Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    JT2060 wrote: »
    I bought my wife a new pair of slippers for her birthday, to the specification she laid down. They are loose at the back. We have woodblock flooring.

Clop, clop, clop, clop, clop.

If there is a report of a woman found dead with a slipper stuffed down her throat, please take this as a confession. :)

Shred them up and blame it on the dog.
  • JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »
    Shred them up and blame it on the dog.

Ah yes, we have two, but one has history.........

Thank you.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I bought my wife a new pair of slippers for her birthday, to the specification she laid down. They are loose at the back. We have woodblock flooring.

If there is a report of a woman found dead with a slipper stuffed down her throat, please take this as a confession. :)

If theyre not fit for purpose I'd take them back :)
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who sit in the OVERTAKING LANE of a dual carriageway at 50mph
  • wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    People who share distressing pictures of mistreated/killed animals on FB just to say "Look how angry I am". I dont want this shit on my page FFS! :mad:
    I see things like that and think 'if you have people on your friends' list that need to be told to stop being cruel to animals' then you should probably pick your friends better.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now, the most important thing about, uhhhh...hating things on errrr... the....uhh, internet and uhhh. like, everything on the internet is uhhh....but, uhh.....hating things on the internet, uhhhh...dude anyway....

Yes!! All the "uhhh" and waffling these young guys do on their YouTube tutorials really grinds my gears! They could at least practice what they're going to say before pressing the record button!
  • Marmark1Marmark1 Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Shaved heads and daft haircuts.Especially when they have got haiYour hair is your faces photo frame.
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jackapple wrote: »
    People who sit in the OVERTAKING LANE of a dual carriageway at 50mph

Oh absolutely. There's an old fella in a van goes home the same way I do, and he does 40mph the whole way, so I have to leave before he passes my work. He builds a queue behind him on the single carriageway section and then when it goes dual, he pulls to the right immediately, leaving the whole queue behind him in the right lane and you know everyone is tempted to dive up the left and undertake, but seldom dare to do it as we all know it's wrong.
  • Marmark1Marmark1 Posts: 50
    Forum Member

That made me laugh.
  • kitchenpersonkitchenperson Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Or things which are ludicrous hoaxes, easily found to be debunked if you'd bother to check first. But no, let's share it again "just in case".
    Just seen another - some twaddle about a "lost child" showing you an address on a piece of paper and asking you to take them home. Turns out you will be gang raped at that address if you do.

FFS!
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Met a boss last week who wanted to work with me, said he'd call me at the weekend, he didn't. I've emailed him and called him since. Everytime I call to ask 'a quick question' he says 'oh can I call you back in 10 minutes' and he NEVER EVER calls back. This is pretty much the 4th time he's done this - look if you're not interested in working with me anymore JUST SAY.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Stupid and totally unfair, funnily enough I have a life too -I have plans tonight - now I'm always waiting on this call that never comes.

WTH.So annoyed.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,007
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    People shoving their dogs in the back yard and letting them bark all day and night. Take the dog for a walk now and then and let it into the house at night you utter shitbags.

That's not 'trivial'. Poor dogs are probably very unhappy.

My trivial thing which I am sure will have been mentioned more than once but I will SAY IT AGAIN.... people reading their mobile phones weaving along the pavement.

Please, people, listen to me. Virtually nothing you have to read or send on your phone is that important. If there is something earth shatteringly vital you must read or send, stand to the side of the pavement and do your thing. I am utterly fed up of dodging people who aren't watching where they are going,
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way footballers (in this case Liverpool player Steven Gerrard) being described as "heroes".
    Has he found a cure for cancer ? No
    Has he rescued people from a burning building ? No.
    He kicks a ball around and gets paid an obscene amount of money - as they ALL do.
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every damn time....go for breakfast, huge place with loads of empty tables - WHY do the chavvy family with obligatory screaming brats park themselves right next to us?
  • CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every damn time....go for breakfast, huge place with loads of empty tables - WHY do the chavvy family with obligatory screaming brats park themselves right next to us?

I would nominate this for "post of the thread" save for two points - firstly, it`s not a trivial thing,and secondly, it`s not trivial thing. now I know that`s the same point, but it was such a good one I thought it worth making twice. (As Kryten put it)
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carol Klein on Gardeners World irritates me to the point of screaming . Her OTT excitement when she sees a daisy and her ridiculous giggling at everything anyone says is beyond annoying
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way footballers (in this case Liverpool player Steven Gerrard) being described as "heroes".
    He kicks a ball around and gets paid an obscene amount of money - as they ALL do.

They are heroes to some in the same way Bruce Lee is a hero to you.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    duckylucky wrote: »
    Carol Klein on Gardeners World irritates me to the point of screaming . Her OTT excitement when she sees a daisy and her ridiculous giggling at everything anyone says is beyond annoying

I find her voice so irritating it makes me want to throw something at the tv. I'd like to watch the programme but I really can't because of her. She's also very patronizing which I can't abide. Where do they find these people? Just because she's good at what she does, it doesn't make her an ideal presenter.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

I think it is a hero to the football community and not a genuine real life hero, Gerrard is a hero to a Liverpool fan, But that same fan probably wouldn't class Gerrard in the same way as he would say a man who saved a baby from a burning car

It is a 'football hero' vs 'real life hero'
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who stand outside their front doors with a **** in one hand and a mobile phone in the other. Why is it always a skinny, scruffy ill-looking bloke and a grossly overweight woman?
  • FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    People who stand outside their front doors with a **** in one hand and a mobile phone in the other. Why is it always a skinny, scruffy ill-looking bloke and a grossly overweight woman?

Normally in a pink fluffy dressing gown
    Forum Member
    Fanielle wrote: »
    Normally in a pink fluffy dressing gown

Shouting 'Chardonnay, come back here'.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    :
    Shouting 'Chardonnay, come back here'.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Or, more than likely, " ...., come back 'ere"! :D
  • Carbon ProductsCarbon Products Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Got in touch with my boss requesting some holiday time on Monday. "Yeah sure, I'll get back to you on Wednesday." Still waiting. Grrr.
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    :

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Or, more than likely, " ...., come back 'ere"! :D

I was suspended for using 'inappropriate language' last week. I have to play self, but I do agree with you. :)
This discussion has been closed.