Vegas - Sky Atlantic

Comments

• BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm okay with it. It's a bit simple, cheesey and predictable but it rattles along and don't tax the brain too much so I'm happy to just kick-back and go with it. I get the impression anyone would know if they'll like it or not after about 10 minutes.
  • BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    I think it is FANTASTIC but I have read because of poor viewing figures in the States they are not making any more............what a shame:mad::(:(:cry:
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the states they replaced it in the timeslot with golden boy and vegas then beats it in the ratings. It gets 9.7m viewers but only 1.5 in the demo. So what does that mean exactly?
  • Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe they shoved in on Saturday in the States for the last episode, the deathknell for any show.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe they shoved in on Saturday in the States for the last episode, the deathknell for any show.

Yep, it was looking like it was heading for cancellation at the end of this season, and now I think this latest move just about confirms it.
    It’s a shame, I like it, and Michael Chiklis is very good in it and I never thought I’d ever see him as anyone but Vick Mackey (although admittedly the characters are similar).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    In the states they replaced it in the timeslot with golden boy and vegas then beats it in the ratings. It gets 9.7m viewers but only 1.5 in the demo. So what does that mean exactly?

I think essentially it means that although it’s overall viewership is alright it doesn’t have a young viewership, which is the demographic the advertisers like, which therefore makes the networks more money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I think essentially it means that although it’s overall viewership is alright it doesn’t have a young viewership, which is the demographic the advertisers like, which therefore makes the networks more money.

Which has been many a great shows downfall:(
    Forum Member
    I loved tonight's episode really sad they are not making anymore:cry:
    Forum Member
    I must be the only person in the U.K to be watching this but I love it:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Borefest wrote: »

I’ve seen it in the top 10 programmes on Sky Atlantic occasionally, so some people are watching. :)

It’ll never get a second season in the US though so make the most of it!
  • richparrrichparr Posts: 348
    Forum Member

I watch it and like it as well. :)

Doesn't look like it will get a second season though. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're not alone:)
  • hallchallc Posts: 200,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watch every episode. it is good
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What are you talking about? CBS occasionally airs a rerun of any of its programs on a Saturday. The only original episode of Vegas that was bumped to Saturday was due to the coverage of the manhunt for the Boston bomber.

Vegas is now paired with Blue Bloods on Fridays. It took over CSI:NY's 9PM slot. Episode 20 airs tonight. Season finale next Friday.

As for it being renewed, who knows?
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    Squiggle wrote: »
    What are you talking about? CBS occasionally airs a rerun of any of its programs on a Saturday. The only original episode of Vegas that was bumped to Saturday was due to the coverage of the manhunt for the Boston bomber.

Vegas is now paired with Blue Bloods on Fridays. It took over CSI:NY's 9PM slot. Episode 20 airs tonight. Season finale next Friday.

As for it being renewed, who knows?

All the US TV sites are in agreement it is almost certainly cancelled. As said above the audience is skewed too old for advertising funded network TV. They need audience aged 18 to 49.

There is also the problem that with the historic time period so similar to shows like Heartbeat etc needs old cars and getting right clothes, it costs more to make than other shows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately it now looks like it has been cancelled which I'm gutted about.
    I thought it started quite slow but over the last few weeks it's been getting better and better.
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/10/vegas-cancelled-by-cbs/182067/
  • rifleman19rifleman19 Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazbah wrote: »
    Unfortunately it now looks like it has been cancelled which I'm gutted about.
    I thought it started quite slow but over the last few weeks it's been getting better and better.
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/10/vegas-cancelled-by-cbs/182067/

Yes its a shame its been cancelled as my Wife and I quite enjoy it, Did anyone else notice a very bad blooper it this weeks episode, When they found the body in the car out in the desert there was a list of numbers in his pocket, They were asking each other what they thought they were and the Deputy said either safe combinations or Cell phone numbers, Err!! they didn't have Cell phones (Mobiles) back in the 60s, I rewound it in case I heard wrong but he did say that??
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    rifleman19 wrote: »
    Yes its a shame its been cancelled as my Wife and I quite enjoy it, Did anyone else notice a very bad blooper it this weeks episode, When they found the body in the car out in the desert there was a list of numbers in his pocket, They were asking each other what they thought they were and the Deputy said either safe combinations or Cell phone numbers, Err!! they didn't have Cell phones (Mobiles) back in the 60s, I rewound it in case I heard wrong but he did say that??

Can you describe some of the episode's plot, please? I want to identify which episode that is and look it up. I have seen all of the episodes, and if there was a reference to cell phones it certainly got by me without me noticing it.
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Can you describe some of the episode's plot, please? I want to identify which episode that is and look it up. I have seen all of the episodes, and if there was a reference to cell phones it certainly got by me without me noticing it.

It was episode 15 "Two of a Kind"
    Title is probably because the dead guy was a bigamist.
    Forum Member
    malcy30 wrote: »
    It was episode 15 "Two of a Kind"
    Title is probably because the dead guy was a bigamist.

Thanks. I am going to re-watch that episode now -- or at least to the point that the scene that other person referred to occurs.:)
    Forum Member
    rifleman19 wrote: »
    ...the Deputy said either safe combinations or Cell phone numbers, Err!! they didn't have Cell phones (Mobiles) back in the 60s, I rewound it in case I heard wrong but he did say that??

I just watched the scene (it was near the beginning of the episode). Deputy Jack Lamb said -- very clearly, I might add -- "telephone numbers," not cell phone numbers.:)
    Forum Member
    Thanks. I am going to re-watch that episode now -- or at least to the point that the scene you referred to occurs.:)

The scene is at 2m 15s on Sky OnDemand catchup
    Just watched and they say TELEPHONE numbers so is correct to period and NOT an error
    Forum Member
    The scene is at 2m 15s on Sky OnDemand catchup
    Just watched and they say TELEPHONE numbers so is correct to period and NOT an error

Moretears you beat me to it, took time for me to download :)
    So the Sky broadcast matches yours and the original poster misheard. Agree it is very clear.
    Forum Member
    Moretears you beat me to it, took time for me to download :)
    So the Sky broadcast matches yours and the original poster misheard. Agree it is very clear.

We should open a detective business, you and I.:D
    Forum Member
    We should open a detective business, you and I.:D

We could probably do well, although I would be like the young detective in the show and get distracted by all the pretty girls in Vegas :D