Cannot understand how Christopher has survived this long!

13»

Comments

• paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think his survival might have something to do with him getting lots of votes! Seriously the guy can sing in tune which is more than can be said for the rest. He hasn't sung a dodgy note in the entire competition.
  • tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if the story in yesterdays sunday mirror will efect his votes next weekend
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Well if he wins I hope everyone who votes buys his album, it will take more than the cost of a call

not once have i thought he is being picked on, its true his songs are predictable, he cant dance, he always looks terrified and lacks any kind of xfactor

My only hope is that Saturday night finds a new reality tv show as I think this is the final nail in the coffin for xfactor
  • roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skip65 wrote: »
    Please come up with something new. It's been kicked to death all theses hate threads of the same thing over and over again

^^This.. It's become rather pathetic now...................
  • Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with the OP and was going to post something similar myself.

How has he survived? I'm a school teacher and so discuss X factor with quite a lot of people. No one I know votes for him; no one likes him and that includes teenagers, myself (in my 40s) and my friends and my mum who's in her 60s. This is quite a large age range, so who on earth is voting for him? There actually seem to be quite a few supporters on this forum, although some are voting just to annoy Cowell, which seems ridiculous, but none of them really believe he has the X factor, just that he can sing well - even if it is straight out of the 80s. He actually puts me in mind of someone like Rick Astley.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I remember Borelow saying he was going to be a judge to bring credibility back to the X Factor...I actually had high hopes....until Corcozza......and now Christopher...don't get me wrong, Christopher has a nice voice but for Gary to champion him about having the X Factor...well the show really is a joke now. Last decent series, imo, was Series 5 when Alexandra won it, good judge lineup as well, Simon, Louis, Danni and Cheryl (her 1st year) (before she disappeared up Simon's and her own arse).

I agree. XF has been sliding downhill at a rate of knots since series 5 and has just become Big Brother with karaoke attached.

Tbh, I've passed the stage of caring who wins now. Cowell already knows who will get cash spent on them and if the public get it *wrong*, he'll just bin the winner as soon as he can and concentrate on the *real winners*.

In some ways, maybe Chris should win. It's been the crappiest series ever so why not end with the crappiest winner ever? A fitting finale I would say now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Now ive been watching reality tv for years and years but ive never been as baffled as I am that Christopher Maloney is still in the competition??

He is completely average and actually doesnt even have the fun factor which the novelty acts, Rylan,Wagner, Jedward had

Is it the older audience voting in huge numbers, people who dont like x factor and want him to win or people sympathetic to the underdog??

Like i said Im baffled, I know we all have our opinion and they are all different but ive not come across anyone who votes for him?

He has a great voice. You are probably far to young to understand that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has a great voice. You are probably far to young to understand that.

My mother is 70 and thinks he's dreadful. is she too young to understand as well?
  • bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now ive been watching reality tv for years and years but ive never been as baffled as I am that Christopher Maloney is still in the competition??

He is completely average and actually doesnt even have the fun factor which the novelty acts, Rylan,Wagner, Jedward had

Is it the older audience voting in huge numbers, people who dont like x factor and want him to win or people sympathetic to the underdog??

Like i said Im baffled, I know we all have our opinion and they are all different but ive not come across anyone who votes for him?

He's a great singer.

Maybe you've not come across anyone who votes for him personally but he's never been in the bottom 2 yet so people are voting for him.

Just because he's not your favourite doesn't mean he's not good or popular.
  • Skip65Skip65 Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    There is no arguing with hysteria such as yours so I won't. What I will say is that I actually have not posted on many Christopher "hate" threads as you call them. So you are decidedly wrong. I have never said I "hated" Christopher. I dislike him but you are the one who uses the word hate...maybe it is your own turmoil you are dealing with and projecting your views onto others.

You don't know my life as I don't know yours so I won't castigate it as you have mine. Perhaps a cup of tea and biscuit might help.
    hob nob do
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    My mother is 70 and thinks he's dreadful. is she too young to understand as well?

bet she likes radiohead and turin brakes :D
  • bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My mum thinks he's great as does my gran.

Neither are keen on James Arthur and Union J.

Different strokes for different folks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum thinks he's great as does my gran.

Neither are keen on James Arthur and Union J.

Different strokes for different folks.

My mum is a 71 year old who goes against everything that older people should be , she is backing James Arthur all the way , she said his moody , growling performances are hot!!! lol :p:D:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    bet she likes radiohead and turin brakes :D

Far too miserable for her taste. She nicks music off of me and my brother and at the moment she loves Cool Million, Incognito and Joey Negro and the Sunburst Band. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisybelle wrote: »
    My mum is a 71 year old who goes against everything that older people should be , she is backing James Arthur all the way , she said his moody , growling performances are hot!!! lol :p:D:o

what a cool mum :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far too miserable for her taste. She nicks music off of me and my brother and at the moment she loves Cool Million, Incognito and Joey Negro and the Sunburst Band. :D

have to try some of then , anothet cool mama :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    Christopher has 4 types of vote if you like coming his way:
    The people who enjoy his performances
    The strong regional vote (remember they got Ray Quinn to the final)
    The sympathy vote
    The vote from those who detest the x factor 'machine' and Cowell.

On that basis he stands a fair chance of winning.
    Personally I can't understand why either in the last two categories would waste their hard earned money voting for someone who's record they'll never buy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    Daisybelle wrote: »

Haha that is brilliant! :D
  • CaudlehalbardCaudlehalbard Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cannot understand how Christopher has survived this long!

Oh I can - it's very easy. It's because the pesky public keep voting for him. Should we be surprised? Of course not... everyone seems to forget he is the Wild Card, voted in by the public in the first place. Not the judges.

Those who voted for him to be the Wild Card are very likely to continue to support him. Christopher's fanbase is probably more solid than that of any other contestant.

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if he won. Awful thing this democracy lark, eh? Lol! ;)
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    Skip65 wrote: »
    Please come up with something new. It's been kicked to death all theses hate threads of the same thing over and over again

Where's the hate?
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treme wrote: »
    Where's the hate?

No idea. But it seems it has to be mentioned/implied even when it doesn't apply....I'm still waiting for the 'bullying' word to appear :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    No idea. But it seems it has to be mentioned/implied even when it doesn't apply....I'm still waiting for the 'bullying' word to appear :)

And 'jealous' the DS buzzword ;)
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And 'jealous' the DS buzzword ;)

Oh, I beg your pardon. Yes, I omitted jealous!

It gets ridiculous at times around here doesn't it. Can't have an opinion without those words springing up 'sigh' lol.

:)
  • Anne_Morris_CowAnne_Morris_Cow Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Cassy990 wrote: »
    Christopher has 4 types of vote if you like coming his way:
    The people who enjoy his performances
    The strong regional vote (remember they got Ray Quinn to the final)
    The sympathy vote
    The vote from those who detest the x factor 'machine' and Cowell.

On that basis he stands a fair chance of winning.
    Personally I can't understand why either in the last two categories would waste their hard earned money voting for someone who's record they'll never buy.

Hmmm the last 3 being the most likely i think..sadly for him if he thinks they are really amazed at his talent :(
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    It has to be down to the regional vote , has an act
    From Liverpool ever crashed out of the live shows early as I can't remember any,? Rebecca, ray, Craig, Marcus they've all done well,