Your post says it all really!!!
  • nosilauknosilauk Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do not like men having kids later in life either. I thought Paul McCartney and his youngest child looked ridiculous recently when photographed in a playpark. Bea looked like his grand-daughter.

To the prejudiced outsider perhaps?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's extremely unlikely Denise will be able to have another child. It's really not worth getting so excited about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nosilauk wrote: »
    To the prejudiced outsider perhaps?

Um, my mum had my sister at the age of 42, and by the time my sister was 20, she was often mistaken for her grandmother.

Having babies over 40 isn't the best idea in the world, but over 50 is madness. As NotaTypo said ^ we have the menopause for a reason.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Isn't it amazing how many people who obviously cannot look after themselves want a baby!!!!! Denise wants to be young again, hence the baby. She wants her young boyfriend to have a child obviously as she has two sons (?) already. Demi and Ashton did the same thing apparently when they were together. Why cannot people understand that there are phases in life that cannot be repeated. I do not like men having kids later in life either. I thought Paul McCartney and his youngest child looked ridiculous recently when photographed in a playpark. Bea looked like his grand-daughter.

According to the Mirror report he has a 20 year old son! Why do people think that having a baby together will cement their relationship? My boyfriend is 9 years younger than me, we both have children from previous marriages and the last thing we would consider is having another baby!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the Mirror report he has a 20 year old son! Why do people think that having a baby together will cement their relationship? My boyfriend is 9 years younger than me, we both have children from previous marriages and the last thing we would consider is having another baby!

I'll bet you anything you like that he has absolutely nothing to do with his son. Having children is a privilege, not a right, and especially not with her record of PND, alcoholism and depression.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    I'll bet you anything you like that he has absolutely nothing to do with his son. Having children is a privilege, not a right, and especially not with her record of PND, alcoholism and depression.

Poor child :( (Although I honestly doubt it will ever happen)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this a "sticking plaster" baby? From how she talks .. He has told her he will walk if she drinks again and she will (IMO) revert back to her old self in time..so maybe she is thinking having a child will keep him longer
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member

Harsh? Nah.

Omg is this for real? Surely it will be mentioned on LW this week- my sister is 54 reasonably fit exercises regularly non drinker etc - one day a week she looks after her 4 month old granddaughter for a full 24 hours while my niece works and I am totally honest when I say it absolutely exhausts her - and she can spend a day in bed to catch up after having baby- my concern would be pnd - apart from the age issue I would be afraid the Pnd would reoccur and push her over the edge-
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this story has probably been ramped up and exaggerated by the Mail (I mean, come on- it's the Mail!). However, if there's even a grain of truth in it, I would look at it the other way. If Lincoln Townley thinks anything of Denise, he would talk her out of it. As others have pointed out, age aside, she is too unstable and too self-centred to be having a baby. She might be a fantastic mum to her two sons despite her 'issues' (we don't know what happens behind closed doors, despite the exhibitionism). However, she's not taking into account that it's 11 years since she last had a baby and it definitely wouldn't be as easy this time.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise Welch veers from one catastrophe to the next, so there is probably little more truth in this than any of the other outlandish tales from the disaster that is her personal life.

Given her age and history of depressive illnesses, it would be madness for her to consider having another child. If she was remotely serious about attempting this, you would hope the toyboy would be decent enough to advise her against it and that a baby isn't the answer if she feels their relationship needs to be 'solidified' in some way. He already has a son anyway, so she's hardly denying him fatherhood because of her age.

I think there comes a stage in life when a woman has to accept there are not going to be any more children, especially over the age of 50.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Um, my mum had my sister at the age of 42, and by the time my sister was 20, she was often mistaken for her grandmother.

Having babies over 40 isn't the best idea in the world, but over 50 is madness. As NotaTypo said ^ we have the menopause for a reason.

i was commenting on poster's views on older fathers :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nosilauk wrote: »
    i was commenting on poster's views on older fathers :cool:

....and I was speaking from personal experience. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I think this story has probably been ramped up and exaggerated by the Mail (I mean, come on- it's the Mail!). However, if there's even a grain of truth in it, I would look at it the other way. If Lincoln Townley thinks anything of Denise, he would talk her out of it. As others have pointed out, age aside, she is too unstable and too self-centred to be having a baby. She might be a fantastic mum to her two sons despite her 'issues' (we don't know what happens behind closed doors, despite the exhibitionism). However, she's not taking into account that it's 11 years since she last had a baby and it definitely wouldn't be as easy this time.

The Wail isn't the only paper that's carried this story though - it was front page news in the Mirror yesterday with pics of them leaving the fertility clinic in the online edition.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/denise-welch-wants-an-ivf-baby-1468451

Oh how things have changed in three months. :rolleyes:
    Nowadays, there’s no chance of her having another baby and contrary to rumours she and fiancé Lincoln – who has a 20-year-old son called Lewis – will not be exploring IVF treatment.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/denise-welch-talks-about-on-hitting-rock-1295475
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wail isn't the only paper that's carried this story though - it was front page news in the Mirror yesterday with pics of them leaving the fertility clinic in the online edition.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/denise-welch-wants-an-ivf-baby-1468451

Oh how things have changed in three months. :rolleyes:

Hmm, well, you don't go to an IVF clinic for a new sofa. They are, quite plainly, crackers.:rolleyes:
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to the two of them. I hope everything goes fine. I like Denise Welch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ....and I was speaking from personal experience. :)

Me too - as both my children have an older Dad. :)