Gary on his way out (thank god)

2»

Comments

• Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    s_bowes_uk wrote: »
    I tend to take these leaving rumours with a pinch of salt, even if it is someone like Chris Evans that's saying it.

Anyway, I don't mind Gary as a judge. Seems like a nice enough guy, with a decent about of industry experience. He's actually more talented than a lot of people realise.
    I agree and I know hes talented. He just doesnt flaunt it about. Hes too good for this show anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    He says this every year. It's probably so that if Simon decides to return then Gary can just say he was leaving anyway. Damage limitation.

it's never been him that's said it.

the story appears every year, but it's never once contained any quotes from him saying that year would be his last.
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he said at the start of this year it's his last year. Hopefully Simon is returning then Gary can leave.
  • Options
    valeziovalezio Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    He's okay in the songs department, but his choosing of acts? Oh my he's had the worst act of the competition in his first two years.

I think Garys the best judge, he knows music best of all & is a nice bloke. The groups aren't great this year sadly but he had some good acts last year including one that came 3rd. He also had Kye who was great. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him, and his experience and talent qualifies him. He never pretended to be a big personality, that isn't what he is there for. As for his choice of acts, Cowell pulls the strings.
  • Options
    Paul_Howard1Paul_Howard1 Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last two series I didn't really like him . But I think I would be sad to see him go . Really enjoyed him and Sharon this series so far
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I don't like Frankie and Maloney (as they are the worst for their years), I'm not referring to them at all when I say Gary makes shit choices. I'm not stupid; I'm well aware of how producers pull strings backstage, but I doubt that all of Gary's shit non-controversial acts (Craig, Marcus even though his performance of Reet Petite is nice, Carolynne, etc.) were a producer thing. If anything, they can be switched for others and I reckon that Gary picked them or something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mysty211 wrote: »
    I thought he said at the start of this year it's his last year. Hopefully Simon is returning then Gary can leave.

dermit said it. gary's yet to make that statement.