Options

DS Fantasy Eurovision 22: Don't Look Back In Stavanger

Comments

• Options
    kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    DamienS wrote: »
    who is the wildcard jury

At the moment you :p plus anyone else who votes who hasn't got any songs entered.
    Gwen 404 wrote: »
    when will the results be?

Semi Final 1 Tuesday 17th
    Semi Final 2 Thursday 19th

Then the final will be on Saturday 21st
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    At the moment you :p plus anyone else who votes who hasn't got any songs entered.

Ah i see!! But in the final, it won't be classed as a wild card?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DamienS wrote: »
    Ah i see!! But in the final, it won't be classed as a wild card?

Correct!
  • Options
    QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    So for the semis rather that a wildcard it's a ROW vote collated from non-competing voters?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quizmike wrote: »
    So for the semis rather that a wildcard it's a ROW vote collated from non-competing voters?

Yes :)
  • Options
    spinbrandispinspinbrandispin Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    there goes my one and only chance...:p:D
  • Options
    stanld03stanld03 Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going through SF1 at the mo, loving Poland so far.

Looking back at Poland's entries, it's a shame they do so badly each year at Eurovision, as they have a great music scene.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some really great entries! I'm loving Poland too!
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Just going to go through a few more of SF1 now:

Faroe Islands – Good to see Aura going back to her roots with some shoe-based quirkiness. :) Fifth appearance from her now, a record? A good song as always from her, this should qualify comfortably.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Norway – Which song are we voting on, the first one or the second one? :p Once we get to it the second one’s good, but the bit before it gets in the way a little.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Czech Rep – Not a massive fan of this one.

Belarus – Seemed promising when I saw Rybak and Timoteij, but not quite what I’d hoped for. I agree with Thom, the English version might have worked better.

Finland – OK, better than the last two.

Monaco – I really think that TAL song in the last contest could have been a contender to win if it had been representing France, a shame, it was brilliant. Really like this too, hope it does well.

Slovenia – This is very nice, would have to be brilliant to compare with the Slovenian entry in Barcelona for me, but not too far behind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Russia – Will probably be competing for the low points at best for me, pleasant enough but lacking a bit of something.

Iceland – Superbly cheesy, it’s different…

Luxembourg – This is standing out quite a lot against most so far in this SF. Didn’t like the last Within Temptation song, the chorus to this one is much better. Very strong.

Sweden – Like the intro, and it flows pretty nicely. Plus the added bonus of Jamala turning up with her chicken suit, I think she’s overdone it with the feathers this time.

Italy – I wish she’d stop swearing, this is a family contest and sweary lyrics are only allowed if you’re an Albanian with an owl, or possibly a Turk with a particular fondness for walls. :) That aside, it’s a very good song and I’d imagine it will do very well.

Ukraine – For sheer left field comedy value I applaud the person who decided to pick Dana International for Ukraine. Classic Eurovision stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Votes are trickling in at the moment. Keep them coming!
  • Options
    PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    now going through sf1

i don;t know if it's because i'm in a bad mood but it's all very dull for me

gonna struggle giving points i think - wish i could vote for my own entry haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Last few reviews for SF1:

Romania – Quite like this, a pretty solid song, possibly towards the middle of the semi final for me but will probably make the final. Have had a Romanan song lined up for a while that I’m surprised still hasn’t been taken, maybe it’s only me that likes it…:rolleyes:

Serbia – I can’t make my mind up about this one. It’s an interesting find for Serbia and I do like the instrumental bits, but the vocals haven’t grabbed me yet. It’s not bad though and it might grow on me, not sure.

Portugal – Grew to like Anna Abreu's song in the last contest and like this one too. Starts well and good tempo to it.

Estonia – Kooky, I’m starting to get it on second listen. It’s got something, but might divide people a bit.

Azerbaijan – Ah, it’s the song infamously compared to Nica and Joe. Luckily it’s not that bad, even if it’s a bit slow. Is his English really that bad that he needs subtitles?! My favourite bit is when he changes language actually, ends well.

Wales – Joe Pasquale in concert. The voice works better with jokes... Ominously on her previous appearance Duffy finished last, and I think I preferred that one.

My top 12 from SF1 at the moment are Greece, Bulgaria, Turkey, Latvia, Faroe Islands, Monaco, Slovenia, Luxembourg, Sweden, Italy, Ukraine and Portugal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    avb wrote: »

Azerbaijan – Ah, it’s the song infamously compared to Nica and Joe. Luckily it’s not that bad, even if it’s a bit slow. Is his English really that bad that he needs subtitles?! My favourite bit is when he changes language actually, ends well.

10 point deduction for you my friend ;)
  • Options
    CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My top 12 for SF1

Bulgaria
    Norway
    Czech Republic
    Belarus
    Finland
    Iceland
    Luxembourg
    Sweden
    Italy
    Romania
    Serbia
    Azerbaijan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    When do we have to vote by? I keep forgetting about this >_>
  • Options
    stanld03stanld03 Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    When do we have to vote by? I keep forgetting about this >_>

Monday 9pm for SF1.
  • Options
    AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like this format, it's a lot less stressful, when looking for a song and adding songs to the wiki. Thanks kvn:)
  • Options
    thomizzlethomizzle Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Embarrassing seeing people choose Azerbaijan over almost any entry in that first semi :/
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomizzle wrote: »
    Embarrassing seeing people choose Azerbaijan over almost any entry in that first semi :/

Yes very poor semi. Greece and Monaco are great though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AxG wrote: »
    I like this format, it's a lot less stressful, when looking for a song and adding songs to the wiki. Thanks kvn:)

You're welcome :)

And thanks for all the votes overnight/this morning. Still 13 people still to send in their votes for SF1.

Only just over 24 hours left to vote.
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When does SF2 close?
  • Options
    PooleyPooley Posts: 5,062
    Forum Member
    just realised i forgot to send votes haha

will be with you in a bit :)

SF2 is so much stronger