Peter Kay's Car Share (iPlayer - All Episode Discussion + Spoilers)

Comments

• wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,771
    Forum Member
    Did anyone notice the car number plate during the 'Rush Hour' dream sequence?

'2getha4eva'.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    Did anyone notice the car number plate during the 'Rush Hour' dream sequence?

'2getha4eva'.

Sian looked so much different in that scene, still very attractive with hair and makeup but older.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I didn't even notice until it was pointed out on here.

Neither did I, it seems such an obscure detail to pick on.
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Nice to come on here and see lots of fans of the show. I don't know about you but I seem to be in a minority of one. Other people I have spoken to just don't get it. A mate of mine said he watched the first ten minutes of episode one and found it boring as it was just two people sitting in a car. Mind you the same friend found The Royle Family and The Office boring as it was just people sitting around. I think he forgets to listen! Other I have spoken to say its boring. Personally I have loved it. There is something about it. You just have to get the subtle humour really.
    you've hit the nail on the head with your last sentence. some people just don't 'get' comedy that is subtle, nuanced and not 'in your face.' they're not wrong, you're not right ... we all have different tastes and 'get' or don't get different things in life, hence forums like this :)

personally i loved it, as i did the office, oh and the royle family ;)

I *get* subtle comedy, and I loved The Office (before Ricky Gervais' ego got the better of him) and Royle Family, but Car Share wasn't at all funny for me.
  • Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    DVDfever wrote: »
    I *get* subtle comedy, and I loved The Office (before Ricky Gervais' ego got the better of him) and Royle Family, but Car Share wasn't at all funny for me.

Yep for those who have followed this thread and seen your review I think we get the message that you didn't find it funny...each to their own and all that ....now do one lol! :o:p
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginger1 wrote: »
    Yep for those who have followed this thread and seen your review I think we get the message that you didn't find it funny...each to their own and all that ....now do one lol! :o:p

Oh ok.. so you need to approve of a program to comment on this forum.. well that`s 90% of all comments voided then
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember anything like that I just remember her complaining about him not including her when he was including the blonde who he was chatting to. What did he say about including Kayleigh in the team?

He didn't actually say it. Just "wait and see" or words to that effect. But it suggested to me that it was going to be a yes and he was just making her wait.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great series.

I don't know why people are describing it as "subtle". While not "in your face" like Mr Kays other (excellent) work, it was mile of subtle.

My favourite episode was the "Episode 3" with Reece Shearsmith as the fishmonger. Spoilt by the appalling "gag" of John being in the box. Seriously? I can only imagine something went wrong with the original script and they had 5 mins to improvise.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would hope that the writers are frantically writing a Christmas special.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    Great series.

I don't know why people are describing it as "subtle". While not "in your face" like Mr Kays other (excellent) work, it was mile of subtle.

My favourite episode was the "Episode 3" with Reece Shearsmith as the fishmonger. Spoilt by the appalling "gag" of John being in the box. Seriously? I can only imagine something went wrong with the original script and they had 5 mins to improvise.

The gag in the box setup was funny. "Whatever you've got I hope that shifts it" was a great line.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was funny in parts. It wasn't Office or Extras or Royle Family levels of funny but the comedy was classic Peter Kay.
  • MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never got Peter Kay as a stand up. His memories of childhood don't relate to mine at all. Whether that's the North/SE divide or generation, I don't know. Therefore I've never watched Phoenix Nights.
    I arrived at work to be greeted with "Garlic Bread?" Gaaarrrlic Bread"? Didn't know what they were talking about.

The TV was still winding when "Car Share" Ep 5 came on. I looked and listened because I can hear an "actor" at 5000 metres and I cannot stand acting, and these two weren't acting.
    I just loved it.

The boy from UNI pushing the trollies made me laugh as much as Del Boy and the Bic/Pen.
    I watched 4 episodes while Euro whatsit was on then 6 live.

Loved it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did no one notice the Missing sign?
    Board with a photo,
    Husband Missing.
    Last seen
    in a
    ****!
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    He didn't actually say it. Just "wait and see" or words to that effect. But it suggested to me that it was going to be a yes and he was just making her wait.

Thanks for that. I wasn't implying you were wrong I just wondered what he'd said that implied that :confused:
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Mutter wrote: »
    Board with a photo,
    Husband Missing.
    Last seen
    in a
    ****!

Yes it was noticed and commented on when the episode aired.
    Those who watched it all on Iplayer before it aired on TV tried not to comment too much on specific gags.
    Forum Member
    Board with a photo,
    Husband Missing.
    Last seen
    in a
    ****!

Yes, a few people commented on it at the time - whenever the episode was shown.
    Forum Member
    It was funny in parts. It wasn't Office or Extras or Royle Family levels of funny .

I agree with that. I didn't find the first episode even mildly funny myself but stuck with it as others said further episodes were better. I'm glad I did but again didn't find episode 5 in the least amusing and didn't enjoy it - sometimes I've watched sitcoms on TV that I haven't found very funny but have enjoyed watching nevertheless. Apart from those 2 episodes I really enjoyed it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, a few people commented on it at the time - whenever the episode was shown.
    Not all of us, Natural Dancer, are glued to our sets every hour of every day. Not all of us follow here every hour.
    You might, I do not.
    Forum Member
    Not all of us, Natural Dancer, are glued to our sets every hour of every day. Not all of us follow here every hour.
    You might, I do not.

FM didn't say anything about been glued to sets, nor following here (threads/ds??) every hour.
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ginger1 wrote: »

I refer my honourable forum member to the review I posted some weeks ag... oh, you've seen it :D
    I've never got Peter Kay as a stand up. His memories of childhood don't relate to mine at all. Whether that's the North/SE divide or generation, I don't know. Therefore I've never watched Phoenix Nights.
    I arrived at work to be greeted with "Garlic Bread?" Gaaarrrlic Bread"? Didn't know what they were talking about.

That's a reference to one particular episode of Not Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights. Series 2's first episode, if I remember correctly. Or a different episode if I have not.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Board with a photo,
    Husband Missing.
    Last seen
    in a
    ****!

I am going to have to watch these over and over again. Seems I have missed loads of bit's.

Edit. I did notice a lorry with Phoenix written on the side of it :D
    Forum Member
    I refer my honourable forum member to the review I posted some weeks ag... oh, you've seen it :D

Some of us 'of a certain age' can remember a time when parents used to say
    'will you stop showing off' it's a phrase that's gone out of fashion sadly...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM didn't say anything about been glued to sets, nor following here (threads/ds??) every hour.
    No but I did!
    I have no time to watch every new series but it seems FM expects us to. Snort down the nose that some of us didn't catch it first time around. So I didn't watch first time around?
    Guess what? I was probably involved with my family and friends at the time. Doing normal stuff rather than posting here.

Oh and since when Prince, did you become FM's monkey to their Organ Grinder?
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Peter expected your childhood to be like his, Mutter. Only a few days after seeing him trying to sort his satnav, I was travelling with my brother and he having a similar argument with his and he hadn't seen it yet.