Options

The Following Season 3

Comments

• Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Killing off Emma, Jacob, and Roderick were three big mistakes for me

All the later villains have been/will be cardboard cut out replacements for them
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really liking it. I love Mike so maybe if he wasn't in it, I wouldn't be as big a fan......

For anyone who hasn't seen ep 2 yet though, I think it could change your minds if you thought the first ep was bland.
  • Options
    Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    :o at that second episode ending with the box! Seriously disturbing stuff.

Officially hooked again though on this brilliant show. I wonder when Joe will be back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Officially hooked again though on this brilliant show. I wonder when Joe will be back.

I agree, I think this episode stepped it up a notch. It took me a good 4 episodes in Season 2 to get back into it, but Season 3 has been brilliant straight away in my opinion.
  • Options
    TurbulenceTurbulence Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it didn't really do anything new. I wouldn't say it was bad but I'd like to see what 'The Following' is really trying to say, as so far it doesn't seem to have a message.

Personally I don't think that a TV show needs to contain a message to be good. It can work well, but in other cases it comes across as pretentious and propaganda-like. If a show is entertaining (like the Following IMO) then that's more than good enough for me.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member

Pleased they are holding back on Joe's return, makes for a bigger impact....I hope.

"We have to make sense of all this"
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see Joe again, the show only really works when both him and Ryan are in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talking about Mark: "He's lost it"
    "He never had it"

Made me laugh :D

Another good ep this week, I thought.
    I'm glad we're slowly seeing Mike unravel. What do we think will end up happening to Max?
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know Ryan and the others were busy chasing Neal but I'm surprised there was no mention at the FBI HQ about the News team being killed/kidnapped.

Speaking of Neal thought it was a little odd that a Police Car took part in the chase but once it was over and they were in a standoff with Neal there was no sign of any Police.

Did they just decide to stay in their Car parked in the background?
  • Options
    SyrenaSyrena Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am enjoying season three so far. Have heard that viewing figures are not good for TF in the US :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope not. It seems like it's not set in stone so I hope it can be saved. I'm really enjoying season 3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone see on twitter that Kevin Bacon said that real tears were shed on the set the other day? :o I hope it's nothing to do with Mike!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/life/2015/03/02/shawn-ashmore-job-security-uncertainty-following/24291047/

It is a new show so I hope word gets around that it's different in a good way!
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people like this show any more. It really isn't doing anything new or imaginative.

How many times can people see another person killed for no reason?

It isn't even entertaining in a camp way like it used to be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people like this show any more. It really isn't doing anything new or imaginative.

How many times can people see another person killed for no reason?

It isn't even entertaining in a camp way like it used to be.

But you still watch it? :D

I love the show, but I'm really invested in the characters now. The hook for me isn't the killing aspect (and never has been), it's the way it affects Ryan, Mike and Max that I like to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    But you still watch it? :D

I love the show, but I'm really invested in the characters now. The hook for me isn't the killing aspect (and never has been), it's the way it affects Ryan, Mike and Max that I like to watch.

At the moment it is a 'watch and forget' type show. Took me days to get up the energy to watch the latest episode. And that was mainly because I'd run out of stuff to watch, and had a Chromecast installed so didn't have to move to the TV to watch it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the moment it is a 'watch and forget' type show. Took me days to get up the energy to watch the latest episode. And that was mainly because I'd run out of stuff to watch, and had a Chromecast installed so didn't have to move to the TV to watch it.

What did you think to this week's episode?
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Pleased the box guy, is no more.

The two with Mark, get more interesting - and after Max now {the folder woman}...plus I feel the Doc should run.

And Marks interview was fun...:o

"Wrong answer"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh I found the interview, minus the killings, very funny.

I feel like we're about to get all Season 1 of Homeland with the cameras in Max's flat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    What did you think to this week's episode?

I still feel there is no Big Bad in the show. Mark is more a side villian. Nasty for the sake of it, without any real drive or motive.

The couple are bland and annoying.

Did we actually see inside the box? Was it just the agent's head or the whole body?

It didn't do anything for me that his head might have been in there. Seen it all before.

The show isn't the same without Emma.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is getting boring now. Are we ever gonna see Joe? I don't care for Mark and he hasn't even got proper followers. I loved this show but i'm gonna be switching off soon if this dross continues.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The longer we go with out seeing Joe the better.

As with any "baddie" they have their time and I think last season showed he has had his time.

Wonderful actor and a fantastic performance but that's not enough reason to put him into a story.

A much better story is how far will Ryan,Max and Mike go to keep what happened secret? Its already caused the deaths of many people and is clearly affecting Ryan and Max in a negative way.

Stories need to evolve and change with what happens. Just having "Joe and his followers" every season would not work.
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still feel there is no Big Bad in the show. Mark is more a side villian. Nasty for the sake of it, without any real drive or motive.

The couple are bland and annoying.

Did we actually see inside the box? Was it just the agent's head or the whole body?

It didn't do anything for me that his head might have been in there. Seen it all before.

The show isn't the same without Emma.

I think killing off Emma was a mistake.

Much more interesting character then Joe. Should have killed him off
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    rolleyes

Still more chasing and getting away. How much more incompetent are these lot going to be?