Options

Funny Doctor Who moment.

Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm watching Doctor Who - Victory of the Daleks on the computer (with my headphones in), and the bit where they turn on the London lights, I just heard an older style air plane going over outside.

Comments

• Options
    lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rossby41 wrote: »
    I'm watching Doctor Who - Victory of the Daleks on the computer (with my headphones in), and the bit where they turn on the London lights, I just heard an older style air plane going over outside.

Was he in the Victory of the Daleks?:eek:

Sorry couldn't resist it:o

What do you mean with older style air plane? Something that is correct for the 1930's/1940's or something that is not. I must watch it again and listen out for it.
  • Options
    outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    Was he in the Victory of the Daleks?:eek:

Sorry couldn't resist it:o

What do you mean with older style air plane? Something that is correct for the 1930's/1940's or something that is not. I must watch it again and listen out for it.

I think that Rossby41 was watching the episode and an old-fashioned plane coincidentally flew overhead.

Much like that time when you were watching Dixon of Dock Green and the rozzers appeared at the door to arrest you for causing an affray.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    outside wrote: »
    I think that Rossby41 was watching the episode and an old-fashioned plane coincidentally flew overhead.

Much like that time when you were watching Dixon of Dock Green and the rozzers appeared at the door to arrest you for causing an affray.

You Sir are ruining my reputation.:mad:

Obviously I need the idiot explanation to understand it <doh>:o. Sorry OP, I had a blond moment, and I'm not even blond:eek:.
  • Options
    outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member

My sincerest apologies. :o

You were doing a perfectly good job on your own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sincerest apologies. :o

You were doing a perfectly good job on your own.

**reports outside for not contributing to the thread, because she doesn't know what else to say**

Anyway, my reputation is rock solid:p

To the OP: I wonder if anyone has a story like that to contribute.
  • Options
    DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member

To be fair Lach, there is very little left anyway!:o:D

*gets coat and edges slowly backwards toward the door*

Soz, couldn't resist!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    To be fair Lach, there is very little left anyway!:o:D

*gets coat and edges slowly backwards toward the door*

Soz, couldn't resist!:p

**spontaneously combasts**

Ah, who am I kidding:D. Who needs a reputation when you can have...... :o .... something else:D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to clarify, it was the older style plane with old rotary blades.
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or that time I was fired for skipping work to watch Boys from the Blackstuff? That time I suffered a serious psychosis while watching Takin' Over the Asylum? That time I became addicted to heroin while watching Requiem for a Dream? That time I slipped into a dangerous, comical fantasy world of my own creation while watching Dogtanian?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    That time I slipped into a dangerous, comical fantasy world of my own creation while watching Dogtanian?

Oh I can totally relate, man!:D
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Rossby41 wrote: »
    Just to clarify, it was the older style plane with old rotary blades.

Propellers? They're not a old-style technology - it's only the large airliners that use big ol' jet engines. Most smaller planes are still prop-driven.
  • Options
    lbearlbear Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Propellers? They're not a old-style technology - it's only the large airliners that use big ol' jet engines. Most smaller planes are still prop-driven.

Not only that, airlines are replacing 70-100 seat commuter jets with 100-130 seat turbo-prop ones because of the fuel savings.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Here's another funny Doctor Who moment. Its a great story I remember Tom Baker telling many many years ago:

"I remember, I was returning with a colleague from Blackpool on a Saturday afternoon and I wanted to see the episode being shown that day. So we stopped at a television shop and asked if we could watch the programme.

"The assistant said she was just closing, but we could go to her house nearby and see it. When we got there we found her two children glued to the programme which had just started. I sat down quietly.

"Suddenly one of the children looked across at me. The he looked back at the set. The he looked back at me again. He couldn't believe his eyes!"
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only funny Doctor Who moment I have is when we had a power cut halfway through it :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote: »
    Here's another funny Doctor Who moment. Its a great story I remember Tom Baker telling many many years ago:

"I remember, I was returning with a colleague from Blackpool on a Saturday afternoon and I wanted to see the episode being shown that day. So we stopped at a television shop and asked if we could watch the programme.

"The assistant said she was just closing, but we could go to her house nearby and see it. When we got there we found her two children glued to the programme which had just started. I sat down quietly.

"Suddenly one of the children looked across at me. The he looked back at the set. The he looked back at me again. He couldn't believe his eyes!"

I've always loved that story, and don't we all wish it had been us!

Being Tom though, I think we have to take much of it with a huge pinch of salt!:D
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    I've always loved that story, and don't we all wish it had been us!

Being Tom though, I think we have to take much of it with a huge pinch of salt!:D
    Of course that sort of thing wouldn't happen nowadays, because people would just put it on Iplayer when they got home :D
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Of course that sort of thing wouldn't happen nowadays, because people would just put it on Iplayer when they got home :D

You never know - you might get home, switch on the Iplayer, sit down to watch it, and there's Tom Baker standing in the corner of your room staring at you... Not doing anything else, just... staring.

And then you remember you have a life-size cardboard cut-out of him as the Doctor!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop nit picking you lot, you know what I mean.