This competition is no longer jugded on vocals...

itsJoeitsJoe Posts: 2,563
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Carolynne, Rylan miles apart. Carolynne sang beautifully and Rylan just cant sing, Louis sends it to deadlock and Carolynne is eliminted... Where is the logic please?

Comments

• Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it ever judged by vocals?
    The public can vote for whatever reason they want and as cruel as the result was in terms of the way Louis changed his mind, she did get the fewest votes.
    At least she had a chance to sing-off.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's been the same way since the year Jedward were on the show. I can't remember the year before, but maybe there were joke acts even before the twins.

Carolynn sang better than Rylan in the sing-off (imo) but this show likes the underdog too becasue it annoys certain judges.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Really? Jeez, never knew that me.
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are forgetting chico here. who got in the finals ahead of a way more talented singer.The show has never been a singing contest, its a Tv entertainment show Carolyn was boring, average and would not have won.I knew after that awful song, she was out.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,209
    Forum Member
    Hasn't this happened before - Poor Paije and Mary sent home to save the chavette that is Cher Lloyd
  • P BarnardP Barnard Posts: 2,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    Hasn't this happened before - Poor Paije and Mary sent home to save the chavette that is Cher Lloyd

Yes but Carolynne was good enough to be a potential finalist. No other contestant as good as Carolyyne has gone out first round!
    Forum Member
    P Barnard wrote: »
    Yes but Carolynne was good enough to be a potential finalist. No other contestant as good as Carolyyne has gone out first round!

true - but the previous two occasions still stink to high heavan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *gasp*
  • ageappropriateageappropriate Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    footygirl wrote: »

And all those times Katie Waissel was saved when she was clearly getting the least votes once they were released at the end of the series.
    Forum Member
    And all those times Katie Waissel was saved when she was clearly getting the least votes once they were released at the end of the series.

i bet OFCOM will be inundated now - the fault lies for me with the producers who are coming over as control freaks