Voting breakdown

Does anyone know if the number of votes cast, and the breakdown of how many votes each contestant got, are published? (either officially by the Beeb, or less officially!). I'd be fascinated to see how the voting went in the final, particularly if Pamela was way behind or lost by a whisker, and the same with Kara and Matt in the final leg.

Comments

• pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    The BBC never make voting figures public.

(You should put a question mark at the end of your thread title)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    has anyone ever tried to do a freedom of information request?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Wonder if it would come under freedom of information ...? It's worth a try. I've read on DS before about the papers finding out about X Factor and other voting figures. Obviously one doesn't know how accurate that kind of thing might be, but I'd be interested.
  • Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    We don't even know the final finishing order. Was it Scott or Gavin who was fourth ? Presumably Scott because Gavin's name was announced first. And that's another thing, when Bruce or Tess say that names are announced in no particular order, that must be a little lie because clearly the sequence is designed for dramatic effect.
    Forum Member
    Wonder if it would come under freedom of information ...? It's worth a try. I've read on DS before about the papers finding out about X Factor and other voting figures. Obviously one doesn't know how accurate that kind of thing might be, but I'd be interested.

ITV publish the X-Factor figures, and those for the jungle. We know they are true, they even showed that Mary outvoted Cher in the semi-final. Something that I'm sure some people would have wanted to keep secret. Shame on the BBC for not following suit.
  • deisegirldeisegirl Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvaddict37 wrote: »

There's something on the website along the lines of "it doesn't count as FOI so go away!!!" OK I'm paraphrasing but that's the gist of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SCD voting figures are exempt from the Freedom of Information Act. Some posters have already tried (unsuccessfully) to request the figures.
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    tvaddict37 wrote: »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/foi/publication_scheme/excluded.shtml
    Excluded

The Freedom of Information Act does not apply to the BBC in the way it does to almost all public authorities in one significant respect. The Act recognises the different position of the BBC, as well as the other public service broadcasters covered by the Act (Channel 4, S4C and the Gaelic Media Service) by providing that it covers information "held for purposes other than those of journalism, art or literature". This means that the Act does not apply to material held for the purposes of creating the BBC's output (TV, radio, online etc), or material which supports and is closely associated with these creative activities.
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BEEB won't publish the figures because they say it would break the relationship they have with their stars. What they mean is the professionals not the celebrities. If people knew for example that Anton Du Beke had never been top of the public leaderboard in 7 years on SCD then the BEEB would fear that could affect future voting patterns.
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pasodabble wrote: »
    The BBC never make voting figures public.

(You should put a question mark at the end of your thread title)

I'm surpried that they didn't ever publish the voting figures for the two series of Fame Academy (which was ditched for SCD) as the participants were non professionals unlike SCD. I doubt that as many vote on SCD as on the X Factor and that may also be the reason they don't publish as it would be embarrassing how many few vote on SCD. It doesn't really take a genius to work out who is at the top or bottom each week every year buit still the BEEB would be better in the long run to reveal the figures.
    Forum Member
    They did publish the voting figures for Sports Personality of the Year
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dancing on Ice release the votes each year, yet Strictly Come Dancing doesn't. They both rely on celebrities learning a new skill so why is one ok to release figures and one not?
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatima502 wrote: »
    They did publish the voting figures for Sports Personality of the Year

Exactly - and very quickly too. So why not for SCD now that is over too.
    Forum Member
    The BEEB won't publish the figures because they say it would break the relationship they have with their stars. What they mean is the professionals not the celebrities. If people knew for example that Anton Du Beke had never been top of the public leaderboard in 7 years on SCD then the BEEB would fear that could affect future voting patterns.

If that is the reason it's quite weak, after all we see the judge's leaderboard every week and I don't think Anton ever has topped that either.

At least they could release the votes of the finalists