Why cant you do a lie detector test when pregnant?

dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know?
It was just on Jeremy Kyle that someone needs a lie detector but cant do it yet because she is pregnant.

Any idea why being pregnant means you cant take one?

Just curious.....
:confused:

Comments

• ontheoutsideontheoutside Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dollymarie wrote: »
    Does anyone know?
    It was just on Jeremy Kyle that someone needs a lie detector but cant do it yet because she is pregnant.

Just curious.....

Probably because the lie detector is picking up signals from the unborn baby as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Doesn't it monitor your heart rate or something? Maybe it's the same reason pregnant women can't go on scary rides..not like rollercoaster but haunted houses
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd imagine it's because it tests stuff like heartrate and sweat and stuff, and anyone who's been pregnant will know that those sorts of things can go off the scale while you're up the duff :o, so a lie detector test would give an unreliable reading.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The polygraph examiner shall make such inquiries of the subject's health, medical history and/or use of medications as necessary to determine his/her ability to take the examination. Polygraph examinations shall not be conducted on any person whom the examiner reasonably believes to be physically or emotionally unsuitable for testing. This may include but is not limited to persons with heart conditions, women who are pregnant and individuals taking certain types of medication that may interfere with test results."
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably because the lie detector is picking up signals from the unborn baby as well.

and unborn baby's are lying bas*ards :mad:

:D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dollymarie wrote: »
    Does anyone know?

Just curious.....
    I wondered the same, but I'm guessing it has something to do with heart rates and stuff being affected by pregnancy.
    What I don't understand is why not make the cheating guy take the lie detector test instead? My own personal lie detector was ringing like mad when I was listening to him! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess as well, if the results show the guy is cheating it could send the girl into a pretty bad state, causing complications.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    humphryb wrote: »
    I guess as well, if the results show the guy is cheating it could send the girl into a pretty bad state, causing complications.

'here we have Mercadeeees - she's 14 and has claimed to have never cheated on her virgin boyfriend (Del, 13) who she has been with for nearly a year.

We were going to do a lie detector but can't cos she's 8 months pregnant'

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd imagine it's because it tests stuff like heartrate and sweat and stuff, and anyone who's been pregnant will know that those sorts of things can go off the scale while you're up the duff :o, so a lie detector test would give an unreliable reading.

I don't think they're worried about it being unreliable. :D

Lie detectors aren't 100% accurate, anyway, so anyone who'd base their decision solely on it's result is an idiot, which is a fair description of most of the guests. :p
  • DirtySexyMonkeyDirtySexyMonkey Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DNR wrote: »
    I don't think they're worried about it being unreliable. :D

Lie detectors aren't 100% accurate, anyway, so anyone who'd base their decision solely on it's result is an idiot, which is a fair description of most of the guests. :p

Just 99%.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just 99%.

99% of the guests? - you been on it or something and claiming to be part of the 1% :D

what was the subject?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    comedyfish wrote: »
    'here we have Mercadeeees - she's 14 and has claimed to have never cheated on her virgin boyfriend (Del, 13) who she has been with for nearly a year.

We were going to do a lie detector but can't cos she's 8 months pregnant'

Bloody hell, is that what it was about :eek:
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why cant you do a lie detector test when pregnant?

Because it's not very comfortable to pee on ? :p
  • thecreepingmessthecreepingmess Posts: 3,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Polygraph tests don't work full-stop. Pregnant or not.
  • Toxteth O'GradyToxteth O'Grady Posts: 8,476
    Forum Member
    Doesn't it monitor your heart rate or something? Maybe it's the same reason pregnant women can't go on scary rides..not like rollercoaster but haunted houses

It wouldn't be the same - going on a rollercoaster would raise your heartrate, measuring it doesn't.

Heart rate, blood pressure etc are measured many times throughout pregnancy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They`re not as reliable as people like Jeremy Kyle like to make out.
  • jackulatorjackulator Posts: 7,209
    Forum Member
    because being pregnant dictates your female and are so confused by the question as to give an inaccurate answer
  • piperpiper Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To me it puts into doubt his DNA tests.
    Are they all actors?
    :cool:
  • Deborah_WilbankDeborah_Wilbank Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I see no real reason why pregnant women cannot take a polygraph. Measuring heart rate and skin response should not effect the mother or baby, however, the polygraph has become a convenient means of identifying a pregnant prospective employee and conveniently declining her application.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bluesowner wrote: »
    They`re not as reliable as people like Jeremy Kyle like to make out.

they are 50% reliable!
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a very strange threadbump.

8 years and a newbie spouts some crap about employers doing lie detectors.

On what planet?
  • yourpointbeing?yourpointbeing? Posts: 3,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    What a very strange threadbump.

8 years and a newbie spouts some crap about employers doing lie detectors.

On what planet?
    The underscore gives the game away
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the most legitimate or classy use of a 'scientific instrument' you can think of, is it?

Chavess: It's yours!
    Baby: Oh no it isn't.
    Chavess: What would you know?
    Baby: If I had escaped from his sac I would be bouncing for joy. Now, more lager and cigs. I'm getting the shakes.
This discussion has been closed.