Virgin broadband and telephone, big mistake

jbiggsjbiggs Posts: 563
Forum Member
✭✭
Moved recently from AOL. Taken 30mb deal and after so much promisses of no bufering any more, I see not much difference from my previous 6Mb on AOL. It still bufers and sometimes takes long time to download. I was told that speed will not be afected by peak hours, t's not true. Fibre opctic is only ordinary hub, second laptot never gets proper speed. I could put up with that but telephone. Any conection, even local, is charge I think 14p, local call is 8p per minute and I'm so upset. Before on AOL didn;t pay for UK calls and now telehone bill is same like 15 years ago when BT had monopoly on prices. As there any legal way of geting out of contact?

Comments

• jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Before I made the sensible move from VM to BT, I was on the 10Mbps package, and the speed was very consistent. It might be worth asking them to check your line (make sure you're sitting comfortably before you ring customer services). Or it may have something to do with the number of devices using the service...

VM offer various phone packages, and they're always keen to answer upgrade requests:

http://store.virginmedia.com/phone.html

Most companies are forced to offer free cancellation if they want to change the terms of the contract. Wait until you get a letter telling you they're putting the prices up; somewhere, tucked away, it should say that if you're not happy with the change you can cancel without penalty. It'll tell you the time limit for doing so: ten days or two weeks, maybe.
  • jbiggsjbiggs Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's quite alright ...we all seek advice sometimes.
  • Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,781
    Forum Member
    Get your internet connection sorted and go over to a VOIP phone, the virgin service is poor, the connection charge is the big rip-off with them.

If there is a power cut the phone line always went down because they had no battery back-up in the cabinet.