Microsoft to reveal 'major game' comes free with Xbox One

Comments

• He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/fifa-14xbox-one-bundle-set-for-gamescom-reveal/0120326

Strange that CVG say its a 'unique exclusive yet MCV think it FIFA....:confused:

Fifa Kinect edition? :p

lets hope its both;):D
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/fifa-14xbox-one-bundle-set-for-gamescom-reveal/0120326

Strange that CVG say its a 'unique exclusive yet MCV think it FIFA....:confused:

lets hope its both;):D

Very contradictory. I think that deal would hurt EA in the long run as FIFA is hugely popular with Sony platforms and Sony held the marketing contract with EA over the last few years and Microsoft would have needed to spend a huge amount of money for that bundle. MCV haven't been very reliable over the past few months but who knows. I think Microsoft knew they needed something to soften the price especially and PS+ owners get DRIVECLUB for free (all be it without all cars/tracks) but still the full game in terms of features - and a choice to upgrade for a minimal fee.

Maybe CBOAT will make an appearance later ;)
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    It had better come with the Day One edition otherwise that's another mess up
    Forum Member
    gamercraig wrote: »
    It had better come with the Day One edition otherwise that's another mess up

Maybe a bit late in the day to be adding boxed games for free.

I'd expect a download code tbh.

It's strange that this is apparently only in Europe as well. The skeptical part of me thinks that we're going to get shafted on the release date so MS are sticking in a free game to soften the blow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Maybe a bit late in the day to be adding boxed games for free.

I'd expect a download code tbh.

It's strange that this is apparently only in Europe as well. The skeptical part of me thinks that we're going to get shafted on the release date so MS are sticking in a free game to soften the blow.
    Well, didn't MS say the countries that they just shafted will get a free game?

This could be that information with some crossed-wires.
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Well, didn't MS say the countries that they just shafted will get a free game?

This could be that information with some crossed-wires.

Both CVG and MCV are UK-centric sites that's why it's rumoured for 'Tier 1 European' countries. Both have quite bad track records so who knows. Should find out tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    So we could potentially get Project Spark, Fifa and Killer Instinct for free around launch.

(although PS and KI will be full versions with micro transactions)

Would be a decent line up for people just buying the console alone.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    i love Xbox, although going PS4 at launch, but MS sound like there getting desperate?

Maybe Pre orders aint doing so well?

Its a nice touch to include a major title, but they really have made a mess of this whole Xbox One launch over the last few months.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this is true, isn't it a bit of a kick in the teeth to those who were promised a free game to make up for the delay in their country? Or are they going to get 2 free games now?

If this is Europe only, the Americans are going to go mad.

The whole thing smacks of desperation. Those pre-orders must be REALLY low.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    i love Xbox, although going PS4 at launch, but MS sound like there getting desperate?

Maybe Pre orders aint doing so well?

Its a nice touch to include a major title, but they really have made a mess of this whole Xbox One launch over the last few months.
    They're claiming that every console they make will be sold according to their pre-order figures.

Either they can't make enough for strong demand or they can't make enough even for poor demand.

Either way if all the consoles are spoken for where is the need for this deal?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're claiming that every console they make will be sold according to their pre-order figures.

All 180 of them? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    The whole thing smacks of desperation. Those pre-orders must be REALLY low.

The pre orders can't possibly be that low, I mean Amazon sold out of the Day 1 edition only a week or so after they sold out of their PS4 launch day allocation, so it really can't be selling THAT poorly. I know that the X1's allocation might be less than what Sony is providing, but even so, it still shows that it's selling fairly well, at least in the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    The pre orders can't possibly be that low, I mean Amazon sold out of the Day 1 edition only a week or so after they sold out of their PS4 launch day allocation, so it really can't be selling THAT poorly. I know that the X1's allocation might be less than what Sony is providing, but even so, it still shows that it's selling fairly well, at least in the UK.
    It doesn't for the very reason you gave!

