Options

EE - unintentionally funny subtitles

JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
Forum Member
I've mentioned this in another thread already, but did anyone else notice how the subtitles for Pat's final scene were unintentionally funny, as when David walked back through the bedroom door, the subtitles read "PAT CROAKS" - and I thought "That's a bit disrespectful! And I'm sure she's still talking!" Not the best interpretion of Pat greeting David on his return! :D

Comments

• Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That subtitle had me in stitches! My MIL always has subtitles up, think i'll start doing it now too, just for the comedy value!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    "Pat croaks" has made it into the Radio Times too - see p143 of the 14-20 January issue. (OK, so it was me who emailed the RT but I'm not really trying to show off!) ;)
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    misterC22 wrote: »
    "Pat croaks" has made it into the Radio Times too - see p143 of the 14-20 January issue. (OK, so it was me who emailed the RT but I'm not really trying to show off!) ;)

Welcome to DS. :)

Did you spot that one too then? :) Or did you read all about it here first? ;):D

Well done for getting into the RT anyway - will take a look at that! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jayma wrote: »
    Welcome to DS. :)

Did you spot that one too then? :) Or did you read all about it here first? ;):D

I spotted the subtitles in the Eastenders omnibus, then went online to see if it had been picked up elsewhere. That brought me to DS!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    First - apologies Jayma for not thanking you for the welcome.:o

Second - it seems I mucked up the quote thingy. I should have done Preview Post first!:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    I always chuckle at (PANTS) as a subtitle. I get that there is no other way to write it but it just gets me everytime.

Maybe slightly childish but hey, if it makes me laugh I couldnt care less.

I missed the (Pat Croaks) subtitle and I always have subtitles on as I work with deaf adults and it's just become habit at home now...

Looking forward to future posts on this thread :)
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    misterC22 wrote: »

lol, well done :D