Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 (9)

Comments

• He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Noob tubes are useless for me. I've tried them out on one of my assualt classes but they get me killed more often than not because of the slowness of switching to and from them.

Game seems to be playing a lot better for me now. I seem to be getting killed more by quickscopers and domination campers than in 1 on 1 situations like before.

Was playing Plaza earlier on domination and 1 little b***ard managed to get in to our spawn at C and up the ladders to the sniper point over looking B. The problem with that is there's only 1 way up to that point and at the top of the ladder theres a wall that is perfect for head glitching. The little f**ker just sat up their for the entire match with his flak jacket sponging my grenades.I quit out when he got a support chopper, i was done.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Noob tubes are lethal again, one-hit lethal, even at range. The only thing that's changed from CoD4/MW2 is the firing arc is a bit shallower. They're a nightmare in objective games. We played DOM on Hijacked earlier - they had the B flag and we just couldn't retake it. As soon as we got on it they had a couple of people up on one of the balconys raining grenades down on us. Used Flak Jacket, got blown to bits. Used a trophy system, got blown to bits. Used the shield, got blown to bits.

Also had one little pr*ck running around with one of the launchers and constantly firing it into the ground as soon as he ran into one of us. FFS.

I'm also incredibly sick of being spawned next to exploding cars. Three times tonight. I think that's more than in any previous CoD title combined.
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »
    I'm also incredibly sick of being spawned next to exploding cars. Three times tonight. I think that's more than in any previous CoD title combined.

Me too. I also seem to spawn in to lightning strikes all the time.

Another thing thats doing my head in is Ghost. It's really f**ked up now. They've made it so you have to keep on the move to stay invisible.This was done to stop camping, great, except now we have the exact opposite, people running around the maps with lightweight, shotguns or sub machine guns..... I think i prefered the campers.
    Forum Member
    To be a little more positive, i played some hardcore search and destroy earlier and i was on a team of 5 welsh girls and the opposite team was a group of chavs. The banter between the two groups was hilarious.

Chav: Are you a girl
    Welsh girl: yes
    Chav: where u from?
    Welsh girl: Wales.
    Chav: Wales? There are no famous people from wales, only ryan giggs
    Welsh girl: Ha ha ah. Think again!

and.

Chav: I've just been killed by a welsh girl, life doesn't get any lower than this. I think i'm going to kill myself.

:D
    Forum Member
    I think there's a lot of ideas in the game that sound great on paper. Sadly, in-game, they're turning out to be less than stellar. Ghost is one example, yeah, great - so now they can have Lightweight, Ghost, Cold-blooded, Toughness, Dexterity and Extreme Conditioning all on one loadout? Genius. Combine those with a shotgun or SMG and they're off to the races, don't even need any attachments or grenades.

I really can't think of a CoD MP that I've enjoyed less than this one. Sadly, this one's going to end up being the same as MW3 - just far too much wrong with it for there to be any hope of it being fixed.
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    To be a little more positive, i played some hardcore search and destroy earlier and i was on a team of 5 welsh girls and the opposite team was a group of chavs. The banter between the two groups was hilarious.

Chav: Are you a girl
    Welsh girl: yes
    Chav: where u from?
    Welsh girl: Wales.
    Chav: Wales? There are no famous people from wales, only ryan giggs
    Welsh girl: Ha ha ah. Think again!

and.

Chav: I've just been killed by a welsh girl, life doesn't get any lower than this. I think i'm going to kill myself.

To be honest, we're usually in party chat, but when I'm on solo, the lobbies just appear to be deadly quiet. Perhaps I'm just unlucky, but more often than not these days, less than half of the people in the lobby have a mic on, and even those that do rarely say anything. A long way from the banter of CoD4, and the trash-talking of every CoD since! :D
    Forum Member

To be honest, we're usually in party chat, but when I'm on solo, the lobbies just appear to be deadly quiet. Perhaps I'm just unlucky, but more often than not these days, less than half of the people in the lobby have a mic on, and even those that do rarely say anything. A long way from the banter of CoD4, and the trash-talking of every CoD since! :D

Depends what you play. Search and Destroy forces game chat as party chat isn't allowed for obvious reasons. Plus, you spend most of your time dead watching the game so people tend to analyise how they died like "how the f**k did that nade hit me, i was in a building!". It's great for lazy sunday afternoons when you want to play a few games but don't want the intesity of other fast paced game modes.

At one stage it's all the old DS guard used to play when i joined games with them on Cod4.

I'm enjoying this game a bit now. I wouldn't go as far to say it was as bad as mw3, or even mw2 for that matter. I would probably put it just behind black ops 1 at the moment. It does have some bad points and good points. All they need to do for me is sort out the hit detection and do something about the lag comp, then i'm golden.
    Forum Member
    Saw someone at 7th prestige today (i think it was 7th?). He got some major abuse in the lobby for being a no lifer.

