An Issue Has Been Resolved (Post TATM)

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Absolutely brilliant piece, but if Rory started in 1963 and died in 2000... he was 45 in TATM. Plausible?

Not sure myself as IIRC there was no actual mention of how old he was in that ep, so it could be plausible.

Headstone gave his age as 82.
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they raised River who was little girl "Mels" at the time, how could Mels be a little girl in Leadworth?

And also I'm pretty sure Sarah Jane would have realised she was a friend of the Doctor.

It's cool, but not very well thought out.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    And also I'm pretty sure Sarah Jane would have realised she was a friend of the Doctor.

Even if she did she would hardly have put that bit down in a newspaper report
  • dhdefenderdhdefender Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    Except the bringing up of Melody. Had they done that, it would entirely negate the psychopathy of her character, and therefore quite a large part of the Doctor's story.

A fair point. But Mels wasn't really a psychopath, she was just programmed to kill the Doctor. And Amy and Rory wouldn't worry about that, they know what happens in Germany.

Also, Melody could have been in quite a state when they found her, they could still have helped her.....

Also , somebody had to get Mels adopted by an English family in Ledworth....
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    Except the bringing up of Melody. Had they done that, it would entirely negate the psychopathy of her character, and therefore quite a large part of the Doctor's story.

You could read it though that this was a different girl that they adopted and named after their real daughter.