Options

Southcliffe

Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a502050/joe-dempsie-southcliffe-interview-channel-4s-harrowing-new-drama.html

It starts this Sunday (August 4th) at 9pm.

It sounds very interesting, I will definitely be watching.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone heard anymore about it?
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Article in The Guardian last week.

Looks worth checking out - I've not watched either The Fall or Broadchurch so maybe its time I took a look at the latest stab in "Gritty Drama".
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has an excellant cast list, including the wondeful actor Sean Harris (Red Riding, Harry Brown)
    Anything with him in is worth a punt. ooh is like back in the 90's and John Simm.
  • Options
    MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It caught my interest because of Sean Harris too (love him in The Borgias), sounds like a good show so will definitely be giving it a watch on sunday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Article in The Guardian last week.

Looks worth checking out - I've not watched either The Fall or Broadchurch so maybe its time I took a look at the latest stab in "Gritty Drama".

Thanks for that, very interesting.

I've watched The Fall and Broadchurch but I don't think either of them are as close to being as harrowing as this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep reading write-ups about this. Looks very interesting.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gritty Bafta, Gritty Bafta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HXaj2IYYn8
  • Options
    Thommo1234Thommo1234 Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    yep me and the woman fancy watching this too :):):):):):):):):):):
  • Options
    ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shall be watching. Need something to replace my The Returned fix.:cry:
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've set a reminder for it, glad it's coming on because I was mourning the loss of The Returned on Sunday nights!:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's on on Monday as well :)
  • Options
    mw0390mw0390 Posts: 23,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in Faversham where it was filmed so will defo be watching, saw alot of it being filmed so will be interesting to see it on tv:)
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this :)

Anatol Yusef has a role - he plays Meyer Lansky in Boardwalk Empire. Very good actor.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this a follow up to Red Riding because a lot of the same cast are in this and I know there was meant to be a follow up?
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this a follow up to Red Riding because a lot of the same cast are in this and I know there was meant to be a follow up?

I thought it looked familiar.
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nope. Red Riding was set in 1970's Yorkshire while Southcliffe is in modern day Kent. Different subject matters, too, from the looks of it. The director, Sean Durkin, is a young guy who has only directed a few things before.

Rory Kinnear, Shirley Henderson, Joe Dempsie, Anatol Yusef, Coral Amiga, Kaya Scodelario and Paul Blackwell weren't in Red Riding. Sean Harris did play a corrupt police officer in Red Riding though.
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eddie Marsan was is in Red Riding, as the Jack White-something, the older hack that continually wound up the Eddie Dunford character. In the books his character's wife was "exorcised" by the Rev Laws, by way of a large nail into the skull. I think he saw angels a lot in his room at night.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't Effy from Skins in this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Isn't Effy from Skins in this?

Yeh I believe so :)

1 hour to go!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for those :)
  • Options
    LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea until just now that Sean Durkin - who directed Martha Marcy May Marlene - directed this mini-series. I'm definitely looking forward to it now. Just looking at the adverts, it looks very similar to Martha Marcy May Marlene visually. Great cast, too - Eddie Marsan, Rory Kinnear and Shirley Henderson to name a few.

Also, is Kaya Scodelario one of the victims? They show her at the beginning of the advert and she is nowhere to be seen after that. Are they pulling a Janet Leigh/Drew Barrymore on us?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here we go!
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here as well.. looks like an expy of Michael Ryan and that guy in Dunblane..
  • Options
    InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    omg is that the guy from prometheus?