If i had loads of time on my hands and i played the game a lot, i would still stick at prestige level 1 or 2 for a while just to prevent something like this happening. It's like wearing a 'i'm a virgin' badge to a night out with the boys.
    Forum Member
    I'll probably stick with it for a few more weeks and see what happens. If the resale value looks like it's dropping quickly then I may trade it in sooner rather than later.

The one glimmer of hope with the game is that BlOps was terrible for the first month after release and that eventually turned out to be pretty great. Of course the flipside of that though is that MW3 was absolutely atrocious from start to finish, without ever getting fixed.

7th prestige? There was a story earlier about a guy beating the world record for playing CoD - something stupid like 6 days straight (with short rest periods) - and how by the time he'd finished he was #29 on the leaderboard. Poor fella, all that, and couldn't even break into the top 10...... :D
    Forum Member
    There was a guy on Gamefaqs who was at Master Prestige who, to prove he wasn't a sad git posted a youtube video of his hot girlfriend.

Hilarious to think people have to post proof that they have a life when they have clearly demonstrated that they have played a video game for at least 12 hours a day for the last 10 days.
    7th prestige? There was a story earlier about a guy beating the world record for playing CoD - something stupid like 6 days straight (with short rest periods) - and how by the time he'd finished he was #29 on the leaderboard. Poor fella, all that, and couldn't even break into the top 10...... :D

If there's one thing that online gaming will teach you it's that no matter how much of a no life loser you are,there's always someone else to out loser you.:p
    Forum Member
    He probably wowed her with his master prestige tag and killer K/D and W/L ratios......! :D
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member

I've turned my mic off for this game as its making me swear too much due to getting killed all the time :D
    Forum Member
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    I've turned my mic off for this game as its making me swear too much due to getting killed all the time :D

As a joke we floated the idea of a communal swear-box. We figure that one late night session will likely be enough to pay for a night out for us all at Christmas....
    Forum Member
    Caltonfan wrote: »

I do that, but i'm normally swearing at my own team mates.

I wish there was some sort of leader function which would allow me to grab my team mates by the scuff of their collars and drag them with me into the fight. A bit like the guys who used to stand in the trenches in WW2 that would shoot anyone who didn't push forward.
    Forum Member
    A bit like the guys who used to stand in the trenches in WW2 and shoot anyone who didn't push forward.

Enemy at the Gates - one machine gun per infantry unit, and only to be used on anyone trying to retreat! :D See, the Russians have the right idea....
    Forum Member
    That would be an awesome game mode. 9 vs 9 and only 2 people per team starts with a gun,a rifle, with 12 bullets and each person as an ammo clip with another 12 bullets.

Carnage.

It would probably end up with the gun carriers camping while everyone else has a huge knife battle at the B objective.:(
    Forum Member
    One of the reasons why HC's so great - anyone caught camping at the back of the map gets a bullet in the back of the head, team mate or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be an awesome game mode. 9 vs 9 and only 2 people per team starts with a gun,a rifle, with 12 bullets and each person as an ammo clip with another 12 bullets.

Carnage.

It would probably end up with the gun carriers camping while everyone else has a huge knife battle at the B objective.:(

They should introduce slappers only from goldeneye N64 where no guns are allowed just melee attacks

It would end camping at the least
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    They should introduce slappers only from goldeneye N64 where no guns are allowed just melee attacks

I guarantee you it wouldn't.

I've had it before now where I've run past an area only to have someone jump out behind me and stab me as I run past. Grass, bins, basically anything that they can hide behind.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »

Hey I do this ... And it's more successful than you think. Maybe the never bring a knife to a gun fight isn't true. But I'm sur they proved that right on myth busters
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will be the first Blop's game that I Prestige on. I didn't bother doing it on the original game. I wasn't really into it tbh.
    Forum Member
    First game of the day, first spawn, exploding car. Second spawn, lightning strike. Genius, you couldn't make this cr*p up.

Treyarch really do suck. I thought they were past this sh*t after the original BlOps.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Why is the season pass almost £10 more expensive on PS3 than 360? £41.99 has got to be a misprice? :eek: I though it was going to be £34.99?
  • Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Why is the season pass almost £10 more expensive on PS3 than 360? £41.99 has got to be a misprice? :eek: I though it was going to be £34.99?

I think us PS3 owners have it bad overall. I'm guessing the game is also better on the 360.
    Forum Member
    Titan9 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the game is also better on the 360.

I think the phrase you're looking for is "marginally less sh*t".