Options

lemon juice on face.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have recently discovered this marvelous treatment for oily and uneven skin tone. The results are near amazing! personally I put it on overnight...it stings a little at first but you know its working. Google it....there's loads of info on it. :)

Comments

• Options
    alisonroadalisonroad Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    This sound really interesting. How long have you been using it before any changes and which changes have you seen?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Really? Sounds interesting. I heard it can lighten your skin but I hope to goodness that it's not true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alisonroad wrote: »
    This sound really interesting. How long have you been using it before any changes and which changes have you seen?

Believe it or not, only 2 nights and the changes are blimin near remarkable!
    My face is usually blotchy with red patched (especially after a drink!) and very greasy, particularly in the morning.
    Google it - i am sure there is plenty of info out there.
  • Options
    jbiggsjbiggs Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hm, I'm not so sure. It's sort of citric acid on your face. It must hurt. Do you water it down or use pure juice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    dezire wrote: »
    I have recently discovered this marvelous treatment for oily and uneven skin tone. The results are near amazing! personally I put it on overnight...it stings a little at first but you know its working. Google it....there's loads of info on it. :)

Excellent, thanks for that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which type of lemon juice do you use??it sounds good would like to give it a try but don't want to be using the wrong ones!! lol:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used fresh lemon juice overnight for 3 nights and my face is as smooth and soft as I've ever felt it!
    What strength of juice and length of time you apply it is down to the individual - people commonly water it down and leave it on for 20 minutes or so.
    I am an absolute convert!
    Please remember that lemon juice is a type of acid and your skin will need a break from this type of treatment to renew the skin!!!
    So for me 3 nights is enough per weeknights Any more than that and my face becomes too dry and irritated.
    My blotchiness has gone down about 70% in one week...and not a pimple in site! I never want to buy a face pack or toner again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jbiggs wrote: »
    Hm, I'm not so sure. It's sort of citric acid on your face. It must hurt. Do you water it down or use pure juice.

Is there a face renewal cream which doesn't contain acid? Yes it stings for a few mins at first but it feels like its working...I have open pores so it stung a bit. but by the third night it didn't.
    I used fresh lemon juice pure...but lots of people mix it with water.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will give it a go...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jbiggs wrote: »
    I will give it a go...

Try an allergy test first!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C'mon, don't scare me know
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm confused. What do you actually do? Do you squeeze a whole lemon into a bowl and then rub it on your face? Doesn't the juice just drip off your face?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please apply a bit of common sense here guys. Of course you don't use a whole lemon on the face! I just squeeze some into a bowl, just a tea spoons worth, then apply it with a cotton ball in exactly the same way you do with a toner. I leave it on for 20 mins then wash it off.
    Read this link for other experiences and methods! .... http://www.makeupalley.com/product/x_showreview.asp?ItemId=95335&Lemon-Juice&Unlisted-Brand&Treatments
  • Options
    EuphorianSkyEuphorianSky Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't recommend you doin that as lemon juice is drying and if you have oily skin it's best to put something on that moisturises your skin as you're taking away the oil your skin needs so it's going to produce more. I recommend: Olive oil, Honey etc Apply generously on face and leave overnught when you wake up wash it off with warm/hhot water and splash with cold water. There's a youtube channel: diamondsandheels14 she talks about skincare/beauty/haircare/makeup/accessories/clothing. You can learn lots of stuff on her channel she's a model who has terrible cystic acne but is studying to be a doctor/dermatologist. Her name is Cassandra Bankson she's only 19 but very mature. She uses lots of her made up words and has a very warming, bubbly and caring personality.

Sorry for babbling on but I'm subscribed to her as I have oily skin and she only has about 200k subscribers. You can learn lots of interesting stuff such as if washing your face to much can be drying to the skin. I hope you like my input and be sure to check out Cassandra's channel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dezire wrote: »

How long do you leave stickly lemon juice on your face for? Erghhh.
  • Options
    cingacinga Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Im a member of a skin care forum which has a recipe for lemon juice and cream. Its supposed to exfoliate and moisturise at the same time

http://beautysnug.com/index.php?topic=51.0
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I shall try this, but just in a case, will water down lemon juice a little bit. Sour cream - does it smell afterwards?
  • Options
    Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't recommend you doin that as lemon juice is drying and if you have oily skin it's best to put something on that moisturises your skin as you're taking away the oil your skin needs so it's going to produce more. I recommend: Olive oil, Honey etc Apply generously on face and leave overnught when you wake up wash it off with warm/hhot water and splash with cold water. There's a youtube channel: diamondsandheels14 she talks about skincare/beauty/haircare/makeup/accessories/clothing. You can learn lots of stuff on her channel she's a model who has terrible cystic acne but is studying to be a doctor/dermatologist. Her name is Cassandra Bankson she's only 19 but very mature. She uses lots of her made up words and has a very warming, bubbly and caring personality.

Sorry for babbling on but I'm subscribed to her as I have oily skin and she only has about 200k subscribers. Yŷou can learn lots of interesting stuff such as if washing your face to much can be drying to the skin. I hope you like my input and be sure to check out Cassandra's channel.

That would leave my skin really greasy. I'm going to try the lemon juice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pipijuice wrote: »
    I shall try this, but just in a case, will water down lemon juice a little bit. Sour cream - does it smell afterwards?

I would not water down the lemon juice. Water has tiny traces of metals in it and acids and metals are not really good for skin.

Just get a tablespoon of sour cream and squeeze the juice from a lemon it in.

I never noticed a smell from the sour cream.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lemon juice is the best thing. I have been using it for about 6 months and my skin has never looked and felt so amazing. I don't get spots anymore but a few at the time of the month. It has also helped with my hyper pigmentation. I get so many compliments about my skin. Will be using lemon forever! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it does a good job. The sour cream helps stop the over drying of the lemon juice.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    An alternative solution is Vitamin C powder, costs slightly more than lemons though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    This sounds really interesting, but I'm just wondering if it would make you more at risk from the sun, (like AHAs do), because it is basically putting a type of acid on you face, isn't it?
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    This sounds really interesting, but I'm just wondering if it would make you more at risk from the sun, (like AHAs do), because it is basically putting a type of acid on you face, isn't it?

Indeed you will need to wear sunscreen every day otherwise you may get sun damage. Folks should use an SPF moisturiser regardless but even more so if you are applying a highly acidic item to the skin. Either that or say hello to premature ageing!