Options

Castle comes to Channel 5

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Oscar_Oscar_ Posts: 3,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the last couple of episodes (frozen girl victim and voodoo deaths) were not too bad. The ex-wife storyline was mildly interesting though a bit predictable. I got that she was the mother of the daughter but has Castle got a second ex-wife as well?

Beckett is quite a pretty girlie but the hair does not suit her like that and spoils the look. It needs to be longer if she is to have the phwoar factor. Why do women not realise that shorter hair styles make them look butch and unfeminine?

Channel 5 have shown episodes from Season 1 of The Mentalist after Castle these last couple of weeks and unfortunately this quickly illustrates that The Mentalist is much better (so far at least). Furthermore, these are episodes in which Lisbon doesn't have that awful fringe that she has in later seasons.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Just an early heads up from me that they are showing two episodes back-to-back for the season finale on Friday 12th August. (9pm as usual, and then at 10pm also)

I do prefer The Mentalist overall but I am enjoying Castle as well which has a somewhat lighter feel. I think they should consider pairing them together in the future but have The Mentalist at 9pm followed by Castle at 10pm instead of the current order.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Just an early heads up from me that they are showing two episodes back-to-back for the season finale on Friday 12th August. (9pm as usual, and then at 10pm also)

I do prefer The Mentalist overall but I am enjoying Castle as well which has a somewhat lighter feel. I think they should consider pairing them together in the future but have The Mentalist at 9pm followed by Castle at 10pm instead of the current order.

Are they going to go straight on to season 2, seeing as season 1 was only 10 episodes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are they going to go straight on to season 2, seeing as season 1 was only 10 episodes?
    I don't think so. As far as I know, they only currently hold the rights to Season 1. That may change.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Apologies if this is deemed bumping.

It seems 5 are showing 9 and 10 back to back (9pm and 10pm) next week.

Anyone got any information if 5 or Alibi will (re)show S2 and S3 any time soon?
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Well, Big Brother starts the week after, so I can't see anything else being on at 9 until that shite finishes. If 5 are to show it I guess it won't be until next year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Alibi are re-screening Castle Series 2, starting the week after it finishes on C5. Fridays 9pm from 19th August!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    margangel wrote: »
    Alibi are re-screening Castle Series 2, starting the week after it finishes on C5. Fridays 9pm from 19th August!

Thanks for the heads up:)

I would wait for HD on 5, but considering they're showing Big Borer for the forseeable future i'll just watch it on Alibi. I really hope BB backfires for 5:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just to let you know, Channel 5 confirmed to me that they have secured the rights to Season 2, but no broadcast dates are currently known.

I'll let you know as soon as I get more information.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good news...

Season 2 of Castle premieres on Channel 5 on Friday 24th February at 10pm, straight after all new Mentalist at 9pm. :D
  • Options
    LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news...

Season 2 of Castle premieres on Channel 5 on Friday 24th February at 10pm, straight after all new Mentalist at 9pm. :D

Fantastic :D You're quite an authority on channel 5 scheduling! Thanks for letting us know, can't wait :D

I love the leads in Castle and I vaguely remember we were left with an unanswered story arc so it'll be nice to get some answers. However, apart from this family (who are comedy gold), the other supporting characters are a bit weak, they're certainly no Chigsby!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news...

Thanks for the heads up :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mikey_C wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up :)
    You're welcome. :)
    Lowri wrote: »
    Fantastic :D You're quite an authority on channel 5 scheduling! Thanks for letting us know, can't wait
    That's alright, I try my best to keep you guys up-to-date where I can. :)
    Lowri wrote: »
    I love the leads in Castle and I vaguely remember we were left with an unanswered story arc so it'll be nice to get some answers. However, apart from this family (who are comedy gold), the other supporting characters are a bit weak, they're certainly no Chigsby!
    Completely agree. The Mentalist is definitely a lot stronger in that regard. Also Castle tends to be a bit lighter overall. They should work well back-to-back though.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see Season 2 making an appearance. I started Sky Plussing Season 1 in HD until I decided to upgrade the Hard Drive on my Sky box and couldn't transfer the recordings. Doh!

I'm at US pace with Season 4 as it stands .. quite possibly my favourite show at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member