WHATM:BBUSA13 6pm-6pm BST (10am-10am BBT); Jun 29-30; Spoilers Included

2»

Comments

• Shine_OnShine_On Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not been watching the feeds, but just read about the racism and homophobia on the Wikipedia article. What horrid people! :eek:

It wasn't good, from the parts I saw.

At around 11:40pm Aaryn was calling Andy names and was being pretty horrible. Then the rice thing. Then Aaryn started complaining about her hat and was bitchy with Candice. Not long after that at about 1:15 the girls (Aaryn, Gina, Kait) were on the hammock and were pretty horrible about Howard and Candice calling them tokens. It wasn't good, I don't think they are good people.

I made assumptions when I saw the HM's for the first time. I thought Judd being the southern local, yokel type he'd be the ignorant one but he's incredibly sweet and good natured. Whereas the middle to upper class southern belle is a monster.
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaryn is a spoilt, ignorant, racist. There is no spinning it. The "rice" comment about Helen. The tone and way she was mocking Candice "she AXED me" etc. Plus the stuff she was saying about Andy. Beautiful on the outside, horrible on the inside. I can't wait until she has a meltdown when David leaves on Wednesday. :D

I also want Julie Chen to rip her apart.
  • Linus2Linus2 Posts: 2,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shine_On wrote: »
    It wasn't good, I don't think they are good people.

I made assumptions when I saw the HM's for the first time. I thought Judd being the southern local, yokel type he'd be the ignorant one but he's incredibly sweet and good natured. Whereas the middle to upper class southern belle is a monster.
    Aaryn is the worst imo but apart from Helen and maybe Elissa all the girls are awful. They are just pretty faces with ugly personalities. Very dissapointed with the female cast.

The guys seem all right apart from Jeremy and maybe Spencer, not perfect but at least they are down to earth ppl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linus2 wrote: »
    Aaryn is the worst imo but apart from Helen and maybe Elissa all the girls are awful. They are just pretty faces with ugly personalities. Very dissapointed with the female cast.

The guys seem all right apart from Jeremy and maybe Spencer, not perfect but at least they are down to earth ppl.

I think Amanda's great. Completely nutso but in a more fun way than the other girls who just spew hatred all the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redmond wrote: »
    I think Amanda's great. Completely nutso but in a more fun way than the other girls who just spew hatred all the time.
    she said a lot of ugly things about the others too but can´t remember atm because i always try to ignore her. She is not as bad as the rest of the girls thats true but that 24/7 loudness and nonstop talking is unbearable to watch on feeds imo. I wish someone would just shut her up sometimes.

about 90% in the CBS chats dislike her.

Funny thing that Aaryn was casted as Americas sweetheart and everyones Fav (after Elissa) and now she is just a nasty piece of ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linus2 wrote: »
    she said a lot of ugly things about the others too but can´t remember atm because i always try to ignore her. She is not as bad as the rest of the girls thats true but that 24/7 loudness and nonstop talking is unbearable to watch on feeds imo. I wish someone would just shut her up sometimes.

about 90% in the CBS chats dislike her.

Funny thing that Aaryn was casted as Americas sweetheart and everyones Fav (after Elissa) and now she is just a nasty piece of ...

I enjoy Amanda's odd relationship with McCrae. But then again, I am a Sucks poster, and we have weird tastes over there sometimes. :D
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calling complex human beings horrid people over words in one point in time is a bit harsh in my opinion. :D
    some of them are just immature and not informed on certain things.

I haven't physically seen the footage, so I can only comment on what I've read, but from the sound of it, they are horrible people.

There's a difference between filling a "villain" role in a reality show (by being ruthless, self-centered, not very nice, etc), and this. If someone is gleefully spewing racism and homophobia, I have no issue with branding them horrid people.

Then there's one houseguest saying Helen should be hit. As if bigotry wasn't enough, they feel the need to joke about carrying out acts of violence too.

So, purely based on what I've read from various places, I believe they are horrid people, and I really hope the show doesn't gloss over it. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been messing around on Photoshop - http://s13.postimg.org/j8kop9v7r/Aryan_Aaryn.png :P
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a difference between filling a "villain" role in a reality show (by being ruthless, self-centered, not very nice, etc), and this. If someone is gleefully spewing racism and homophobia, I have no issue with branding them horrid people.
    She said something like Andy would win MVP because everyone loves the queers and she made according to her some asian eyes in the DR. In England and a lot of other european BBs they would have kicked her out already.

I wonder what you have to do (apart from beeing violent) in BBUS that production kicks you out.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,768
    Forum Member
    7:16 AM everyone back in bed now NT

Every time I want to watch feeds :p
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    I haven't physically seen the footage, so I can only comment on what I've read, but from the sound of it, they are horrible people.

Then there's one houseguest saying Helen should be hit. As if bigotry wasn't enough, they feel the need to joke about carrying out acts of violence too.

