Options

Moving Wallpaper

RollerbabeRollerbabe Posts: 207
Forum Member
Just found this article on the Daily Mail about Moving Wallpaper. What do people think?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1149131/Kelly-Brook-squeezes-skin-tight-hotpants-play-knock-Lara-Croft-TV-series.html

It sounds like it probably is going to be more of a comedy spoof. It might be fun.

Comments

• Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rollerbabe wrote: »
    Just found this article on the Daily Mail about Moving Wallpaper. What do people think?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1149131/Kelly-Brook-squeezes-skin-tight-hotpants-play-knock-Lara-Croft-TV-series.html

It sounds like it probably is going to be more of a comedy spoof. It might be fun.

It's not a new series, it was on last year, alongside "Echo Beach" (now axed).

The guy who does the "Come Dine With Me" voiceovers is in it.

G
  • Options
    Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it you haven't seen the first series? :p Moving Wallpaper is quite funny, it's basically 'main' spoof show thats shows all the workings behind the spin off programmes the writers are working for. They also have little inside jokes, like for example if you oddly find a teddy in a particular scenes of spin off programme, then you'll probably find out why in Moving Wallpaper.

Last series Moving Wallpaper was writing for 'Echo Beach' and now thats axed, they are writing for some zombie drama.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andy B wrote: »
    I take it you haven't seen the first series? :p Moving Wallpaper is quite funny, it's basically 'main' spoof show thats shows all the workings behind the spin off programmes the writers are working for. They also have little inside jokes, like for example if you oddly find a teddy in a particular scenes of spin off programme, then you'll probably find out why in Moving Wallpaper.

Last series Moving Wallpaper was writing for 'Echo Beach' and now thats axed, they are writing for some zombie drama.
    ..... Demons? :p:o
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They should have staged MW so they were writing for Demons. I might have watched it then. :p

edit : snap ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ReGenerist wrote: »

Ironically, Christian Cooke was in "Echo Beach" (and cameoed in "Moving Wallpaper" getting ejected from the set) ...

G
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the ITV1 Winter/Spring document that i downloaded it calls the zombie show 'Renaissance'

All it says is:
    'ITV's audience must brace themselves for Jonathan's new project: Renaissance, a terrifying one off drama starring Kelly Brook and Alan Dale.

I didn't watch all of Movie Wallpaper last season but the bits i did watch i liked so i will watch this season.

Its followed by the new comedy sketch show ' Al Murray's Multiple Personality Disorder at 9:30pm
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Moving Wallpaper so I'm a little anxious after reading Kelly Brooke's going to be in it! It seems like everything she's been in fails in some way :eek:

Great to see Alan Dale in it, though, and I hope everyone from Jonathan's team returns for the new series.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, Kelly Brook's in the cast - the omens do not look good for this programme. :sleep:;)
  • Options
    RollerbabeRollerbabe Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Sorry didn't make it clear. I did watch both Echo Beach and Moving Wallpaper last year, both through to the end. I did like them both but thought Moving Wallpaper was the better of the two.
    The whole question last year was whether we were supposed to take Echo Beach seriously. Many people didn't, but some did. I was just interested that it seemed to me they were going more for the comedy angle this year. I am looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I don't think any of us really knew the purpose of Echo Beach. If it was meant to be a piss-take then it failed miserably, and if it was meant to be a serious drama it was totally pants.

It should always have just been Moving Wallpaper on it's own. I can't see it doing that well though - the first series wasn't a great success.
  • Options
    smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't watch last year, but shall deffinatly be giving it a go next week!
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as dave lamb is back, all is good. Of course the little in jokes that followed on in Echo Beach wont happen if there is no other show, but it should still be good. I enjoyed seeing Looe in Echo Beach:)
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Echo Beach was ridiculously bad.

Moving Wallpaper deserves another chance, although I don't know how much mileage is left in this idea.
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the whole concept of Moving Wallpaper/ Echo Beach was very clever and watched both last year.
    Wouldn't have watched EB after first episode, had it been a stand alone program, but watched with the insider knowledge of MW, it was much funnier

I most probably would have persevered with MW on its own, but it was enhanced by Echo B.

I'll definitely watch new series.
  • Options
    4-Tel4-Tel Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I largely enjoyed both Moving Wallpaper and Echo Beech last year. Again, I wouldn't have watched EB if it hadn't been tied to MW, but it did pick up towards the end and Jason Donovan was surprisingly good.

Moving Wallpaper was undoubtedly the stronger show, but I was disappointed when it went from spoof to farce later in the series - the physical fight between the producers and the religious representitives springs to mind as an example of when it was plain stupid, rather than funny. That kind of thing undermined the clever subtleties which made the show what it was.

As for a second series, hmmm, not sure it has the mileage left in it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    I really enjoy both of these last year, EB was hilariously bad and i loved the way the two tied in together. Will watch it again as MW was (and i think intentionally) the better of the two. :D
  • Options
    Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ReGenerist wrote: »
    mb@2day wrote: »
    They should have staged MW so they were writing for Demons. I might have watched it then. :p

edit : snap ;)

You know what? ITV missed something there, Demons should have been the horribly written spin off. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    You know what? ITV missed something there, Demons should have been the horribly written spin off. :D

Lol!

Thought Moving Wallpaper had some charm to it, quite looking forward to some more.
  • Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    The Moving Wallpaper season 2 website is up at www.itv.com/movingwallpaper

The preview looks good, and the series has been getting some good write ups.

Looking forward to it, but I think it's too clever and knowing about the TV industry to be a mainstream hit.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to give it a go. I found the last series quite funny and I only watched Echo Beach to see what they had discussed in Moving Wallpaper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    I am going to give it a go. I found the last series quite funny and I only watched Echo Beach to see what they had discussed in Moving Wallpaper.

Yeah me too, the preview for this series looks pretty good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    I'm really looking forward to this. Ben Miller can do no wrong!
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too. I really enjoyed Moving Wallpaper and thought it was very clever.
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So whos watching next?