Options

Hitachi TV programming

I have been given an old Hitachi TV for which the owner had lost the remote. He told me I tune it from the remote. I've got a replacement remote from remotesareus.com and it changes channels etc fine. But I can't tune the TV and it only gets Ch 4. Does anyone know how to use the remote to tune the TV? It's a model C14-P216. There are no apparent other controls on the TV itself. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

Baffledbythenew

Comments

• Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,524
    Forum Member
    You can only do it from the handset, there's a button labelled 'Preset' on it, and that switches the TV to tuning mode. There's no way to do it without a handset, if you have the correct replacement?, it should have the required button.

BTW, the set dats from 1990.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    How wonderful to find you, with what - let's face it - is fairly obscure knowledge. It is very generous of you to take the time to respond. Have you any further advice concerning finding the correct replacement?

Baffledbythenew, (well dating from the 1990's anyway)
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,524
    Forum Member
    How wonderful to find you, with what - let's face it - is fairly obscure knowledge. It is very generous of you to take the time to respond. Have you any further advice concerning finding the correct replacement?

Baffledbythenew, (well dating from the 1990's anyway)

There are plenty of replacement remotes available - you 'may' even be able to do it with a One For All remote, but it's often a question of finding which button (or combination of buttons) actually does it.

You might try asking at local TV shop, many now sell the ComGenius remote system - these are blank remotes that they program to order via a computer, and should do the tuning for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So what now? I've tried pressing the preset button and I get an overlay of a line with dots across the pciture, but nothing I do then changes the programme. You mentioned that pressing this button puts the TV into tuning mode. Mmmm...

Baffled by the new
  • Options
    Forum Member
    (The remote I got is a KONIG IR 9476)

Baffledbythenew