Galaxy S3 Mini charge problem

Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
Forum Member
✭✭
I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini in April, and after just one day, it suddenly stopped charging. I took it back to the shop (Three) and they just gave me a replacement, when I thought it may just be a dodgy battery.

Up until today the replacement had been working fine, charging at a decent pace etc. But suddenly today it wouldn't charge from the USB lead in my laptop. I plugged it into the wall charger instead and it still wouldn't charge. I removed the battery and reinserted it, and right now it IS charging via the wall charger, but at a very slow pace. It was on 18% when I noticed the fault, and right now it's got up to about 24% in about half an hour, whearas usually in that space of time it'd be nearing 45 or even 50%.

Has anyone else here had any trouble with the S3 Mini's battery, charging etc? Seems odd and a bit unnerving that this is the second brand new model I'm having trouble with in the space of just over two months. I'm probably going to take it back to the Three shop again tomorrow but wondered if there was something I could do on the phones system that might rectify this problem?

Though to me it seems like a battery issue, the last time Three never even tried it with a new battery, they just replaced the whole thing. I'm beginning to wish I'd got my Irish iPhone 5 unlocked rather than selling that and using the money to buy this ruddy thing! iPhones have been getting a lot of stick lately but I never had an ounce of trouble with mine, and the Samsung Galaxy S range seems to be universally praised, yet this is the second, similar (if not same) problem I've had in a matter of weeks.

Anyway, rant over, if any of you have this phone and can help me sort this problem out, I'd be very grateful. Otherwise it's back to Three tomorrow where they will probably just give me a new phone AGAIN. :yawn: Thanks!

Comments

• booiebooie Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    Not sure if it will make any difference but try charging it switched off (just for this time) till its full. then see how it goes.
    i once had a Galaxy s2 that on about its 5th charge suddenly overheated and the battery wasnt charging. the phone became really hot. anyhow i took the battery out put it back together and it began charging ok and never had any bother with it again.
  • DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive had problems with the charger itself for my mini, but it charged ok with the usb via the pc. Samsung chargers seem to be rubbish, we have about 9 Samsung chargers but only 5 work.
  • Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    booie wrote: »
    Not sure if it will make any difference but try charging it switched off (just for this time) till its full. then see how it goes.
    i once had a Galaxy s2 that on about its 5th charge suddenly overheated and the battery wasnt charging. the phone became really hot. anyhow i took the battery out put it back together and it began charging ok and never had any bother with it again.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. It's charging VERY slowly right now though and am worried that if I turn the phone off now it'll stop charging altogether again.

The first one I had in April definitely overheated, it was red hot, and I only had it a day! This one doesn't feel like it's overheating, but is either charging very slowly or not at all, depending on if I've unplugged it.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never had a problem with any charger on any device.

My SF insists on 800mah+ to charge and will only charge from a laptop when it is turned off.
    I mix and match all my charges, preferring to use a trickle like 400mah one for most devices.