So, purely based on what I've read from various places, I believe they are horrid people, and I really hope the show doesn't gloss over it. :)

and i don't attempt to deny you to have your own opinion, definitely you are entitled to it.
    just trying to point out that it's slightly different over here.
    people might comment on it or not like it but it's not as big of a deal.

maybe it's the format that causes this? i'm not sure.
    but i've been following the usa series for awhile and things like that just don't seem to be as big of a deal with it.

i mean evel dick won for fraks sake haha, and i thought he is probably the most vile contestant that has ever been on an english speaking big brother.

i guess my main point was to try to say not to get too hung up on that, the same way it is in the uk version.
    but you completely can if you want, of course haha.
    not that i'm acting like i'm giving permission, not what i mean...

i'll just shut up now. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and i don't attempt to deny you to have your own opinion, definitely you are entitled to it.
    just trying to point out that it's slightly different over here.
    people might comment on it or not like it but it's not as big of a deal.

maybe it's the format that causes this? i'm not sure.
    but i've been following the usa series for awhile and things like that just don't seem to be as big of a deal with it.

i mean evel dick won for fraks sake haha, and i thought he is probably the most vile contestant that has ever been on an english speaking big brother.

i guess my main point was to try to say not to get too hung up on that, the same way it is in the uk version.
    but you completely can if you want, of course haha.
    not that i'm acting like i'm giving permission, not what i mean...

i'll just shut up now. :p

Just because CBS don't show it on the main show doesn't mean people in the US aren't offended or don't care. Just search #BB15 on Twitter and you'll see plenty of people hating on Aaryn, GinaMarie and Spencer.

The media are starting to get a hold of the story now, expect it be all over TMZ within 24 hours: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/06/big-brother-15-house-the-racism-misogyny-and-homophobia-comes-out.html
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    Just because CBS don't show it on the main show doesn't mean people in the US aren't offended or don't care. Just search #BB15 on Twitter and you'll see plenty of people hating on Aaryn, GinaMarie and Spencer.

The media are starting to get a hold of the story now, expect it be all over TMZ within 24 hours: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/06/big-brother-15-house-the-racism-misogyny-and-homophobia-comes-out.html

yeah, but it's not nearly as big of a deal as if it was on the uk.. which is what i was saying.
    there will always be people hating on someone and someone offended over something.

we shall see, if evel dick's actions and all of the other stuff that's happened over the years hasn't been that huge of a deal i doubt this will but ya never know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah, but it's not nearly as big of a deal as if it was on the uk.. which is what i was saying.
    there will always be people hating on someone and someone offended over something.

we shall see, if evel dick's actions and all of the other stuff that's happened over the years hasn't been that huge of a deal i doubt this will but ya never know.

CBS lost sponsors when they aired Adam's "retard" comments, so I'm sure CBS will try and sweep this under the rug and hope people forget about it.

But they had to apologise for Amber's comments in BB8, so it depends whether these people continue along this path.

Anyway. Faves so far? I have to say Judd, Helen, Elissa, and Amanda just because she's crazy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judd/Andy outside talking. Judd says Elissa didn't deserve all the trouble she got. Andy says Aaryn is nothing but trouble.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    US fans on the forums seem to think this will be a classic series because they're all newbies, and most of them don't have a clue about how to play the game!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway. Faves so far? I have to say Judd, Helen, Elissa, and Amanda just because she's crazy.
    McCrea, Helen, Elissa, Nick, Andy maybe Judd.
  • Shine_OnShine_On Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Liking - McCrae, Judd, Helen, Howard, Amanda.

Although Howard is a little quiet.

I don't mind Jessie / Candice either.

I can't stand Elissa, Aaryn, GinaMarie, Jeremy. The rest I don't really have much of a feeling either way about.
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well.. one thing to keep in mind is the differences between the usa/uk versions.

there's different levels and ways of being pc between the two.

a good example was the incident with speidi where they didn't greet the others,
    uk people were outraged when they didn't go up to greet the others but me being from the usa i didn't see what the big deal was at all, still don't understand it... i wouldn't have payed it any mind if people weren't so up in arms over it.

as someone who's involved in both formats, it seems like people in the uk are bit more concerned with keeping up appearances and presenting themselves in a certain way where in the usa there's a bit more room to be "inappropriate" in our version.

also keeping in mind it's more cutthroat and not so much a popularity contest, villains are more praised over here and tolerated.

that's not to say either way is the better than the other just slightly different.

calling complex human beings horrid people over words in one point in time is a bit harsh in my opinion. :D
    some of them are just immature and not informed on certain things.

This outrage has little to do with cultural differences. Racism is racism, you either tolerate it, or you don't. You can attempt to excuse it, or chose to condemn it. BBUSA villains aren't cherished for their bigotry, but for their ruthlessness.

But CBS will almost certainly put a lid on this stuff after all, Big Jeff seems to have survived his ignorant, homophobic comments.