✭✭✭
Another awful case involving vulnerable young girls

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30078503

Comments

• Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same old story. Gangs of men abusing girls with authorities doing nothing despite people telling them of the problem.

In this case two gangs were uncovered.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30078503
    The thirteen men were convicted of charges including rape, sexual activity with a child, facilitating child prostitution, trafficking and paying for the sexual services of a child.

Six were jailed following a trial during the summer. The remaining seven were convicted on Wednesday.

Details of the two cases - which showed grooming and abuse dating back to 2011 - can only now be revealed after reporting restrictions were lifted.

I notice they were of Somali background, I wonder if there was any sort of connection with the other gangs that were allowed to abuse other children. For those wishing to bury their head, please be careful of getting sand in your eyes.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very reasonable sentences. I think social services need to review policy of moving a minor to a flat in a city new to her with almost no supervision!

I wonder if that was on grounds of cost.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    They kept this one quiet!

Somali gangs.
  • Options
    NeverEnoughNeverEnough Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »
    They kept this one quiet!.

Yes. I wonder why there were reporting restrictions in place as it isn't really clear from the article? :confused:
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Look at the state of them, they look like a bunch of pirates. Should just boot them off the cliff at Dover.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I wonder why there were reporting restrictions in place as it isn't really clear from the article? :confused:

Because there were 2 trials. They couldn't report fully in the first until the second finished. That's normal when there are linked trials as reporting might influence the second trial.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The court heard some were persuaded to have sex with other gang members as they were told by the gang it was Somali "culture and tradition" and "men always have sex with each other's girlfriends".

Always nice to embrace cultures from abroad. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fred West told his children it was normal for fathers to break in their daughters. That doesn't mean he was truthfully representing English culture.
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh the never ending benefits of multi culturalism in the UK.

The gift that keeps on giving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fred West told his children it was normal for fathers to break in their daughters. That doesn't mean he was truthfully representing English culture.

I don't think that's really representive of Somali culture. In fact isn't adultery and per-marital sex frowned upon in Somali culture, at least in the Muslim areas?

In fact isn't adultery often punishable by death by stoning? For females anyway.....
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »

White Anglo Saxon Protestants would never do this...
  • Options
    wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

and the westminster establishment paedophile and alleged murders cover up continues .

i bet thats what the thailand,cambodian,viet nam public say about brits in their country
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,642
    Forum Member
    Bristol is a city.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wendy09 wrote: »
    i bet thats what the thailand,cambodian,viet nam public say about brits in their country

I know it's a disgrace and anyone caught carrying out similar crimes to this should be, without exception, imprisoned and then returned to their home country at the end of the sentence wouldn't we all agree? Regardless if the offence took place in Cambodia, Vietnam, or Bristol?
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

Of course they would and do.

Which is why we have no need to import any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think that's really representive of Somali culture. In fact isn't adultery and per-marital sex frowned upon in Somali culture, at least in the Muslim areas?

In fact isn't adultery often punishable by death by stoning? For females anyway.....

To be fair sexual customs anywhere are often more honoured in the breach than the observance....

If you google "Somali rape" you will find reports from Amnesty, Al jazerea and the UN. A culture of rape and abuse however is often established in war zones, refugee camps and where civil society has broken down. I do think we should offer more help to immigrant communities in dealing with some of the issues they may have faced and which are unresolved.
  • Options
    gocompletelynutgocompletelynut Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This puts paid to the Pakistani origin connection doesn't it.

It seems that the common link really is Islam and it's view on Kuffar women, and to do with them whatever they please.
  • Options
    LamparillaLamparilla Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Look at the state of them, they look like a bunch of pirates. Should just boot them off the cliff at Dover.

Now come on! Not an eye patch or parrot in sight!
  • Options
    Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This puts paid to the Pakistani origin connection doesn't it.

It seems that the common link really is Islam and it's view on Kuffar women, and to do with them whatever they please.

So many Muslim families are so petrified of their children (especially daughters) being "Westernized" they continually tell them how evil and easy so many Girls are, brainwashing them in the process.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at my Puffin Book Of Maps I see that Somalia is in Africa and not in Europe, why does the UK seem to house so many Somalians ?
  • Options
    Username_Username_ Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    I think most of us knew that the men wouldn't be british even before we saw the photo or read the article.......
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Username_ wrote: »
    I think most of us knew that the men wouldn't be british even before we saw the photo or read the article.......

Really? Why's that?
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed.
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

Not as a way of life they wouldn't...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    Not as a way of life they wouldn't...

Sidney cook gang

Westminster paedophilie set

Jimmy Savillle and friends

Priest abuse

Growing problem of rape within the British army

There are many groups of people who need to root out sexual offenders and look at whether they condone it, are in denial of a problem or are actively protecting them. That includes many groups within white, Asian and black communities.