The biggest, most unresolvable River Song plot hole...

13»

Comments

• Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TEDR wrote: »
    I think she's in denial. Her best friend, JaneL, and her eventual boyfriend, TomS, probably feel the same. It's unclear what her real-life heroine, JaneaneG, would say.

Oh, masterfully played, sir. :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Robinson to her young lover in The Graduate.:)

Thank you, I missed that reference :o
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Airborae wrote: »
    Not at all. Although the Doctor called her his wife, their 'marriage' (I'm not convinced it was the real Doctor who said the words - no onscreen proof) was in an aborted timeline. So therefore, it never happened. River herself said that Amy murdering Kovarian never really happened. Amy, however, did say that it felt like she did. Which is probably why the Doctor and River allude to a 'marriage.' They know it never really happened, but refer to it nevertheless. Hence the Doctor referring to his 'wife's' tomb. Notice how he said goodbye to her without much emotion. Interesting reaction.

Given that the Doctor isn't a religious type (despite dearly wanting to be a monk!) I doubt if any marriage he would ever have would require a seal of approval from any authority. If they consider themselves married, and her parents are okay with it, then so be it.

Whether or not Kovarian actually died, Amy carried out the deed, and she'll always remember doing it, and that's a burden in itself.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was just one of the many things Amy had to try and deal with. Being the doctors freind is not easy. Things you go through.Think River did comfort her a bit by reminding her Kovarian wasn't actually "dead". She was just far away living in the reset universe. Wonder if she ever talked to Rory or 11 about it ?. Amy shouldn't feel bad for two reasons. 1 she didn't acutally kill her. Kovarinas bosses were going to kill her anyway for "failure" Amy just made sure it happened . 2 Amy had a right to hate her and be angry. Kovarian stole and hurt her child. Amy missed so much of her daughters life being a "proper" mum to her. Least tehy did see eachother again briefly in TATM and said goodbye .Should have been like Nancy and Jamie in TDD. "You're my baby my little girl, you will allways be my little girl". :(:cry:
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    adams66 wrote: »
    Don't you ever give up DariaM?
    I think that you are the ONLY person here that insists that the 2005+ series is not linked to the 'classic' series. Everyone else, including everyone involved with the production of Doctor Who, is happy that the current series IS a direct continuation of the show that began on TV in 1963.
    Believe what you will, but please stop polluting every bloody thread with this absurd fantasy of yours. Give it a rest, please.
    That's some very amature trolling DariaM.

So those images of all the previous Doctor's in The Eleventh Hour were what?

John Smith's sketches of previous Doctor's in the diary of impossible things?

Clara seeing all eleven previous Doctor's?

Jackson Lake's info stamp of the previous Doctor's?

And the Doctor's library card with the first Doctor's face on it?

Links between the two series and the TV movie possibly?
    I don't quite know what you are smoking to have this bizarre belief, but if I were you I would leave it alone.
    The classic series, the 2005+ series and even the film are all one.
    If you wish to carry on deluding yourself, then might I suggest a forum called, nutcases'r'us.com. That way, you can further your behavior by trying to convince us that the Moon is made of cheese and there are real little people in radios.

Guys/gals, I honestly wouldn't bother. DariaM NEVER responds. A sure sign that Daria is just acting like a classic troll. Don't feed the troll!