Options

After tonights show, are you kind of glad the show has been cancelled?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 768
Forum Member
✭✭
Its amazing how much a show can slip. Think back to when it first started, 10 millions viewers, everybody was talking about it, great social expirement.

Now fast forward to tonight, with the disgraceful scenes of the crowd. Booing a crying person, having a breakdown on TV.

Don't know if its a sign of the times or not. Ashamed to admit that I actually watch this program

Comments

• Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Big huge YES!
    I'm desperate for it to finish for good now.

Even after each series I can't believe how happy I am that it is over for awhile. Even moreso in recent years.
  • Options
    Mr JazzmanMr Jazzman Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's such a shame the real stars of the show aren't appreciated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    Never thought I would ever ever say it but a bid resounding YES.Everyone behind this show now needs to go!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I'm glad its been cancelled on Channel 4. I keep forgetting that the only reason they even bothered this year was because they had a contract with Endemol to show it. Probably why no-one could really be arsed with it as far as the production etc went.

I was actually really enjoying UBB up until Vanessa Feltz, then I too, sadly, had to agree that this is anything but Ultimate. SOME of the housemates, yes. But considering who was available, they have scraped the barrel with the others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I'm probably one of Big Brothers biggest fans but I have to agree.

After the way poor Nadia and Makosi were treated I'm GLAD it's been cancelled.
  • Options
    Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    It's a real shame that Makosi and Nadia have been treated in that way by the disgusting rent a mob, they are iconic housemates and deserved better.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Jazzman wrote: »
    It's such a shame the real stars of the show aren't appreciated.

It really is.
  • Options
    ImperiousKnightImperiousKnight Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel im in a parralel universe or something! In the show i watched nadia stood up to coolio and dulrika! Im original proper bb all the way, this is urgh! Horrible! seems bb is now a show for Chav, multiple kids with multiple fathers , gutter pres/celeb mag reading knuckelheaded nimrods!
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    yes................

Makosi and Nadia are ultimate housemates and will always be.
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Channel 5 buy it, they need to do something about the eviction crowd. Definitely no more interviews in front of the crowd.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhumbaray wrote: »
    Never thought I would ever ever say it but a bid resounding YES.Everyone behind this show now needs to go!

This..
  • Options
    thingofme22thingofme22 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!!!
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Minus the booing, I'm actually really enjoying UBB. However, after BB10 finished, I did think "What a waste of my summer." I spent 3 months watching people, most of whom I didn't like at all, and as a result, I didn't watch BB11. BB9 was fantastic though. I'm really glad I watched that year.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heart says its just so OTT and cruel now.
    but head thinks with the right production team the concept can be saved.

Davina was okay but that remark about nadia making josie leaves was BS..john said much worse last week she didnt utter a word,davina has been dying to tell nadia that all week.
    she HAD to get it out because davina clearly only watches the h.l show and tries to make out
    shes a live feeder also.
  • Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    Yes; bring it back in 10 years when the nostalgia is there.

I'll miss you Big Brother, but it's time for you to go.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it never returns.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,712
    Forum Member
    Yes. I'm looking forward to go cold turkey and stop watching reality TV altogether!
  • Options
    dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    Well i think it's bad as BB should be looking after the people, it was obvious Nadia would not take it well, so her interview should have been inside.
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big huge YES!
    I'm desperate for it to finish for good now.

Even after each series I can't believe how happy I am that it is over for awhile. Even moreso in recent years.

.....yes, and especially after reading some of the bizarre comments made about two HMs who have entertained us..... I wonder what programmes they will watch when there is no BB.... to vent their spite one.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I'm glad it's coming to an end now. I'll stick it out to the final, but I'm far from enjoying it. I don't care if it's revived on another channel either, I'm finished with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I've said this a few times during BB11 and tonight has just cemented my opinion.

BB clearly has to tailor itself to a new type of audience now that neither appreciates nor tolerates complex and interesting characters.
  • Options
    STUPID CUPIDSTUPID CUPID Posts: 2,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I am ,I've just stated so on another thread.
    I'm all bb'ed out and can't wait for it all to end.
  • Options
    darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Yes, good riddance, the show's utter crap!

Actually, it's not the show, it's the production team and presenters. Sooner they disappear, the better. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunnydays wrote: »
    .....yes, and especially after reading some of the bizarre comments made about two HMs who have entertained us..... I wonder what programmes they will watch when there is no BB.... to vent their spite one.....

Good point!! Which is the next most spiteful forum?