2»

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluray wrote: »
    Strange.

I know people loved this but honestly, i just found it painful to watch.
    Awful script and stupid expectations on the audience - how were we supposed to feel something when the Star Wars guy got to sing when he'd hardly featured at all since his introduction?

Possibly the worst film i've seen in a long time.

I suppose I went in to it not really expecting much in the first place. As I said, it was just about to start so gave it a go. I find i can go in to films like this with my expectations "set" accordingly and get something out of it, regardless of what level that might be.

But different strokes for different folks i suppose ..
  • Options
    ShizukuShizuku Posts: 2,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange.

Awful script and stupid expectations on the audience - how were we supposed to feel something when the Star Wars guy got to sing when he'd hardly featured at all since his introduction?

Everyone in the cinema said 'awww' when that happened, so it worked for us.

I think everyone doesn't realise how tongue in cheek it is meant to be.

I went expecting it to be awful because the trailer didn't represent it very well and made it seem totally sincere and puke inducing, I was pleasantly suprised at how silly and lighthearted and that it was clearly laughing at itself swell.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I watched it twice at the cinema. I didn't think much of it the first time but loved it the second time. I thought all the songs were really well done.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    When i first Watched it i found it ok but then i watched it a 2nd time and loved it Fat amy is hilarious :D
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    When i first Watched it i found it ok but then i watched it a 2nd time and loved it Fat amy is hilarious :D

Yeh it's weird when films are like that. Much better than hating them the second time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was randomly nosing around on YouTube and found someone had uploaded the "cups" scene which I thought was very good - must have taken her ages to learn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcl_FkA0qJA

and just found this as well .. she does it live on Letterman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1708WI4RH-Q
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I absolutely loved it, Fat Amy was brilliant. For a film with relatively low budget it has done extremely well exceeding sales of 60,000,000 worldwide.
  • Options
    kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved this film and I'm wayy the wrong side of the target audience. The soundtrack features different versions of some of the main songs and is well worth getting.

I've probably watched it at least twice a week since I saw it on release :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange.

Shows you must have lost interest very early

Star wars guy (SWG now for short!) features at the start as the room mate. He auditions for the Treblemakers, but because they feel he's a bit weird (thanks to the way he introduced himself to Bumper says he's been a fan forever etc) he doesn't get in. Jesse notices at audition that he hadn't got in and even comments on it in surprise.

You see him then in his room sad because the groups are all at the initiation and he isn't invited.

You next see him at various points supporting in the audience. Then, at the semi finals event he realises after trying to chase after Beca that the lead singer of the group that got through is still at high schoo which is against the rulesl. This is what gives the opening for the Bardon Bella's to get back into the Finals.

Then, Bumper leaves to go sing backup on John Meyer's new cd... so Benji gets an opening. Jesse warns him not to be too wierd... and he's in and really happy for it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was randomly nosing around on YouTube and found someone had uploaded the "cups" scene which I thought was very good - must have taken her ages to learn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcl_FkA0qJA

and just found this as well .. she does it live on Letterman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1708WI4RH-Q

I hadn't seen the letterman clip. She is very talented.

Cheers :)
  • Options
    BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyresa wrote: »
    Shows you must have lost interest very early

Star wars guy (SWG now for short!) features at the start as the room mate. He auditions for the Treblemakers, but because they feel he's a bit weird (thanks to the way he introduced himself to Bumper says he's been a fan forever etc) he doesn't get in. Jesse notices at audition that he hadn't got in and even comments on it in surprise.

You see him then in his room sad because the groups are all at the initiation and he isn't invited.

You next see him at various points supporting in the audience. Then, at the semi finals event he realises after trying to chase after Beca that the lead singer of the group that got through is still at high schoo which is against the rulesl. This is what gives the opening for the Bardon Bella's to get back into the Finals.

Then, Bumper leaves to go sing backup on John Meyer's new cd... so Benji gets an opening. Jesse warns him not to be too wierd... and he's in and really happy for it :)

Well you're right I did lose interest because it was toe-curlingly awful, but SWG may have been seen on screen but he isn't really "featured" as a strong enough character to warrant the impact the director feels the moment he gets to sing should have.

The other annoying thing about Pitch (im)Perfect is how American it all is. This is demonstrated by the incomprehensibly fast, snappy responses to lines that are supposed to raise a laugh but just get lost in translation. Glee is also guilty of this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you're right I did lose interest because it was toe-curlingly awful, but SWG may have been seen on screen but he isn't really "featured" as a strong enough character to warrant the impact the director feels the moment he gets to sing should have.

The other annoying thing about Pitch (im)Perfect is how American it all is. This is demonstrated by the incomprehensibly fast, snappy responses to lines that are supposed to raise a laugh but just get lost in translation. Glee is also guilty of this.

Fair Dos, but I disagree, he definitely had his role as Jesse's room mate etc etc :)

There's going to be a Pitch Perfect 2, I'd avoid it if I were you :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd certainly check out the sequel ..
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched this today and honestly i thought it was total guff from start to finish! If there wasn't others watching it with me i'd have switched it off!