Comments

• EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Classic-Controller-Game-for-Nintendo-Wii-Black-UK-/151111112603?pt=UK_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item232eec979b

Would this be ok to play Wii games like Resident Evil, but also play all gamecube and virtual console games?

Assuming that the game supports it - not all of them do - then you can use the classic controller for Wii games as well as those from the Virtual Console.
    TheVoid wrote: »

To play Gamecube games on the Wii, you *need* to use a Gamecube controller (the Wii pretends it's a Gamecube, so the Wii controllers won't work).
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm probably just best off getting that £4.55 GC controller then right? At least it'll play all Nintendo games then including Wii games?
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. The Gamecube controller only works on Gamecube games.

You will get a wii remote and nunchuk with the Wii.

You will need a classic controller to play the VC games.

If you look on the back of the game case it will tell you what controllers are compatible with that game. The virtual console will also list the controllers that are required to play.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »

You will get a wii remote and nunchuk with the Wii.

You will need a classic controller to play the VC games.

If you look on the back of the game case it will tell you what controllers are compatible with that game. The virtual console will also list the controllers that are required to play.

Hmm, I looked on google and the majority of people are saying you CAN use a GC controller for all VC games and Resident Evil Remake for the Wii...
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member

This is incorrect as there are plenty of Wii games that are GameCube Controller compatible. Virtual Console is also compatible with a GC controller with the exception of TurboGraphx16, however a Classic Controller would be the better option due to button placement.
    The only thing that one would need to be aware of is that not all Wii consoles are GameCube Controller compatible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    This is incorrect as there are plenty of Wii games that are GameCube Controller compatible. Virtual Console is also compatible with a GC controller with the exception of TurboGraphx16, however a Classic Controller would be the better option due to button placement.
    The only thing that one would need to be aware of is that not all Wii consoles are GameCube Controller compatible.

I have 4 ports on my wii for GC controllers. I presume N64 games will work ok with the GC controller?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »

Yes I don't know why I said that when I have used gc controller to play Majora's Mask. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, Ok I bought Zelda Ocarina of Time, and it's telling me to plug the classic controller into the wii remote? I have the GC controller plugged into the port on the Wii but it still won't let me play. Any ideas?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you got it plugged into the first controller port?

I just googled and someone said it could take 10 or so seconds to register that the gamecube controller is plugged in?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you got it plugged into the first controller port?

I just googled and someone said it could take 10 or so seconds to register that the gamecube controller is plugged in?

Yeah nothing happens. It says on screen to plug a classic controller into the wii remote or press A to go back.

If I press A on the GC replica controller, it takes me back to the menu so the GC controller is registering.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore me - apparently the first controller port for the GC is nearest the Wii power button lol I was thinking it was the other end! Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problem, glad you got it working. Enjoy the game!