We don't know what the allocations are, and given as of what was it this time last week when Major did the unboxing there were only 20 retail units in existence so they probably don't have a very good idea of capacity yet!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They may have sold out of the "Day One" edition, but how many of those were made available? That's just one "limited edition" iteration of the hardware, they are still taking pre-orders on the "normal" version.

"Day One" consoles seem to still be available on MS's own website.

Truth is, nobody knows what the allocations are, but with the console being delayed in 8 countries, and MS seemingly being behind Sony in the manufacturing process, it seems safe to assume there are more PS4s available to retailers than Xbox Ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't for the very reason you gave!

We don't know what the allocations are, and given as of what was it this time last week when Major did the unboxing there were only 20 retail units in existence so they probably don't have a very good idea of capacity yet!

Someone at MS has claimed there will be 100 finished units playable on the show floor at Gamescom tomorrow. If these turn out to be mock-ups then there is something SERIOUSLY wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add to that the fact that PS4 is out-selling Xbox One in a GAME sales region 4-to-1.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news as long as it doesn't turn out to be Killer Instinct.

A free game is always nice with a new system.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone at MS has claimed there will be 100 finished units playable on the show floor at Gamescom tomorrow. If these turn out to be mock-ups then there is something SERIOUSLY wrong.
    There are plenty of debug kits, some with the zebra pattern on.

I doubt they'll be using retail units at Gamescom - nor Sony for PS4.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    They may have sold out of the "Day One" edition, but how many of those were made available? That's just one "limited edition" iteration of the hardware, they are still taking pre-orders on the "normal" version.

Yeah, but the regular X1 has the same warning attached to it that the PS4 has where they state that orders placed after a certain date will be delivered at an as yet unspecified date after release day, so they have essentially sold out of their pre-order allocation.

It's pointless speculating about how many consoles have been made or allocated though, yes they've cut back on the worldwide launch, but I'd imagine that UK retailers will be getting the same amount that they were always going to get. It's the 8 countries that have been cut from the November launch that have had their numbers cut, not us.
    Forum Member
    Add to that the fact that PS4 is out-selling Xbox One in a GAME sales region 4-to-1.

Is there a link for that? Not doubting you, just curious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, but the regular X1 has the same warning attached to it that the PS4 has where they state that orders placed after a certain date will be delivered at an as yet unspecified date after release day, so they have essentially sold out of their pre-order allocation.

It's pointless speculating about how many consoles have been made or allocated though, yes they've cut back on the worldwide launch, but I'd imagine that UK retailers will be getting the same amount that they were always going to get. It's the 8 countries that have been cut from the November launch that have had their numbers cut, not us.

That may be so, but consider this. MS aren't giving away free games out of the goodness of their hearts. This is going to cost them a LOT of money. They are only doing this because they have to, in order to boost sales.

DRM, going multi region, headsets, HDMI cables, disabling Kinect, limited launch, free games..... Something is very VERY wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are plenty of debug kits, some with the zebra pattern on.

I doubt they'll be using retail units at Gamescom - nor Sony for PS4.

Hmmm.... it will be interesting to see what they have on display.
    Forum Member
    That may be so, but consider this. MS aren't giving away free games out of the goodness of their hearts. This is going to cost them a LOT of money. They are only doing this because they have to, in order to boost sales.

DRM, going multi region, headsets, HDMI cables, disabling Kinect, limited launch, free games..... Something is very VERY wrong.

It is a big contrast from Sony who I've hardly heard a peep out of except in Feb an E3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gamercraig wrote: »
    Is there a link for that? Not doubting you, just curious.
    Most certainly. There is a NeoGAF user who posts sales data from time to time, he has access to figures for a particular region only, it is unknown which.

Several weeks ago he/she posted some data PS4 was way ahead.

Yesterday made claim to 4-to-1 saying PS4 is doing well in supermarkets
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=77036103&highlight=#post77036103

And here is some older data
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