Matt's Getting Less Interesting Each Week

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
Forum Member
✭✭
At the start I thought Matt was one of the better, more talented contestants.

But with each passing week it's obvious he doesn't really have it.

Yes, he can sing - but that's pretty much true of all the finalists. He doesn't really bring anything new to the songs and he's not got much stage presence. Not so much the X-Factor as the Zzzzzz-Factor.

I find him less and less interesting each week - I wouldn't miss him at all if he went this week.

Comments

• jock_fjock_f Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fauntleroy wrote: »

Yes, he can sing - but that's pretty much true of all the finalists. He doesn't really bring anything new to the songs and he's not got much stage presence. Not so much the X-Factor as the Zzzzzz-Factor.

I find him less and less interesting each week - I wouldn't miss him at all if he went this week.

I would, I'd have to be mean to one of the others, and I like them all. Actually, there's still Mary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca's the one I'm finding gets less interesting.
  • amanduhamanduh Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's being X Factoried fauntleroy!! That's why I hope he comes 2nd, think he'll do a lot better with some freedom.
  • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont agree - I think he's remained by far the most interesting of all of them. Not sure that a win would be the best thing for him though.
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    If he carries on getting less interesting he'll soon be in negative interestingness. Lucky there's only 2 weeks to go really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Matt. He is very versatile. Rebecca is getting boring and she does not have the range Matt has. She struggled with the lower notes on Saturday.

Matt will go far with his singing, guitar playing and song writing talents. Better if he doesn't win, or Rebecca for that matter. Both will pick up deals and SC can have his 'can't sing' boy band.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They (Matt & Becca) are being 'toned down' due to the fact that the powers that be want to have 1D & Cher as 1 & 2. This has been plain as day from the start, and anyone that hasn't seen the mini kicks that have hit M&B in tender parts have not been paying attention.

Trust me, Mr & Mrs C have their eyes firmly on the twinklies for the main prize, the elder couple will not be in it. Mary, love her, is already doomed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    i'm so over him, I don't rate him at all *kanye shrug*
  • super bantamssuper bantams Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fauntleroy wrote: »

Leona Lewis had no stage presence and she has done OK
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is the only act that I genuinely look forward to hearing sing and seeing perform every week, the rest of the acts and show is just about saturday night entertainment for me.
  • amanduhamanduh Posts: 1,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tsutsu wrote: »
    He is the only act that I genuinely look forward to hearing sing and seeing perform every week, the rest of the acts and show is just about saturday night entertainment for me.

Me too tsutsu... I'm a huge fan but I'd love to know how much real say he's had in what he's sung, how he's sung it and the 'production' behind it.
    Like when Cheryl said to Wagner 'much better without all the dancing girls, you should have done that all along' as if that had been his idea!! :rolleyes:
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How would that be possible?:p

In all seriousness, I don't and never have thought he had a particularly outstanding or good voice(though he 'can' sing and has good controle ),and I'm reasonably confident that he won't win .

Before his fans lynch me,:eek: let me add that he will be better off,IMO, NOT winning.

Being on the show did a good thing for him. Even I checked out his original music, just out of curiosity-and it's good! Not my thing, but good, and , while he's not outstanding as a covers/pop/etc singer, as an artist/performer/total package, he definitely does have talent, and I think he will do just fine .:)