Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lack of bags in Tesco. Like is there a shortage in Scotland? I know they charge for them now, but most of the time I seem to end up having to catch the attention the attendant.
  • Plucky_OctopusPlucky_Octopus Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Car drivers who ignore blatant things.

Was stuck behind a P driver in stop, start traffic and her back windscreen was on for least 2 minutes. It wasn't raining or recently used washers, was thinking can you not see.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've a big fire burning and yet the house hasn't heated up :confused:
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Family hassling us
  • lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Car drivers who ignore blatant things.

Was stuck behind a P driver in stop, start traffic and her back windscreen was on for least 2 minutes. It wasn't raining or recently used washers, was thinking can you not see.

Did the P not give you a clue?

Driving with an instructor and driving alone suddenly feels very different for a while when you first pass, it's easy to get flappy and do daft things like accidentally turning your wipers on.
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The news, the election, the weather, just about everything really.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spiralling vegetables.
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When knives are held with the stem of the utensil resting between the thumb and index finger, rather than tucked beneath the palm.
  • Plucky_OctopusPlucky_Octopus Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lionsof66 wrote: »
    Did the P not give you a clue?

Driving with an instructor and driving alone suddenly feels very different for a while when you first pass, it's easy to get flappy and do daft things like accidentally turning your wipers on.

I get that, I was reckless when I first past, but it was on continuous, not just a whoops I've just turned them on, and cause I was stuck behind her for ages, it was more, how can you not notice that it's on.
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    News on the hour on every radio station.

If I want news I put Radio 4 on or check the web.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Mumof3 wrote: »
    When knives are held with the stem of the utensil resting between the thumb and index finger, rather than tucked beneath the palm.

I'm very pedantic about that, above, plus wrongly tipping the soup bowl forward instead of away, not putting knife and fork together when finished are things that really rile me. :(
  • bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    I'm very pedantic about that, above, plus wrongly tipping the soup bowl forward instead of away, not putting knife and fork together when finished are things that really rile me. :(

Sorry to be pedantic also, but neither of those two methods is socially acceptable. >:(

In polite circles, the soup bowl should be lifted clear of the table and the vestiges slurped-back in one go;

......... the same method as one would use to drink a nice cup of Earl Grey tea.
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bri160356 wrote: »
    Sorry to be pedantic also, but neither of those two methods is socially acceptable. >:(

In polite circles, the soup bowl should be lifted clear of the table and the vestiges slurped-back in one go;

......... the same method as one would use to drink a nice cup of Earl Grey tea.

You mean you tip it into the saucer first?
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    bri160356 wrote: »

I'll try that next time I'm out for a meal with friends! :o
  • bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    I'll try that next time I'm out for a meal with friends! :o

............they’ll be ever so impressed if you do.

P.S. burping afterwards is usually at ones’ own discretion.
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The insufferable 'banter' between the Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman on Pointless.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At least they use a knife! The ones I find appalling are those who sit at a dinner table laid out with knives and forks but doggedly attempt to eat everything with just the fork. They think they look 'cool' but they just look stupid. >:(

These are the same kind of vulgarians who dip their rolls in their soup at said dinner table.
  • jet soundsjet sounds Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    The constant clinking of a spoon in a cereal bowl. I have to leave the room if anyone eats cereals out of a bowl anywhere near me................and when on holiday, I won't have breakfast in the hotel restaurant even if it's included in the price, as if I did, I'd just sit there with my teeth clenched and my fingers in my ears!......la la la la la la.
  • speigelspeigel Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cortana! what a dumb name for an app. What idiot thought that up
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    The client I work with is in another city so we contact each other by email.
    I've sent suggestions to help improve our project and she's ignored them, probably got the hump with me cus I dared to send improvements.
    I feel like saying 'leave your ego at the door and let's get this done correctly' but I can't cus I won't get paid.

So in short - bosses/clients,how they get to fancy positions really is beyond me, most of them I've dealt with are hopeless.:confused:

Also:
    - Fairweather friends
    - People who put their feet up on bus/train seats
    - That feckin awful trivago advert which is on every advert break
    - Getting a spot (and the bad timing that comes with it) D:
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,049
    Forum Member
    "Game Of Thrones" :(

I starting reading the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series ages ago and kept telling people it was really good, I waited patiently for five bloody years for George R. R. Martin to finish "A Feast for Crows", which was mostly filler, I would check weekly on GRRM website which had a stupid picture of him cuddling a tiger cub.

I've only watched the first episode of the TV series, I wanted to finish reading the book series first before getting into the TV series.

The TV adaptation the Earthsea series was so abysmal, I didn't want the GOT to spoil the book series for me.

But now the TV series has taken off, I feel GRRM is going to stretch out the books and will likely die before the end, like Robert Jordan.

I'm also annoyed at the Johnny-come-lately fans of GOT, some of whom aren't really fans of SciFi/Fantasy, who don't know anything about Thomas Covenant, Belgariad/Malloreon or the Foundation series, appropriating "A Song of Ice and Fire" :blush:
  • CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On another thread I had a lot of grief for commenting on irritation caused by people saying "If you could just enter your PIN".......
    Without finishing the sentence.....
  • StuartRedStuartRed Posts: 70
    Forum Member

Speaking of cutlery , folk that have been brought up to use a knife and fork , using chopsticks to eat a Chinese meal
  • Canis LupusCanis Lupus Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    More cutlery related annoyance.....

Keep it off your teeth for Pete's sake!

If I hear someone clink their fork against their teeth, or worse still biting it, I cannot continue my meal.
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Bad grammar, slovenly speech and the glottal stop. Yuk!
This discussion has been closed.