[SPOILERS] - Former Doctor reveals info about 50th Anniversary episode

2»

Comments

• DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Oh, you're being a spoilsport now!! :D
    What would we do here all day if we couldn't speculate wildly? :)

only 3 days to go now anyway! we are so close you can just feel it now!
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to sound like the Dr Who Scrooge "in 4 days it will all be over"
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    Just to sound like the Dr Who Scrooge "in 4 days it will all be over"

But you'll only have a month till the next episode, it's after that the long wait returns.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the end, but the moment has been prepared for.
    as someone once said before regenerating.

After #SaveTheDay it'll be nearly time for the Advent Calendar:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Bleeding Cool ran this stroy with a pretty weird bit at the end.

See for yourself

Seems pretty far fetched, but it would certainly be interesting.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that Tom would spill the beans, this close to The Day, without prior approval.
    I'm certain that every Who announcement at the moment, from whoever, is carefully stage-managed. And this does nothing but whip up fan fervour even more. Job done!
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he is in it, then it will be cleverly done. I suspect old footage with new voice over.
  • cy_bonescy_bones Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, you're being a spoilsport now!! :D
    What would we do here all day if we couldn't speculate wildly? :)
    OK, here is some wild speculation about
    the character with the scarf, whose name has been revealed as Osgood - not sure if that's still a spoiler so I'll put it in tags just in case. With a name like Osgood, it's a fair bet that she is one part of the time scattered Clara - is she also part Doctor after he jumped into the time stream as well? If so, is this the 4th Doctor's appearance??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bleeding Cool ran this stroy with a pretty weird bit at the end.

See for yourself

Seems pretty far fetched, but it would certainly be interesting.
    body double with a CGI (younger) face over the double's doesn't sound that far fetched
    Forum Member
    I was referring to this line,
    There will be a total of fifty-something incarnations of The Doctor next week, one of whom will be played by Ryan Gosling. If he turns up.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was referring to this line,
    There will be a total of fifty-something incarnations of The Doctor next week, one of whom will be played by Ryan Gosling. If he turns up.

Yup - that sounds pretty far-fetched to me too! :)
    Forum Member
    If it happened Tumblr would implode.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that Tom would spill the beans, this close to The Day, without prior approval

Just read this story and i think you're spot on. Although, to be fair, if he is indeed in it, it's a bit of a let down to reveal it ahead of time because I think for casual fans like me, it would have been a huge, and very welcome, surprise.
  • brouhahabrouhaha Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadWolfOne wrote: »
    I'm not completely overjoyed, if this article is true. Anyone could make a quote up. I'll take it with a punch of salt.

If true, I'm disappointed. Let's face it, there's going to be enough going on with 3 Doctors. Let's hope it's only a small part.

Yeah, let's hope it's just a small part for the most iconic, well-remembered and loved Doctor of all in a special celebrating 50 years of the programme. :rolleyes:

I take it you're of the post-2005 Who generation?
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    BadWolfOne wrote: »
    I'm not completely overjoyed, if this article is true. Anyone could make a quote up. I'll take it with a punch of salt.

If true, I'm disappointed. Let's face it, there's going to be enough going on with 3 Doctors. Let's hope it's only a small part.

You must be the only person who doesn't want more Doctors in the special than the three which we already know about!

If Tom Baker is in it, I would like him to have as big a part as they came possibly get away with in the script.