Chrismas TV - Dreadful

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
Forum Member
✭✭
David Walliams and Matt Lucas - the "lets make vulgarity fashionable" duo of comedy. I can't believe they've given them a headline slot on Christmas day for a special where they do the same old jokes about making something disgusting in the hope kids and drunk people will laugh at them.

Mix this with a lot of Morecambe and Wise, some rubbish films and Two Ronnies and you have the worst Christmas TV ever.

Comments

• slapmattslapmatt Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why they put "good" stuff on at Christmas. Surely most people are out and about visiting family or friends not sat in front of the TV?
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's always a poor schedule at Christmas and the reasons are of course, that most people will fortunately have something better to do than watch TV, but sadly, not all.

I just wish the networks wouldn't trail stuff as if it's anything better than what it is.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slapmatt wrote: »
    I don't understand why they put "good" stuff on at Christmas. Surely most people are out and about visiting family or friends not sat in front of the TV?

Not in this weather they won't.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

First time we're not doing that, and that's only because we're being dragged to a family wedding, lol :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The last thing I want to do at Christmas is be out and about. I want to be at home eating rubbish.
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    I just find it sad that so many people sit and watch so much TV over the holidays.
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kablamo wrote: »
    The last thing I want to do at Christmas is be out and about. I want to be at home eating rubbish.

Surely there's more you can do at home than not watch tv. :confused:
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last year we had ant and decs christmas party
    weve had 'celebs' do xmas songs why cant they repeat that
    ive enjoyed the christmas films on channel 5
    and the pantos on itv2
    but these are old esp the pantos are from 1998-2002
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    Surely there's more you can do at home than not watch tv. :confused:

Baking, knitting, reading, playing silly video games?:D

Or, the work of the devil, bored [sic] games ?????!!!! :eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst Christmas TV since last year.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    Kablamo wrote: »
    David Walliams and Matt Lucas - the "lets make vulgarity fashionable" duo of comedy. I can't believe they've given them a headline slot on Christmas day for a special where they do the same old jokes about making something disgusting in the hope kids and drunk people will laugh at them.

Mix this with a lot of Morecambe and Wise, some rubbish films and Two Ronnies and you have the worst Christmas TV ever.

I don't know how Little Britain has eeked out such a tired format for so long, a good chunk of their material is directly (and badly) ripped from The League of Gentlement characters.

I'm disappointed there's crap TV on. For those who say Xmas is for friends and family and we shouldn't be watching TV, I'm not well at the moment so I'm going to be home on my own, not drinking, can't even eat any rubbish food, so TV is my 'fun' for xmas :(
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

That's what I would have thought. Are there any other countries around the world that have a lot of Christmas TV or is it mainly a UK thing? Answers on a postcard :p
  • CassiniCassini Posts: 2,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness I'm working.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    That's what I would have thought. Are there any other countries around the world that have a lot of Christmas TV or is it mainly a UK thing? Answers on a postcard :p

Postcard from N London ****************************************

I do believe the americans go full tilt for both
    thanksgiving and xmas in the content of their comedy
    shows and dramas ie, Friends, Scrubs, Two & Half Men,
    Will & Grace, ER, etc
    xXx Crystal Meth

• grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't usually drink - but this Christmas I might as well drink myself into oblivion, the progs are that bad. Thank heavens I got Sky+ and recorded some progs earlier in the year which I haven't watched yet - though most of them are being repeated over Xmas! Even the repeats are being repeated......

Dear Santa, would you please bring Eric Morecambe and Ronnie Barker back to life.......
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have the Strictly special, my soaps and Poirot tomorrow night so I couldn't be happier :)
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Theres some good stuff on. Looking forward to the One Ronnie and Strictly tmoz. Cant understand why they knock the normal progs off though for xmas. Its all kids films and stuff. No decent quizzes or anything for adults. Even knocked off tonights episode of 'The Event' on channel four. No hour news on at 6pm which i like to watch either. Well, it would be all about snow anyway i guess.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skunkboy69 wrote: »
    I just find it sad that so many people sit and watch so much TV over the holidays.

I find it sad that there's so little to watch , I used to love pigging out on loads of tv .
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Will & Grace, ER, etc
    xXx Crystal Meth

True to an extent. In the US of A, I dont think there is a 'ratings battle' for Xmas telly, although they may make xmas special episodes of shows.
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Theres some good stuff on. Looking forward to the One Ronnie and Strictly tmoz. Cant understand why they knock the normal progs off though for xmas. Its all kids films and stuff. No decent quizzes or anything for adults. Even knocked off tonights episode of 'The Event' on channel four. No hour news on at 6pm which i like to watch either. Well, it would be all about snow anyway i guess.

Tmoz????
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member

Will & Grace, ER, etc
    xXx Crystal Meth

You are talking about episodes of US TV series having references to Thanksgiving and Christmas. The thing that Brits may not realize is that these shows NEVER air on Thanksgiving or Christmas in the US. Nothing new is shown on Thanksgiving day, and in the case of Christmas, nothing new is shown either on Christmas day or even a week before or after Christmas. These are supposed to be times when people are NOT watching television, in North America. In fact, one of the biggest shocks I ever had was learning that Christmas is a big TV time in the UK. It is just the complete opposite on my side of the Atlantic.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worst Christmas TV since last year.

I have said during another thread that Christmas TV has not been as good over the past decade or so, in my opinion.
  • SamMcKSamMcK Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"Most people are out" on Christmas day? :confused: From what I hear and know from experience most people are too stuffed from Christmas turkey to go out and you sit and watch christmas telly with your family. Besides going out is what New years eve is for. :D
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Tmoz????

its wht al the txtrs call tomorrow!
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    its wht al the txtrs call tomorrow!

Oh!:)