Options

Alison-potential winner

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Chi wrote: »
    I agree that Allison is a potential winner. So far, we have four: Adam, Danny, Allison, Kris.

Those are my top four choices as well and agree that an Adam/Allison finale would be fantastic! :D:D:D

I liked Lil and Anoop early on and I still think that they are quite talented, but I kind of feel that Lil is the most out of her depth among the remaining contestants. She's got a wonderful voice, but could use some good coaching on song choice and how to really make it her own.

I like a lot of Anoop's studio recordings, but he's another one that could use some help. He's had a lot of experience in an acapello singing group, but I think he needs a bit of coaching to get beyond that style.

As for Matt... I want to like him. I should like him, because I've liked all of his song choices and I like how he's contemporized some of them. But, for some reason, I just don't like his voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best female of this series without a doubt IMO. I hope she'll make the final, but Adam is almost guaranteed to win now. I think Adam has a better voice (even though they both have great voices), but I prefer Allison's voice and tone as well as Allison herself. :)
  • Options
    Forever AwkwardForever Awkward Posts: 3,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An Adam/Allison final would have been my choice from the start. I would want Adam to win, he has been my favourite since his first audition, but Allison would make a more than worthy adversary and I would love to hear them duetting in the final.

Allison has the type of female voice I like. Call me weird but I like gentle, melodic tones in a male voice and huskier, rougher tones in a female voice.

Allison has been the best and most consistent female from the start. Ironic considering her age but understandable considering her talent show pedigree.
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the final two will be Adam and Danny.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »
    the final two will be Adam and Danny.:)

There are no guarantees.
  • Options
    ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but understandable considering her talent show pedigree

Are you saying she's been in lots of talent shows already? If so, why hasn't she already got a record deal? I think she's great and like Forever Awkward, she's got the kind of female voice I like.
  • Options
    daddy66daddy66 Posts: 12,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I forced myself to watch and promise to only speak if it was a positive critique, for the benifit of my OH...I only spoke twice- Once for Adam and the second time was for Allison.

These two will be/should be in the final but she'll have a hard time against Adam.
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daddy66 wrote: »
    I forced myself to watch and promise to only speak if it was a positive critique, for the benifit of my OH...I only spoke twice- Once for Adam and the second time was for Allison.

These two will be/should be in the final but she'll have a hard time against Adam.

You really think shes going to beat Danny Gokey..no chance.
    I think she MIGHT finish third.
    she simply doesnt have the fanbase of Danny and Adam.
    i still say its going to be an Adam/Danny first and Second with Adam winning..just.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »
    You really think shes going to beat Danny Gokey..no chance.
    I think she MIGHT finish third.
    she simply doesnt have the fanbase of Danny and Adam.
    i still say its going to be an Adam/Danny first and Second with Adam winning..just.

I don't know, Danny has been a bit dull were as she's been interesting.

Danny is good, liked him as favourite from the start...but he seems stalled.
  • Options
    BillieABillieA Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you saying she's been in lots of talent shows already? If so, why hasn't she already got a record deal? I think she's great and like Forever Awkward, she's got the kind of female voice I like.

Allison entered several talent shows as a child.

About a year ago when she was still 15, she won a Latin-American talent show called "Quinceanera" (15 year old girl). As a result Allison had the biggest following of any of the contestants at the start of the series.
    franster wrote: »
    I mean, Adam is a dead cert,

No he's not.
    franster wrote: »
    Adam is a fantastic singer, but I wouldn't ever buy his album.

I can't wait.
    <Glen> wrote: »
    Best female of this series without a doubt IMO. I hope she'll make the final, but Adam is almost guaranteed to win now. I think Adam has a better voice (even though they both have great voices), but I prefer Allison's voice and tone as well as Allison herself. :)

First point - agree.
    Second point - agree.
    Third point - disagree.
    Fourth point - agree.
    Fifth point - agree (Allison has a good voice, not a great voice - nice tone but very limited range and not enough flexibility)
    Sixth point - disagree (I like Allison's tone but I love Adam's, as well as thinking Adam is the more charismatic - perhaps the crucial missing factor with Allison - and the more endearing personality simply because, much like Leona, he is so unassuming for someone so exceptionally talented).
    I don't know, Danny has been a bit dull were as she's been interesting.

Danny is good, liked him as favourite from the start...but he seems stalled.

My problem with Danny is that though he can obviously sing, though his tone and style is not my thing, he is not that good at what he does. In the first live show, I must admit I wondered why he had been put through. His voice is like a Michael Bolton impersonator and his image would be difficult to market. Then I heard about his "story". I doubt very much that he would have even been put through without it.
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vocally, none of the rest can touch Adam. Alison is good, though, and I think she's going to do well. I agree that there's something special about her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BillieA wrote: »
    Allison entered several talent shows as a child.

About a year ago when she was still 15, she won a Latin-American talent show called "Quinceanera" (15 year old girl). As a result Allison had the biggest following of any of the contestants at the start of the series.

No he's not.

I can't wait.

First point - agree.
    Second point - agree.
    Third point - disagree.
    Fourth point - agree.
    Fifth point - agree (Allison has a good voice, not a great voice - nice tone but very limited range and not enough flexibility)
    Sixth point - disagree (I like Allison's tone but I love Adam's, as well as thinking Adam is the more charismatic - perhaps the crucial missing factor with Allison - and the more endearing personality simply because, much like Leona, he is so unassuming for someone so exceptionally talented).

My problem with Danny is that though he can obviously sing, though his tone and style is not my thing, he is not that good at what he does. In the first live show, I must admit I wondered why he had been put through. His voice is like a Michael Bolton impersonator and his image would be difficult to market. Then I heard about his "story". I doubt very much that he would have even been put through without it.

"I think if he wins, Robert Downey Jr should play him in a movie. Wouldn’t that be awesome!"...I stole that quote:o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vocally, none of the rest can touch Adam. Alison is good, though, and I think she's going to do well. I agree that there's something special about her.

Adam lucked out by being in such a weak group this year...I wouldn't have appreciated him as much with stronger contestants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Vocally or in terms of stage presence or as the possessor of that indefinable something called star quality.

Allison is good though and I hope something comes out of this for her, however far she gets, unlike the previous contest she won. She has been my second favourite from the start.
    Adam lucked out by being in such a weak group this year...I wouldn't have appreciated him as much with stronger contestants.

Or do the others just look good to fair to middling to awful by comparison?

No contestant would have lucked out being in the same year as him in any of these contests - AI, XF, PI, FA, BGT, AGT, etc. The most talented contestant to ever appear in one by miles, .....................leagues, .........................whatever, ................ no distance is big enough. In fact, he would have been in with a better chance in any of the previous years with no big sob story to battle against.