That 8 piece boyband

13»

Comments

• EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They did nothing for me - just came across as 8 moderately competent solo boys in a sing off, taking a line each. But I'm hardly target audience as I'm not a 12 year old girl.

What really wound me up was the massive fuss the judges made about them, as if the saviours of rock and roll had walked onto the stage. They're a cash cow and it's going to ruin the series as week after week they get ridiculous praise for mediocre performances.
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    The whole thing is bullshit - they are crap pure and simple and the judges praise is merely pre marketing for their big push

Frankly I am astounded by some of the even faint praise for them on here
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats the point of having 8 similar guys in a group?
    If there are girls, boys like sclub I can understand, but this? Its just pointless.
  • Nox_1Nox_1 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Starzz123 wrote: »
    The more I watch them, the more I see it probably working, Simon's probably eyeing up the J-Pop/K-Pop trend in Asia and trying to bring it over to the West.

I'm glad someone said that as that is exactly what I was thinking. Even before the inevitable manufactured group, I didn't think Simon would want another five piece to challenge 1D. I thought if I were him I'd create a large group of good looking teen boys, which is exactly what he did, glam them up a bit, get them to move together (possibly dance eventually to make them different from 1D) which will give the teenies more boys to choose from.

Contrary to most people's belief, I reckon he could be onto something. The k-pop scene is huge and if Simon could get that going here, or even get the lads popular over there, then they could make him a lot of money.
  • emz15emz15 Posts: 31,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had only been together 24 hours give them a chance to gel they would have been with each other longer and had chance to bond and gel by the time judges houses and live shows. Was there live they were really good.