Melanie Sykes arrested and cautioned by police over an assault on her toyboy husband

123457»

Comments

• mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    i hope MS learns her lesson and tweets something along the lines of " i shell never again flaunt my private life on twitter"
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    It's funny how her husband is described as a toyboy but when a man has a younger wife it's seen as the norm and no comments are made about her being younger. That's really annoying to me as someone who's boyfriend is 11 years younger than me. It's double standards. And anyway, women live longer than men so it makes sense to be with a younger man :D
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    well well well no mention of hubby on her twitter profile anymore
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    well well well no mention of hubby on her twitter profile anymore

Not like her to be so quiet...
  • multisyncmultisync Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Listen we all make mistakes and have done stupid things -if only in hindsight.. Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all as they say.

be nice
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    It's funny how her husband is described as a toyboy but when a man has a younger wife it's seen as the norm and no comments are made about her being younger. That's really annoying to me as someone who's boyfriend is 11 years younger than me. It's double standards. And anyway, women live longer than men so it makes sense to be with a younger man :D

I agree, I don't have a toyboy or whatever it's called now, but it's so annoying the double standards.

if you're happy, then that's the important thing, instead of judging someone on a numerical number.
    men can have their 'toygirls' but that's OK, heaven help any woman who happens to fall for a younger man.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »

Don't agree. Bill Wyman and Mandy Smith? Ronnie Wood and which ever 30 something he's shacked up with. Hugh Hefner.

The age in the Sykes/Cocking saga is immaterial IMHO. The whole thing was pitiful from start to finish. Him 'hanging out the back' of her and her with 'the giddiest knickers' of her life. The whole thing was icky and clearly driven by sex with no emotional connection whatsoever.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »

To be fair to him, I'm shocked he kept his gob shut as long as he has!
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes me too, I suspect the paper made him an offer he obviously couldn't refuse.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair to him, I'm shocked he kept his gob shut as long as he has!

It's the timing for me. If he'd have sold his story a year ago when they split then fair enough but seems like he's now cashing in on her being back on prime time.

It's a pretty sordid tale all round tbf and think it's probably the reason she's doing the show to get her public image back on track
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't agree. Bill Wyman and Mandy Smith? Ronnie Wood and which ever 30 something he's shacked up with. Hugh Hefner.

Those comparisons are hardly fair. Isn't Bill Wyman the one who dated a child? People are not bothered that he dated a younger woman, they're disgusted that he dated a kid. Ronnie is 31 years older than his girlfriend and Hugh Hefner is 128 years older than his wife.

George Clooney dated a woman 18 years younger than him and I don't recall her being referred to as his toygirl. Leonardo DiCaprio dates plenty of women young enough to be his daughter, but no nicknames for him I don't think. Kelly Brooke dates around though and with younger guys and she's a desperate slag. Charming.
  • biomorph04biomorph04 Posts: 4,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I find shocking is that she is referred to as "The 43-year-old beauty".

Are good looking male celebs similarly labelled?

And would anyone dream of referencing someone as a 43 year old ugly?
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what a weasel
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biomorph04 wrote: »
    What I find shocking is that she is referred to as "The 43-year-old beauty".

Are good looking male celebs similarly labelled?

And would anyone dream of referencing someone as a 43 year old ugly?

According to the DM anyone over 40 is usually a fat old hag whose best years are long behind them. Anyone not ready to be put to pasture after their 39th birthday is treated as an anomaly
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    It's the timing for me. If he'd have sold his story a year ago when they split then fair enough but seems like he's now cashing in on her being back on prime time.

It's a pretty sordid tale all round tbf and think it's probably the reason she's doing the show to get her public image back on track

Yes, total cashing in. But, nature of the beast, zelebs, opportunism, cashing in when an opportunity presents itself. And this is the opportunity.

Bit sad for Mel though as, without condoning anything that happened - as you say, Blondie, pretty sordid tale all round - she's doing really well and seems really happy and grounded on IAC and this may impact on her popularity.
  • biomorph04biomorph04 Posts: 4,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole thing was icky and clearly driven by sex with no emotional connection whatsoever.

My assumption is that the whole thing was driven by a desire to generate a real life soap opera story for weekly magazine coverage.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read that story today in the paper. I find it funny how everyone is hating on the guy. She was the one who was arrested. He had marks across his face and neck from the attack.

If what he says is true my impression of her is - great girl, great personality, great mother, a mean and violent drunk.

She drinks a LOT. They went to marriage counselling and she walked out on the sessions. She made her lawyers remove the police caution from her public records.

On that note i would avoid someone like that like the plague. Too much hassle.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't mess with her.