Options

Anti-Muslim attacks are spiking; Patriot group calls for mosques to be burnt down

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
Forum Member
✭✭✭
On the "True British Patriots" Facebook page, there were calls for mosques in Watford in Hertfordshire and Morden, south London, to be burned down.

Police deploy extra patrols to Islamic sites as people report verbal, physical and online abuse, including threats to kill. The Metropolitan police put 1,200 more officers on the street on Thursday, with extra patrols deployed to mosques and religious sites as far-right groups reacted to the tragedy.

We can't allow the voices of [the British National party leader] Nick Griffin and the far right to become louder than ours in the coming days," Julie Siddiqi, of the Islamic Society of Britain, told Radio 4's Today programme. "All of the Muslim organisations have come out with the strongest possible terms to say there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever, no justification for anything like this."

But Mughal warned: "I think the damage has been done." He said his own address had been posted on Twitter, with users invited to shoot him.

https://twitter.com/MINABUK/status/337494565865005056/photo/1

Comments

• Options
    General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time to start using Enoch Powell quotes as signatures.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the news OP, but what are your views on it? Given that's what this forum is really all about?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    Thanks for the news OP, but what are your views on it? Given that's what this forum is really all about?

Seems like things are going to get worse, not better as the vicious cycle spirals.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »

If that's what this forum is about, why are there posters who only post news links when some tragedy happens without giving their views on it?
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "True British Patriots"? If you hunt the internet for nutters you usually find them I suppose.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like things are going to get worse, not better as the vicious cycle spirals.

Thanks for your view. I always felt a forum is where we share our personal views, either as a topic off the top of our heads or driven by a news article or other source (such as your thread). It's cool to get the context of where you're coming from. I think it helps give the thread direction, so than you.

I agree. I think what could potentially happen (some of which already has started) is exactly the backlash and fire that the two that committed this atrocity wanted to instigate. I just hope we are collectively better than to fall into their hands and rise above it.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    On the "True British Patriots" Facebook page, there were calls for mosques in Watford in Hertfordshire and Morden, south London, to be burned down.

Police deploy extra patrols to Islamic sites as people report verbal, physical and online abuse, including threats to kill. The Metropolitan police put 1,200 more officers on the street on Thursday, with extra patrols deployed to mosques and religious sites as far-right groups reacted to the tragedy.

We can't allow the voices of [the British National party leader] Nick Griffin and the far right to become louder than ours in the coming days," Julie Siddiqi, of the Islamic Society of Britain, told Radio 4's Today programme. "All of the Muslim organisations have come out with the strongest possible terms to say there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever, no justification for anything like this."

But Mughal warned: "I think the damage has been done." He said his own address had been posted on Twitter, with users invited to shoot him.

Hi hun. Haven't you got anything better to do tonight than post a load of inflammatory espoo? You really ought to get out more, get a life and get a hobby. Even obsessive trainspotting would be a vast improvement on the bilge that you're now reposting.
  • Options
    DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not shocked at all, I think these "groups" want to burn down a mosque knowing it will tea off moderate, normal and casual Muslims and start a riot on the streets.

A few EDL members have planned this in the past and failed, one was recently jailed.
  • Options
    PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My view: This country is turning to shit. I hope it all settles down soon but it looks like its close to really kicking off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How boring.

I always imagine a meeting of the EDL involves a load of sad angry men having a circle jerk while fantasising about some civil war in which they finally show the world they're not completely shit at everything in life, by defeating all the muslims in a massive battle in tower hamlets.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    proviso wrote: »
    How boring.

I always imagine a meeting of the EDL involves a load of sad angry men having a circle jerk while fantasising about some civil war in which they finally show the world they're not completely shit at everything in life, by defeating all the muslims in a massive battle in tower hamlets.

That's how I've always seen it as well. I remember when the news broke about Anders Breivik, the EDL forums went crazy saying it must have been the "muzzies". The usual hollow threats were issued, along with the usual knuckle dragging rhetoric. As it started to filter through that he was actually a white man who identified with the EDL and their views, the tone became rather panicked, to the point where they locked down the forum and prevented public access.

The sort of reaction i'd expect from a group of brain dead cowards really.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you have an OCD problem - starting anti-British thread after anti-British thread, it puts you on the same level as anti-Muslim posters. In fact, I think someone should start a thread titled "Can we compare Cloudymountain to anti-Muslim posters?"
  • Options
    Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    proviso wrote: »
    How boring.

Think you have it down to a tee. And I'd say the same for Muslim extremist groups.

Sometimes I want to do the simplest thing like bang their heads together and say "grow up, lads."
  • Options
    Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DomJolly wrote: »
    Not shocked at all, I think these "groups" want to burn down a mosque knowing it will tea off moderate, normal and casual Muslims and start a riot on the streets.

A few EDL members have planned this in the past and failed, one was recently jailed.

There was a successful arson attack on a mosque in Stoke,

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Mosque-arson-accused-s-links-far-right-parties/story-14069442-detail/story.html

An EDL member who was a serving soldier was convicted.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    we`ll always have a a particularly dim section of society.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I am just going to carry on with my life and business. Shocking though it was, it is yesterday's news and I actually think most people will think this. So stop posting your crap op and do the same.
  • Options
    KnifeEdgeKnifeEdge Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then the 2 murderers of Lee Rigby have got exactly what they wanted. War in this country.
    People have been baited to carry on where they left off, and such idiotic people have fallen right into their trap!
    THATS why they hung around after the murder.And its worked!
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KnifeEdge wrote: »
    Then the 2 murderers of Lee Rigby have got exactly what they wanted. War in this country.
    People have been baited to carry on where they left off, and such idiotic people have fallen right into their trap!

Indeed. Essentially, the EDL are pursuing a policy of appeasement by giving them the division and conflict they crave.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There have been a few threads started in the last couple of days citing Facebook or using it as the initial source. Funny how it's where all the nationalist nutters seem to live. Anti-social network.
  • Options
    CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    My view: This country is turning to shit. I hope it all settles down soon but it looks like its close to really kicking off.

It is not going to stop, the terrorist attack on Wednesday coupled with the documentary on Muslim grooming gangs of young white girls have caused in my view irreparable damage...it is just going to take one more terrorist attack in the name of Islam to cause all out urban civil war. Even some members of the Police force I feel are starting to weaken their stance on protecting Muslim communities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KnifeEdge wrote: »

Exactly. They want people to react and Sadly they do which has you say fall into their trap. Groups like EDL don't really need a reason to attack . In doing what they doing they are no better than the ones who attacked lee Rigby. Here's an idea. When attacks like this happen. Don't react. Just get on with your life. Thats how to beat them.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Exactly. They want people to react and Sadly they do which has you say fall into their trap. Groups like EDL don't really need a reason to attack . In doing what they doing they are no better than the ones who attacked lee Rigby. Here's an idea. When attacks like this happen. Don't react. Just get on with your life. Thats how to beat them.

I really don't think the EDL care. It's an excuse to get rowdy and nothing more.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    I really don't think the EDL care. It's an excuse to get rowdy and nothing more.

They don't care. Its basically national front under a new name.
  • Options
    Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    That Twitter screen grab is awful. Wanting to burn buildings full of people because of their religion? These scumbags are probably too thick to realise the word "terrorism" fits that nicely.