Rules of Engagement finished early on E4?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
Forum Member
Have E4 ended this season early?

IIRC the last episode to be shown was 'Meat Wars' but there should be "Goodbye Dolly" and "Audrey's Shower" left to show.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rules_of_Engagement_episodes

It's not been on for a couple of weeks though.

Anyone know why?

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last 2 episodes will be shown after Facejacker and The Midnight Beast have finished their runs (6 episodes each) apparently.

It is pretty stupid that they don't finish a show before starting new one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    PITA but thanks for that info.
  • Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just hit me last night, but did we get the last 2 episodes of the series after all?

I can't remember seeing them in a listing anywhere.

Have E4 forgotten them?
  • ep1987ep1987 Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They repeated the show from the beginning... but once again the last two episodes were not shown.
  • ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,219
    Forum Member
    ep1987 wrote: »
    They repeated the show from the beginning... but once again the last two episodes were not shown.

And again this week! :mad:

I suspect we won't get the last two episodes of Season Six until and unless E4 also broadcasts Season Seven? :(

This isn't the first time a Megyn Price series has been wrecked by a UK broadcaster, Grounded for Life was abandoned by ITV half way through its total run.

And yet they have the nerve to complain when people like me download US shows instead of waiting for them to shown on UKTV! :mad:
  • mgnsmgns Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Looks like the 7th and final season of 'Rules of Engagement' is coming to e4 at 9pm on Tuesdays.

Starting on the 17th of September, with the penultimate episode of season 6 (one of the two final episodes they failed to show when e4 first broadcast the season).
    Forum Member
    Could they have scheduled it any worse?:rolleyes:

I missed the first showing on Tuesday as it clashed with Building the Dream. By the time that finished I had forgotten that I wanted to watch the repeat of Rules of Engagement at 10.00pm.:o

I eventually found a mid-afternoon repeat so am now finally up-to-date.:D
    Forum Member
    Glad I stopped by, I had completely forgotten about this. I managed to acquire the last two episodes but looking forward to Season 7 now.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    Could they have scheduled it any worse?:rolleyes:

I missed the first showing on Tuesday as it clashed with Building the Dream. By the time that finished I had forgotten that I wanted to watch the repeat of Rules of Engagement at 10.00pm.:o

I eventually found a mid-afternoon repeat so am now finally up-to-date.:D
    To be fair, there are dozens of other programmes on at that time, including several comedies. I'm not sure why you think it's particularly bad that an American sitcom should clash with a British programme about people building/converting homes?:confused:
    Forum Member
    To be fair, there are dozens of other programmes on at that time, including several comedies. I'm not sure why you think it's particularly bad that an American sitcom should clash with a British programme about people building/converting homes?:confused:

I don't pick a programme based solely on its genre. They were both first-time showings and both purchased by Channel 4 (even though one was shown on E4).

Also anyone casually glancing at the channel guide will probably have assumed it was one of the recent old season repeats.

I would not have minded so much if there had been a repeat on one of the following nights as there usually is for other shows.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't pick a programme based solely on its genre. They were both first-time showings and both purchased by Channel 4 (even though one was shown on E4).

Also anyone casually glancing at the channel guide will probably have assumed it was one of the recent old season repeats.

I would not have minded so much if there had been a repeat on one of the following nights as there usually is for other shows.
    Channel 4 has six channels with only one designated purely for repeats. Of course there will be many clashes of first-run shows. You just happened to notice this particular clash because both shows were of interest to you.
    Forum Member
    You just happened to notice this particular clash because both shows were of interest to you.

I would not have realised there was a new episode at all if it hadn't been for this thread!

The two repeats I did manage to catch were by pure chance as they were shown in slots which are normally reserved for repeats of old seasons.

Neither TV Guide nor E4's home page was any help at all in finding the show :mad:
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make the most of it because the show has been cancelled in the us :(
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't realise series 7 will be the last. :cry: This and Bog Bang are the only US comedies I like.
  • mgnsmgns Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    I eventually found a mid-afternoon repeat so am now finally up-to-date.

The problem with any e4 repeat before 9pm, is that they cut out the risqué jokes/oneliners (especially with Russell).

Looking at the e4 schedule, they repeat new episodes a couple of times during the middle of the night (around 2:30-3am). If you want an uncut episode, you'd be better off recording one of these.
    Forum Member
    solare wrote: »
    I didn't realise series 7 will be the last. :cry: This and Bog Bang are the only US comedies I like.

Same here.

That's another gripe with me. E4's trailer is suggesting that everyone is going to be seeing a new episode of Big Bang this Thursday.

Unless they illegally download the US broadcast, they won't be seeing any new episode before November.

I predict there are going to be a lot of disappointed viewers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't expect the late night repeats to be uncut. I tried that with scrubs awhile ago because they had chopped it up and half the time uncut half the time just a repeat same with two broke girls every so often they just repeated the prime time slot version which leaves some of the better jokes hanging.

Anyway so this has about 11 weeks to run so then they may put Big Bang on to replace it.

I wish E4 would get the rights to Mike and Molly I saw season one and though it was very funny I even emailed them pointing out as this is another Chuck Lorre show it would fit in nicely with all the other US comedy they broadcast.
    Forum Member
    Mike and Molly is a very good show and worth watching. You're out of luck with Freeview though as far as I'm aware only on Comedy Central. You'll also be missing out on Whitney, Anger Management and Two and a Half Men, all of which I enjoy and are similar 1/2 hour US comedies. All picked up by CC in the UK,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen season one of Whitney & Anger Management on Viva a few months back.

Liked Anger Management, after Charlie Sheen being Charlie Sheen is always fun.

Not big on Whitney but could just be I wasn't prepared to give the show a few weeks to pick up.

Viva has also shown repeats of Two and Half Men ages ago.

As the channel is part of the Comedy Central MTV stable I suppose that is why these shows have popped up.

Really wish they'd give the Fresh Prince a rest and put something else on, even my Wife and Kids is begining to get a bit stale thanks to the repeats.

But I suppose I shouldn't complain
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would not have realised there was a new episode at all if it hadn't been for this thread!

The two repeats I did manage to catch were by pure chance as they were shown in slots which are normally reserved for repeats of old seasons.

Neither TV Guide nor E4's home page was any help at all in finding the show :mad:

Here's a website that will stop this happening again http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/